We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

[BG3] Swaping Karlach & Player Character during sex scene on date night

Do you want to add big tiddies to a game but don't know how? Ask someone else to do it for you!
ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

Roguey wrote: March 4th, 2024, 18:09
Her birth name is Isabella, she changed it to Baudelaire. Must really like that poet.
:scratch:
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

reminder that shadowcute made up the majority of romances, which included games where no character was romanced.
post-EA larian had no idea who its target customer was.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

rusty_shackleford wrote: March 4th, 2024, 18:42
reminder that shadowcute made up the majority of romances, which included games where no character was romanced.
what
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Oyster Sauce wrote: March 4th, 2024, 18:51
what
Roguey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Roguey »

Only 33% of Halsin romancers even going for the bear option should be one of those stats that make Swen reconsider even bothering with such options in the future. In an ideal world anyway.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Roguey wrote: March 4th, 2024, 19:13
Only 33% of Halsin romancers even going for the bear option should be one of those stats that make Swen reconsider even bothering with such options in the future. In an ideal world anyway.
The vast majority of players not engaging in homosexual romances would make a publisher who cares about wasting money not bother with them. And yet…
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

rusty_shackleford wrote: March 4th, 2024, 19:16
The vast majority of players not engaging in homosexual romances would make a publisher who cares about wasting money not bother with them. And yet…
Tencent, Blackrock and Vangard is probably giving them exorbitant amounts for pedo-signalling.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

orinEsque wrote: March 4th, 2024, 19:26

Tencent, Blackrock and Vangard is probably giving them exorbitant amounts for pedo-signalling.
They do it for free.
Anon

Post by Anon »

Yeah but it makes up for a lot of publicity for the game (bad publicity is still publicity)
Anon

Post by Anon »

BG3 is one of the few cases where going woke gave actual profit
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Anon wrote: March 4th, 2024, 22:18

BG3 sold because the game is good.
OnTilt

Post by OnTilt »

rusty_shackleford wrote: March 4th, 2024, 22:19

Right. Its not a rare case of being woke resulting in profit. Its a rare case of a game being woke and also good.
Anon

Post by Anon »

One event can have multiple causes, you know. Not all good games sold as well as BG3...
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

MordiB wrote: March 4th, 2024, 04:47
I'm inquiring if it is at all possible to swap the models & animations of two characters for one cut-scene then go back to normal after its finished. I was really enjoying romancing Karlach in a recent run until i got to the sex scene after the date night, Im sure there are others who don't mind it but it looked super weird and off-putting to me when Karlach picked up my Strong type male character and flip him on to his back and started to play with what looked like to me to be his asshole. i think the scene could still work if i could swap the two with the MC taking charge.

Is it possible to change this so it looks like the main character takes the leads or would I be signing up for a nightmare of a task?
No. You deserve this.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Anon wrote: March 4th, 2024, 22:23

One event can have multiple causes, you know. Not all good games sold as well as BG3...
Most of those good games don't have a recognizable developer attached to it, Larian was already known for their success with DOS2.
Anon

Post by Anon »

rusty_shackleford wrote: March 4th, 2024, 22:24

Most of those good games don't have a recognizable developer attached to it, Larian was already known for their success with DOS2.
Sure, being good and having a famous developer are two major causes. I give going woke as another cause because it made the game particularly popular between the alphabet crowd, which gave it a lot more publicity and want it or not the woke crowd do have money to spare.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Anon wrote: March 4th, 2024, 22:26

Sure, being good and having a famous developer are two major causes. I give going woke as another cause because it made the game particularly popular between the alphabet crowd, which gave it a lot more publicity and want it or not the woke crowd do have money to spare.
If they were a significant factor then the top romance wouldn't be shadowcute by a mile. Same with no male being a popular romance at all.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

If they added another female romance option or simply expanded the existing ones I think it would have sold better.
Anon

Post by Anon »

rusty_shackleford wrote: March 4th, 2024, 22:27

If they were a significant factor then the top romance wouldn't be shadowcute by a mile. Same with no male being a popular romance at all.
We have different definitions of significant. 51% sure is a lot and by a mile as you said but the other 49% can't be called "insignificant". It's the difference between selling well or being the top of the top as BG3 became.
Anon

Post by Anon »

Oyster Sauce wrote: March 4th, 2024, 22:27

If they added another female romance option or simply expanded the existing ones I think it would have sold better.
I myself would have preferred more gameplay focus instead of more romances. If anything romance gained too much focus in this game imo
Last edited by Anon on March 4th, 2024, 22:36, edited 2 times in total.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Anon wrote: March 4th, 2024, 22:30

We have different definitions of significant. 51% sure is a lot and by a mile as you said but the other 49% can't be called "insignificant". It's the difference between selling well or being the top of the top as BG3 became.
The other 49% includes playthroughs that didn't romance anyone. That's how popular the evil male gaze is.
Anon

Post by Anon »

rusty_shackleford wrote: March 4th, 2024, 22:32

The other 49% includes playthroughs that didn't romance anyone. That's how popular the evil male gaze is.
Apparently Larian didn't give the exact numbers for each romance option other than Shadowheart (at least not that I could find with a quick googleing) so this argument can't be more developed.

