We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

[BG3] No Female Warriors mod request

Do you want to add big tiddies to a game but don't know how? Ask someone else to do it for you!
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

Mondain wrote: March 4th, 2024, 14:56
orinEsque wrote: March 4th, 2024, 14:53
Mondain wrote: March 4th, 2024, 14:47

Just imagine, it'd be even lower if I was born a woman.
Average men are actually much stupider than the average women. Exceptional men are smarter than exceptional women. But the dumbest men are also dumber than the dumbest women. So chances of your intellect being low is quite high. Lower compared to mine? 100% chance.
Being quick to offend is not a trait associated with high intelligence.
Acktually that's related to wisdom. Wisdom is a dump stat.
Mondain

Post by Mondain »

orinEsque wrote: March 4th, 2024, 14:58
orinEsque wrote: March 4th, 2024, 14:53

Average men are actually much stupider than the average women. Exceptional men are smarter than exceptional women. But the dumbest men are also dumber than the dumbest women. So chances of your intellect being low is quite high. Lower compared to mine? 100% chance.
All your stats were dump stats.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Mondain wrote: March 4th, 2024, 14:59

Not to defend the HOLE but this thread started with begging her to make a mod the OP is incapable of making.
Mondain

Post by Mondain »

Vergil wrote: March 4th, 2024, 15:01

Not to defend the HOLE but this thread started with begging her to make a mod the OP is incapable of making.
Clerical work has always been the domain of women.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Mondain wrote: March 4th, 2024, 15:02

Mondain

Post by Mondain »

Vergil wrote: March 4th, 2024, 15:03

Signifies that instead of spending time being a code monkey messing with things other people made I just order pajeets to do it for me for free.
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

Mondain wrote: March 4th, 2024, 15:05
Vergil wrote: March 4th, 2024, 15:03

Signifies that instead of spending time being a code monkey messing with things other people made I just order pajeets to do it for me for free.
Insults to disguise your own incompetence? How boring.

I find it really really curious that you keep bringing up orinEsque with tailored insults that shouldn't be obvious to a newfag. :scratch: Whose alt are you? And why the fuck are you engaging with me in the first place?
Last edited by orinEsque on March 4th, 2024, 15:21, edited 3 times in total.
Rand

Post by Rand »

Why are we arguing about this?
This is your game. Set it up how you want. This ain't Reddit or (yuck) the Nexus.

That being said, I don't buy female melee warriors myself. Archers either. Even crossbows or slings.
There is a physiological, psychological, and sociological difference between males and females where women can't effectively compete with males in a battle, don't want to, and it isn't in the interest of a group get women to fight without the threat of group annihilation creating the dire need.
If it were useful for females to fight in ancient armies, they would have. But they basically don't, ever, in any society. All throughout time and around the whole planet.
Women could occasionally win in a one-off, sure. But that's different from being capable in an organized fighting force.
Especially when something like 80% of the men are larger and stronger than 80% of the women.
And even in that 20% overlap, male testosterone and other biology still gives unfair advantages.
Even for the sub 1% of women that could compete, I wouldn't want to be the lone woman in regiments of males in a battlefield.

The only thing that I could buy this sort of thing in is a classical fantasy setting.
As in set in the type of environment written about by the ancient Greeks in the classical period.
Where the occasional woman is a godly avatar or a demigod with unique superhuman gifts.
Last edited by Rand on March 5th, 2024, 01:29, edited 1 time in total.
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

Rand wrote: March 4th, 2024, 18:26
Why are we arguing about this?
This is your game. Set it up how you want. This ain't Reddit or (yuck) the Nexus.

That being said, I don't buy female melee warriors myself. Archers either. Even crossbows or slings.
There is a physiological, psychological, and sociological difference between males and females where women can't effectively compete with males in a battle, don't want to, and it isn't in the interest of a group without the threat of annihilation if they don't.
If it were useful for females to fight in ancient armies, they would have. But they basically don't, ever, in any society. All throughout time and around the whole planet.
Women could occasionally win in a one-off, sure. But that's different from being capable in an organized fighting force.
Especially when something like 80% of the men are larger and stronger than 80% of the women.
And even in that 20% overlap, male testosterone and other biology still gives unfair advantages.
Even for the sub 1% of women that could compete, I wouldn't want to be the lone woman in regiments of males in a battlefield.

The only thing that I could buy this sort of thing in is a classical fantasy setting.
As in set in the type of environment written about by the ancient Greeks in the classical period.
Where the occasional woman is a godly avatar or a demigod with unique superhuman gifts.
Oh? You mean like a Bhaalspawn?
Rand

Post by Rand »

orinEsque wrote: March 4th, 2024, 18:31
Oh? You mean like a Bhaalspawn?
Sure. But not randoms in the Flaming Fist (and every command position), or every second bandit.
Last edited by Rand on March 4th, 2024, 18:32, edited 1 time in total.
pieface

Post by pieface »

If you're able to suspend your disbelief when observing women in combat roles you have wonky-brain.

I'm glad this has its own thread. Also, if you play as a female character, as a male, then you have wonky-brain too and need to cut that sht out.
Makirige

Post by Makirige »

pieface wrote: March 4th, 2024, 19:38
If you're able to suspend your disbelief when observing women in combat roles you have wonky-brain.

