We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Knights of the Old Republic

For discussing role-playing video games, you know, the ones with combat.
TheEmptyRoad

Post by TheEmptyRoad »

KOTOR 2 was where I cut my teeth on RPG’s for the first time. To this day the ambient music on the Ebon Hawk brings back fond memories of interesting conversations with my crew. It was where I discovered how I like to play most RPGs, what tactics to use etc.

Good Memories. Didn’t play KOTOR 1 until years later, and the twist had already been spoiled. Though, having learned so much about Revan in KOTOR 2; it shaped how I played him in 1.

Good Memories. Still replay it every couple of years.
Last edited by WhiteShark on March 17th, 2024, 22:03, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added spoiler tags
Emphyrio

Post by Emphyrio »

Griffin wrote: March 17th, 2024, 07:26
KOTOR is shit, very forgettable and started the "Bioware Story Structure" crap with same characters they used from game to game.
there's nothing wrong with reusing the same story structure and character archetypes from game to game.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

TheEmptyRoad wrote: March 17th, 2024, 18:31
KOTOR 2 was where I cut my teeth on RPG’s for the first time. To this day the ambient music on the Ebon Hawk brings back fond memories of interesting conversations with my crew. It was where I discovered how I like to play most RPGs, what tactics to use etc.
I try to go through the whole game at least once a year. It's become kind of an annual tradition for me.
Griffin

Post by Griffin »

Emphyrio wrote: March 17th, 2024, 19:21
Griffin wrote: March 17th, 2024, 07:26
KOTOR is shit, very forgettable and started the "Bioware Story Structure" crap with same characters they used from game to game.
there's nothing wrong with reusing the same story structure and character archetypes from game to game.
The problem is that the writing was worse and they had already done those archetypes better in the preceding games, for example Jaheira was more interesting character than Bastila, and they already did the "tough-ass mercenary fighter" archetype with Korgan better than the Mandalorian. Although I did find HK-47 and the old geezer kinda fun in KOTOR.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

If you're gonna sperg out about tough-ass mercenary fighter archetypes in RPGs your list of acceptable games is gonna be very small. There's nothing wrong with archetypal characters in narratives those archetypes formed for a reason.
asf
Turtle
Turtle

Post by asf »

kotor was just a very bland generic d&d in space
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

I appreciate the inclusion of [Lie] dialog options in these games. A nice bit of roleplay/way to earn dark side points that acknowledges when you're being duplicitous in a way a lot of other games don't. A lot of games don't really consider the players potential reasoning for making certain decisions. Am I helping out this person because I'm nice or for the money? Am I taking this oath because I believe in it and genuinely will try to uphold it or am I just saying what they want to hear for personal gain? Stuff like that is neat.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

mumblemumblemumblegeneralmumblemumbleforcedtousemetobreak2forcefieldsmumblemumblemumble
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Oyster Sauce wrote: March 20th, 2024, 00:31
mumblemumblemumblegeneralmumblemumbleforcedtousemetobreak2forcefieldsmumblemumblemumble
There's an entire deviant art with way, way worse fanart of Vin Diesel as Bao-Dur for some reason.

In other news about to hit the Telos surface. I love these niggas like you would not believe.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Insane luck getting both of these robes spawned in the very first vendor on Telos.