We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

FightClub - Play Fighting Games Together

No RPG elements? It probably goes here!
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

Ok, I finally remembered that I'm supposed to record some matches. I forgot to get OBS set up beforehand so I didn't capture any of my matches with @Dead today, but I have it open and configured for the next person I play against (hint hint @A Chinese opium den).

I picked up a couple tricks from that video I linked above, especially air dash into down heavy (downward falling anchor attack). I'm also starting to get the hang of using Jackhound (the move where she runs forward, trips, and does a bodyslam overhead). It shouldn't be that hard, but for some reason I keep flubbing the hcb input in the heat of the moment, or forgetting that it's D and not P.

If you ever see me jumping in place instead of doing anything useful, it's because my fingers/hands/forearms have become fatigued and I'm failing to do an up dolphin or an air dash. It looks and feels very silly, but at least it seems to confuse my opponent sometimes. :oops:
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

I have 100 minutes of fighting with @A Chinese opium den recorded and transcoded. My internet sucks, though, so I will wait until I go to bed to try uploading parts of it.

@aweigh linked me this cool SFIV match which is relevant to me as a Sakura enjoyer:

Also, EVO Japan is happening now. JP streams here and EN watch party here. Vampior Saviors side event here. There may be other streams I don't know about.
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

I play as Mr. Dolphin.

Last edited by WhiteShark on April 29th, 2024, 03:41, edited 1 time in total.
A Chinese opium den

Post by A Chinese opium den »

Watching this back makes me realize I sure do neutral jump a lot. And you post another loss :mad:
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

@A Chinese opium den, I'm just posting them in chronological order. One thing I'm noticing is that I need to figure out how I can follow up a jumping down heavy that lands early. Unless it lands very late, it doesn't combo into my usual routine.
A Chinese opium den

Post by A Chinese opium den »

Fighting games are just turn-based games for the zoomer generation.
Enemy takes their turn, then you take your turn, repeat.