We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

March: Starwind

Participate in a new RPG each month with other members of the HQ
ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

maidenhaver wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 20:14
Atlantico is possibly the brownest person ever.
Inverted Coconut.
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

Vergil wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 13:21
What race/build is everyone going for by the way? I'm going full edgelord Sith pureblood jedi.
how do you take a screenshot like this that doesn't look awful
ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

Nammu Archag wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 20:38
What race/build is everyone going for by the way? I'm going full edgelord Sith pureblood jedi.
Bigger screen, I'm assuming...
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Nammu Archag wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 20:38
I'm just using print screen. It fucks up tho and I have to have what I want to take a pic of on screen, alt tab, tab back in, and then print screen will pick up what's actually on screen.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

default screenshot button is f12
Element

Post by Element »

Am I missing something with the dragon quest? I fixed the detonator. Something happened, I presume, but I dont know what it was since the thing is still there. Datapad isn't being updated either.

Edit: nvm, he glitches against the wall anyways so you can just stand there with a sniper rifle and keep at it until he's done. But now I have another question, is the med bay in sandriver unique in not providing cures to diseases? They didn't bother changing the lines from morrowind if you've caught something - it's all about finding the imperial cult or the shrines. Can't return the pearl.
Last edited by Element on March 2nd, 2024, 22:08, edited 4 times in total.
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

I'm making my class. I see that Strength affects carrying capacity. Will I regret it bigly if I don't pump Strength? I picked a Nautolan for the force skill bonuses and waterbreathing and my plan is to be a jedi so I'm definitely going Int for the first attribute.
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

@ArcaneLurker why have you given me an inexplicable sad face instead of answering my question?
Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Tweed »

Someone start putting together a guide and notes. I want this to be easy for when I play.
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

Hm, I got the replacement font to work but now it has inexplicably stopped working despite nothing in the cfg relating to fonts changing.
EDIT: I think it's just capital Is that look strange.
Just ignore this post.
Last edited by WhiteShark on March 2nd, 2024, 22:55, edited 2 times in total.
ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

WhiteShark wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 22:22
@ArcaneLurker why have you given me an inexplicable sad face instead of answering my question?
Because you're right, and my character doesn't have enough strength to hoard gibsmedat, and I was busy.
WhiteShark wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 22:37
Hm, I got the replacement font to work but now it has inexplicably stopped working despite nothing in the cfg relating to fonts changing.
That's weird...
Last edited by ArcaneLurker on March 2nd, 2024, 22:44, edited 1 time in total.
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

Actually, I think it's just capital Is look weird in-game for some reason. The rest of the text seems like it matches up with the example in the .ttf file. I don't know what's up with that.
Last edited by WhiteShark on March 2nd, 2024, 22:55, edited 1 time in total.
ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

WhiteShark wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 22:48
Actually, I think it's just capital Is look weird in-game for some reason. The rest of the text seems like it matches up with the example in the .ttf file. I don't know what's up with that.
I didn't do extensive testing with the TTF, so maybe it's no good?
Could always try another one.
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

Ok, now that I've actually got it working again, I can see it wasn't just Is being weird. For some reason it isn't listening to the lines in openmw.cfg anymore, so I did the following:
  • Go to \OpenMW 0.48.0\resources\vfs\fonts
  • Make a backup of MysticCards.ttf
  • Place your desired font in the same directory
  • Rename your desired font to MysticCards.ttf
I still don't know why it stopped listening to the fallback lines in the cfg but whatever, it works now.
Last edited by WhiteShark on March 2nd, 2024, 23:38, edited 1 time in total.
Atlantico
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Atlantico »

ArcaneLurker wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 19:58
Atlantico wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 19:55
ArcaneLurker wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 18:41
Don't give a shit. It worked, faggot.
people who post bad and/or incomplete instructions on the internet calling others faggots lol lmao even
The only difference would be that I renamed the desired font to "Pelagiad", after putting it in the Font file. I still changed the name listed in the CFG though.
Pelagiad is the name of the font that is in a mod package on the Nexus. It is also built into the OpenMW since 2022
Also "putting it in the Font file" makes no sense, you put it in the Font folder — but what Font folder; one that you created in the OpenMW settings folder in "C:\Users\Username\Documents\My Games\OpenMW\Fonts" or the "\Morrowind\Data Files\Fonts\"

So you downloaded this font package from the Nexus even though it is built into the OpenMW 0.48.0, then downloaded alternate fonts and renamed the alternate font you wanted to use "Pelagiad.ttf" and replaced the old font named "Pelagiad.ttf" in some? Font folder.
I still changed the name listed in the CFG though.
You changed the "C:\Users\Username\Documents\My Games\OpenMW\OpenMW.cfg" file to say " Why though? There isn't even such an entry in vanilla OpenMW.cfg and if there is then the instruction say you should delete them:

fallback=Fonts_Font_0,magic_cards_regular
fallback=Fonts_Font_2,daedric_font
It says remove those lines, not rename them.
In your Morrowind Directory, Data Files, put the desired TTF in the Font folder.
So now you're in the vanilla game install changing the "\Morrowind\Data Files\Fonts\" and you put your alternative font named "Pelagiad.ttf" there?