I'm glad this has its own thread. Also, if you play as a female character, as a male, then you have wonky-brain too and need to cut that sht out.
Make your own mod.
pieface

Post by pieface »

Makirige wrote: March 4th, 2024, 19:50

Make your own mod.
I don't think you understand how the mod request section works
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

pieface wrote: March 4th, 2024, 19:51

Make your own mod.
I don't think you understand, you posted this in NoAlphabets thread. You got no leg to stand on.
Last edited by orinEsque on March 4th, 2024, 19:55, edited 1 time in total.
pieface

Post by pieface »

orinEsque wrote: March 4th, 2024, 19:54

Make your own mod.
I don't think you understand, you posted this in NoAlphabets thread. You got no leg to stand on.
I'm really confused why you're angry
Makirige

Post by Makirige »

Make your own mod.
Just because you submit your request doesn't mean we have to. If nobody wants to do it, you do it yourself :salute:
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

Makirige wrote: March 4th, 2024, 19:56

Make your own mod.
Just because you submit your request doesn't mean we have to. If nobody wants to do it, you do it yourself :salute:
It if wasn't obvious it's a low effort troll, it's obvious now. Ignore it.
pieface

Post by pieface »

Sorry Orin but you don't get to decide what is and isn't a troll. This is a serious request that makes logical sense.

If you want to discuss the role of women in fantasy combat settings please start by addressing my original post's points instead of ad hominem.
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

Maybe if the idea would've been approached from a more positive angle such as: "hey, why doesn't someone make a mod where women in glorious support positions such as healers/hospitallers get some extra flavour? I'm thinking the Asclepios glass with the snake coiled around it, and some laurii on top of their heads, and some pretty sparkles when they heal our adventurers?"

If you had put it like that, you would've (probably) gotten something within a week.

Just sayin'. You can love a woman in more ways than one.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

The_Mask wrote: March 4th, 2024, 20:05
Maybe if the idea would've been approached from a more positive angle such as: "hey, why doesn't someone make a mod where women in glorious support positions such as healers/hospitallers get some extra flavour? I'm thinking the Asclepios glass with the snake coiled around it, and some laurii on top of their heads, and some pretty sparkles when they heal our adventurers?"

If you had put it like that, you would've (probably) gotten something within a week.

Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

Please reply more to this thread to prove how not angry you are
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

Nah, it sounds to me like he's trying to push the idea that baldur's gate is not a medieval fantasy because women have unrealistic abilities. Which is why I suspect it's a reddit troll. Because he didn't say no female warrior, he said women shouldn't be in the party at all. Which is suspect.
Last edited by orinEsque on March 4th, 2024, 20:15, edited 1 time in total.
OnTilt

Post by OnTilt »

This is a fantasy game, so naturally suspension of disbelief is necessary to enjoy it, and the limit to suspension of disbelief is going to be different for each person. For me personally, bending the rules a bit on sexual dimorphism is fine, although I still prefer it when females occupy magic/agility-type roles. It just makes more sense overall. I'd never make a halfling barbarian for the same reason.

I do agree with Rand, that there's simply too many females in general, and especially in command positions. This seems politically charged and intentional which is the main reason I find it so irritating.

All that said, I think there's been a lot of unnecessary animosity on this thread and we're arguing in a situation where we could just as easily just be talking.
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

OnTilt wrote: March 4th, 2024, 20:29
This is a fantasy game, so naturally suspension of disbelief is necessary to enjoy it, and the limit to suspension of disbelief is going to be different for each person. For me personally, bending the rules a bit on sexual dimorphism is fine, although I still prefer it when females occupy magic/agility-type roles. It just makes more sense overall. I'd never make a halfling barbarian for the same reason.

I do agree with Rand, that there's simply too many females in general, and especially in command positions. This seems politically charged and intentional which is the main reason I find it so irritating.

All that said, I think there's been a lot of unnecessary animosity on this thread and we're arguing in a situation where we could just as easily just be talking.
I don't roll strength based classes with female avatar. I would think the weave gives no shits about gender considering mystra was a women before woke was a thing. Also poisons and backstabbing is very much a woman's MO....

I don't see why all the other non Strength based classes should be restricted to men either.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

orinEsque wrote: March 4th, 2024, 20:14

Nah, it sounds to me like he's trying to push the idea that baldur's gate is not a medieval fantasy because women have unrealistic abilities. Which is why I suspect it's a reddit troll. Because he didn't say no female warrior, he said women shouldn't be in the party at all. Which is suspect.

orinEsque wrote: March 4th, 2024, 20:37

I don't roll strength based classes with female avatar. I would think the weave gives no shits about gender considering mystra was a women before woke was a thing. Also poisons and backstabbing is very much a woman's MO....

I don't see why all the other non Strength based classes should be restricted to men either.
pieface

Post by pieface »

rusty_shackleford wrote: March 4th, 2024, 20:40
orinEsque wrote: March 4th, 2024, 20:14

orinEsque wrote: March 4th, 2024, 20:37

There's no grounding for a car in medieval fantasy. Similarly, there's no grounding for loads of female warriors in medieval fantasy. Even fantasy has to provide a willing suspension of disbelief. This is basic stuff
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

This is a fantasy game, so naturally suspension of disbelief is necessary to enjoy it, and the limit to suspension of disbelief is going to be different for each person. For me personally, bending the rules a bit on sexual dimorphism is fine
I don't even fully disagree with you but A) that is the gayest argument ever. What makes a fantasy setting good or not is typically how immersive it is for the reader/player. The entire point is to blur the lines between our world and this other one, and just because you have magic or dragons (which btw, not long ago and even today people still see this as much of a matter of fact as it is fantasy) does not mean the world is unbelievable. Good fantasy settings operate within certain rules and the like, just like our own, and typically mirror it in many ways. You can't just get rid of gravity without good reason, even though that's fantastical in your definition. This is not the same as low-tier capeshit, or at least it shouldn't be.

B) Saying every person's view is different is also gay and retarded and sounds like something a libshit would say. Just because you deny a biological reality does not mean something should cater to it to appease everyone. There is a large difference between fantasy and imagination, and what you are describing is just imagination. Interestingly, people never make this argument for Sci-fi despite it applying just as much... :scratch: