We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

March: Starwind

Participate in a new RPG each month with other members of the HQ
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

Vergil wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 09:45
First opportunity to help the sith and it's an uppity nog.
ILLEGAL ILLEGAL!!!
forgot how awful the sith armor looks in kotor
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Nammu Archag wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 09:53
ILLEGAL ILLEGAL!!!
Dilate.
(censored for erotic content)
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

Vergil wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 09:55
ILLEGAL ILLEGAL!!!
Dilate.
would be more tolerable if they actually looked like this.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

ILLEGAL ILLEGAL!!!
um hello, modders?
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Nammu Archag wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 10:07

Dilate.
Still looks good to me. I remember I always did the glitch with Carth to keep the uniform throughout the whole game as a kid.
rusty_shackleford wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 10:08
ILLEGAL ILLEGAL!!!
um hello, modders?
I'm tempted to crack open the CS and change her head but sadly nothing can be done with the awful fucking voice acting. One of the primary benefits to making quest mods for Morrowind is no need for voice acting and these tards went and added it for 90% of characters anyway.
BobT

Post by BobT »

Vergil wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 10:10

Dilate.
Still looks good to me. I remember I always did the glitch with Carth to keep the uniform throughout the whole game as a kid.
rusty_shackleford wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 10:08
ILLEGAL ILLEGAL!!!
um hello, modders?
I'm tempted to crack open the CS and change her head but sadly nothing can be done with the awful fucking voice acting. One of the primary benefits to making quest mods for Morrowind is no need for voice acting and these tards went and added it for 90% of characters anyway.
There's AI nowadays, Vergil.. Unless the files are locked then that can be sorted, too.
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

BobT wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 10:13
Vergil wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 10:10

There's AI nowadays, Vergil.. Unless the files are locked then that can be sorted, too.
That costs money unless you have the right rig and knowhow for it
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

I found red7's contribution to the mod
BobT wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 10:13
Suck my fart nigga
Last edited by Vergil on March 2nd, 2024, 11:31, edited 1 time in total.
Incognito

Post by Incognito »

Shieet... you made me install openmw... now I'm playing MW again instead of this star wars faggotry. Sigh.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Incognito wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 13:00
Shieet... you made me install openmw... now I'm playing MW again instead of this star wars faggotry. Sigh.
You want to play a game with elves prancing around in dresses and worshipping a tranny god who blows demons instead of a space game where you can shoot ugly aliens?
Sounds a little LGBTQ2A+++ to me...
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

What race/build is everyone going for by the way? I'm going full edgelord Sith pureblood jedi.
Element

Post by Element »

Mandalorian sombrero tipper, John Groundwalker.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Element wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 14:15
Mandalorian sombrero tipper, John Groundwalker.
Your character looks almost identical to my first Starwind character :lol:
Incognito

Post by Incognito »

Vergil wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 13:01
Incognito wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 13:00
You want to play a game with elves prancing around in dresses and worshipping a tranny god who blows demons instead of a space game where you can shoot ugly aliens?
Sounds a little LGBTQ2A+++ to me...

(how the fuck can you remember all the letters in that alphabet soup? i just call them the lgbqwerty people)
Last edited by Incognito on March 2nd, 2024, 15:41, edited 1 time in total.
ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

Vergil wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 13:21
What race/build is everyone going for by the way? I'm going full edgelord Sith pureblood jedi.

Mandalorian Poacher, Con/ Dex, Heavy Armor/ Marksman focused.
Last edited by ArcaneLurker on March 2nd, 2024, 16:29, edited 1 time in total.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

I wish I had built my character differently. I wasn't aware of certain things (like lightsabers being dex) or Sith armor being considered medium. I wish there were more trainers too. There's no medium armor trainers until you get access to Manaan or get to chapter 2 of the main quest.
ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

Vergil wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 16:34
I wish I had built my character differently. I wasn't aware of certain things (like lightsabers being dex) or Sith armor being considered medium. I wish there were more trainers too. There's no medium armor trainers until you get access to Manaan or get to chapter 2 of the main quest.
Yeah, I got lucky considering I've never played it before. Staffs/ double-sided blades are also Constitution, which I didn't expect before CC, but very useful.