Even thought the instructions say: "If desired, you can now delete the Data Files/Fonts directory."

Good grief. This is as clear as mud, between those old-ass instructions and your instructions.
I ain't reading this tripe. I got it to work for myself, and you're too stupid to work it out after I gave you hints. [REDACTED] yourself.
That's exactly what a faggot would say :scratch:

"I gave u hints" lol
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

@Atlantico try following the steps I outlined in the post above yours. It should work.
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

how do I not get eaten by the giant worm on Tatooine? And why is the main quest so retarded?
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

I don't understand why people will spend a huge amount of time and energy making total conversion mods like this and then leave in a bunch of dialogue with improper capitalization and grammar. After all that effort, why? Is the written word really so difficult? Can they not see it? Does it not bother them?
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

WhiteShark wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 23:53
I don't understand why people will spend a huge amount of time and energy making total conversion mods like this and then leave in a bunch of dialogue with improper capitalization and grammar. After all that effort, why? Is the written word really so difficult? Can they not see it? Does it not bother them?
They were probably too busy doing terrible VA work with their discord troons to bother
ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

Atlantico wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 23:37
ArcaneLurker wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 19:58
Atlantico wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 19:55

people who post bad and/or incomplete instructions on the internet calling others faggots lol lmao even

Pelagiad is the name of the font that is in a mod package on the Nexus. It is also built into the OpenMW since 2022

Also "putting it in the Font file" makes no sense, you put it in the Font folder — but what Font folder; one that you created in the OpenMW settings folder in "C:\Users\Username\Documents\My Games\OpenMW\Fonts" or the "\Morrowind\Data Files\Fonts\"

So you downloaded this font package from the Nexus even though it is built into the OpenMW 0.48.0, then downloaded alternate fonts and renamed the alternate font you wanted to use "Pelagiad.ttf" and replaced the old font named "Pelagiad.ttf" in some? Font folder.

You changed the "C:\Users\Username\Documents\My Games\OpenMW\OpenMW.cfg" file to say " Why though? There isn't even such an entry in vanilla OpenMW.cfg and if there is then the instruction say you should delete them:

It says remove those lines, not rename them.

So now you're in the vanilla game install changing the "\Morrowind\Data Files\Fonts\" and you put your alternative font named "Pelagiad.ttf" there?

Even thought the instructions say: "If desired, you can now delete the Data Files/Fonts directory."

Good grief. This is as clear as mud, between those old-ass instructions and your instructions.
I ain't reading this tripe. I got it to work for myself, and you're too stupid to work it out after I gave you hints. [REDACTED] yourself.
That's exactly what a faggot would say :scratch:

"I gave u hints" lol
Stop whining at me, smoothbrain.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Starwind is a good example of how I think morrowind dialogue should have been(so far, anyways).
A mix of both choice dialogue and keyword-based, morrowind barely makes use of the choice dialogue feature. Perhaps it was added late into development.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

rusty_shackleford wrote: March 3rd, 2024, 01:19
Starwind is a good example of how I think morrowind dialogue should have been(so far, anyways).
A mix of both choice dialogue and keyword-based, morrowind barely makes use of the choice dialogue feature. Perhaps it was added late into development.
Wait, Morrowind lets you type to NPCs?
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

I thought I was softlocked when I got locked in somewhere with fast enemies and ran out of Force points, but thankfully the repeating blaster I found earlier is amazing even with 12 Marksmanship.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Nammu Archag wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 23:49
how do I not get eaten by the giant worm on Tatooine? And why is the main quest so retarded?
The speeders can easily outrun it and if you're trying to get the escape pod parts you can start casting call dropsjip and loot the lod mid animation and be teleported the second the inventory menu closes.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

rusty_shackleford wrote: March 3rd, 2024, 02:39
Wayyy too many containers.
I think the main issue with total conversions is that modders rarely listen to feedback.
I was going to say lack of QA, but that's definitely not it.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

WhiteShark wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 21:59
I'm making my class. I see that Strength affects carrying capacity. Will I regret it bigly if I don't pump Strength? I picked a Nautolan for the force skill bonuses and waterbreathing and my plan is to be a jedi so I'm definitely going Int for the first attribute.
There's multiple companions that can carry stuff including a droid you can get 2 mins after setting foot in Sandriver I would focus on your combat/force skills more.
Last edited by Vergil on March 3rd, 2024, 03:41, edited 1 time in total.