We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Magical mods for non magical games.

For discussing role-playing video games, you know, the ones with combat.
WaterMage

Magical mods for non magical games.

Post by WaterMage »

A lot of games opt for non magical settings, like Mount & Blade, a pure historical setting. There are mods for everything in M&B, Naruto, Feudal Japan, WW2(Parabellum) and high fantasy mods like Legacy of the Dragon and Phantasy Calradia
► Videos of the mods
Seven Days to Die is a survival game with light more RPG elements than self entitled RPG',s so I consider it an RPG. The unique mod in the game is "sorcery mod".Magic is divided in fire/lightning/ice/holy/unholy and you can be a pure spellcaster, but can also infuse ammo, arrows with magic and a desert "vulture" or a .44 magnum revolver firing ice infused 44 magnum rounds can be quite deadly. You can also summon familiars and create unique magical "blocks" and traps to damage enemies. The unique magical thing version from vanilla game missing is the vehicles. Even magical turrets exists in the game and with high skill level, you can load high level spells like firenado or ice storm into them. Some screenshots bellow
► Show Spoiler

The mod can also be played with Darkness falls, a very hard mod. But at least in my machine(Linux Debian), the UI is a bit bugged. Screenshots bellow :
► screenshots
Other non magical game which has magic via mods is Valhein, I mean, when the mods where made there was no magic. Now, there are very limited to end game magic. To use magic in early game, there are many popular mods. Among them, magic plugin and Skyheim. Magic plugin magic is a bit more akin to vanilla based on staves and wands but skyheim has a more interesting magery

Anyone knows more mods as example?

Tags:
jebacdrkac

Post by jebacdrkac »

Game of Thrones/Elder Scrolls/LotR mods for Crusaders Kings 2&3, unfortunately paradox cant optimize their games for shit so you can only guess how good fan made conversions are performance wise...unless if you have monster pc your playthroughs will become laggy pretty soon
Adeptus

Post by Adeptus »

jebacdrkac wrote: March 4th, 2024, 12:02
Game of Thrones/Elder Scrolls/LotR mods for Crusaders Kings 2&3, unfortunately paradox cant optimize their games for shit so you can only guess how good fan made conversions are performance wise...unless if you have monster pc your playthroughs will become laggy pretty soon
I am currently playing Geheimisnacht (Warhammer) at CK II. It is cool, but slightly unstable. I played also Guardians of Azeroth (Warcraft, less cool, but OK and totally stable) and Elder Kings (Elder Scrolls).
Norfleet

Post by Norfleet »

There are mods for everything in anything that be modded and takes off. If you want to play as a terlet, a blue train locomotive, Hulk Hogan, or the Predator, there's probably mod for that.
Dead
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Dead »

Various forks of Cataclysm have multiple magic mods like Magiclysm, Arcana and Mind Over Matter.