But here's what I can conclude: Larian was successful at catering enough to the majorities that they'd buy the game, while still being able to appease the alphabet crowd, which gave the game a lot of publicity and they bought the game themselves, and all of these factors are what made BG3 be the best seller it became.
Last edited by Anon on March 4th, 2024, 22:41, edited 2 times in total.
pieface

Post by pieface »

i immediately kill karlach because she is a caricature and extremely gay
Boontaker

Post by Boontaker »

-Be Karlach
-Join creepy discord group as child
-greasy groomer jew sells you into sex slavery
-have penis cut off
-fight Christians for years, because
-get wurmed
-personnel quest is to find McGuffin to get your penis back
-peg the first dude who gives you any attention

100% tranny companion
Anon

Post by Anon »

pieface wrote: March 4th, 2024, 23:51
i immediately kill karlach because she is a caricature and extremely gay
I recommend sacrificing her to booal
Nooneatall

Post by Nooneatall »

We have to remember that normies like the "thought " of that shit being in their game or media even if they don't actively engage with it. The signaling they get to do that they are playing a diverse "queer" game is very important to them. They would be the first to be upset if that stuff wasn't there even if they didn't actually play a tranny character or whatever.
MordiB

Post by MordiB »

orinEsque wrote: March 4th, 2024, 15:48
Eeeew,
And yes it's possible. If anyone's interested, I can give you some pointers, but last thing I'm gonna do is sit there replaying some dyke's sex scenes.
I would like to take a crack at it, I genuinely like karlach and would be happy to correct this.
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

MordiB wrote: March 5th, 2024, 03:11
orinEsque wrote: March 4th, 2024, 15:48
Eeeew,
And yes it's possible. If anyone's interested, I can give you some pointers, but last thing I'm gonna do is sit there replaying some dyke's sex scenes.
I would like to take a crack at it, I genuinely like karlach and would be happy to correct this.
First to get a hang of BG3MT modding basics: viewtopic.php?t=1617-bg3-modding-bg3-getting-started
(You need to extract the Shared.pak mainly)

You will find Karlach's Cinematics within these cinematic files
UnpackedData\Shared\Public\Shared\Content\Assets\Characters\Tieflings\[PAK]_FemaleStrong_Cine\_merged.lsf.lsx

UnpackedData\Shared\Public\SharedDev\Content\Assets\Characters\Tieflings\[PAK]_FemaleStrong_Cine\_merged.lsf.lsx

Notice the files define the race and the gender+muscles, so these have cinematics for all Female strong tieflings.
For Tav you have to go through each race's Male and Male strong and modify the animation there. e.g.
UnpackedData\Shared\Public\SharedDev\Content\Assets\Characters\Humans\[PAK]_Male_Cine\_merged.lsf.lsx
UnpackedData\Shared\Public\SharedDev\Content\Assets\Characters\Humans\[PAK]_MaleStrong_Cine\_merged.lsf.lsx
UnpackedData\Shared\Public\SharedDev\Content\Assets\Characters\Elves\[PAK]_Male_Cine\_merged.lsf.lsx
UnpackedData\Shared\Public\SharedDev\Content\Assets\Characters\Elves\[PAK]_MaleStrong_Cine\_merged.lsf.lsx

good luck!
Last edited by orinEsque on March 5th, 2024, 03:40, edited 2 times in total.
BobT

Post by BobT »

Anon wrote: March 4th, 2024, 22:40
rusty_shackleford wrote: March 4th, 2024, 22:32

Apparently Larian didn't give the exact numbers for each romance option other than Shadowheart (at least not that I could find with a quick googleing) so this argument can't be more developed.

But here's what I can conclude: Larian was successful at catering enough to the majorities that they'd buy the game, while still being able to appease the alphabet crowd, which gave the game a lot of publicity and they bought the game themselves, and all of these factors are what made BG3 be the best seller it became.
But also because they shoved the majority of the alphabet appeasement in later in the game, and also conveniently left most of it out during Early Access.
Guarantee that sales wouldn't have been as good if it was as up-front. This is exactly what TV series do, where the first one has smatterings of woke but is generally alright, then it hits hard during the 2nd seasons, then drops off a cliff in the 3rd. Classic bait and switch.