I left off last night after I got jebaited and instagibbed by a sandworm.
Last edited by ArcaneLurker on March 2nd, 2024, 16:45, edited 1 time in total.
Emphyrio

Post by Emphyrio »

Vergil wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 16:34
this is why i hate rpg games
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

ArcaneLurker wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 16:44
Yea I get it's Star Wars but Tatooine kind of sucks as the starter planet. The desert is big, confusing, and kind of monotonous with tons of noob traps. Kashyyyk has it's problems but at least it has the Grey Jedi camp with trainers who will make being a Jedi less ball bursting (although since no force powers are under intelligence you have to do meme shit like train security to up your force power pool) and a companion who can carry you.
ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

Vergil wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 16:51
Yea I get it's Star Wars but Tatooine kind of sucks as the starter planet. The desert is big, confusing, and kind of monotonous with tons of noob traps. Kashyyyk has it's problems but at least it has the Grey Jedi camp with trainers who will make being a Jedi less ball bursting (although since no force powers are under intelligence you have to do meme shit like train security to up your force power pool) and a companion who can carry you.
Well, the shitty thing is I already dodged the big open space, but there's another area, with a small patch of the shifting sands near a container-- an escape pod, and I didn't even notice the noise until it was too late. So I was lured in like a chump. :notsureif:
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

ArcaneLurker wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 16:54
Vergil wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 16:51
Well, the shitty thing is I already dodged the big open space, but there's another area, with a small patch of the shifting sands near a container-- an escape pod, and I didn't even notice the noise until it was too late. So I was lured in like a chump. :notsureif:
If you loot that escape pod hang onto the part you get out of it you need it for the main quest just fyi
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

You can actually fly the fucking ship I KNEEL
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

Vergil wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 17:41
...this is just a big hat with a levitate and speed enchantment, isn't it?
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Oyster Sauce wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 17:43
Vergil wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 17:41
...this is just a big hat with a levitate and speed enchantment, isn't it?
Nope!
It's a big glove with a levitate and speed enchantment! It also lets you fire lasers for ship combat :)
Atlantico
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Atlantico »

ArcaneLurker wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 04:23
rusty_shackleford wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 01:01
Is there a mod to give it a sci-fi font?
https://openmw.readthedocs.io/en/openmw ... paths.html
https://openmw.readthedocs.io/en/openmw ... /font.html

Place the ttf font in the Data Files/ Font folder, and then write the name of the ttf in place of "magic_cards_regular" in the openmw.cfg
After-
fallback=Fonts_Font_0,
That documentation is 4 years old already and for version 0.47

Anyway.

Reading through the documentation, it doesn't say anything about editing the openmw.cfg file. It talks about an "openmw_font.xml" file.

What exactly did you do and where did you get your information?
ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

Atlantico wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 18:38
ArcaneLurker wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 04:23
rusty_shackleford wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 01:01
Is there a mod to give it a sci-fi font?
https://openmw.readthedocs.io/en/openmw ... paths.html
https://openmw.readthedocs.io/en/openmw ... /font.html

Place the ttf font in the Data Files/ Font folder, and then write the name of the ttf in place of "magic_cards_regular" in the openmw.cfg
After-
fallback=Fonts_Font_0,
That documentation is 4 years old already and for version 0.47

Anyway.

Reading through the documentation, it doesn't say anything about editing the openmw.cfg file. It talks about an "openmw_font.xml" file.

What exactly did you do and where did you get your information?
Don't give a shit. It worked, faggot.
What exactly did you do
For those that may be struggling to achieve the same results:
The only difference would be that I renamed the desired font to "Pelagiad", after putting it in the Font folder. I still changed the name listed in the CFG though.

In your Morrowind Directory, Data Files, put the desired TTF in the Font folder.
After that go to your config folder, which ought to be in My Games/ OpenMW-- then open the CFG file I mentioned, and do as I already wrote prior.
Last edited by ArcaneLurker on March 2nd, 2024, 19:20, edited 3 times in total.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

>some pieces of the sith elite armor are medium armor
>some pieces are heavy armor
Why would you do this...
Atlantico
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Atlantico »

ArcaneLurker wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 18:41
people who post bad and/or incomplete instructions on the internet calling others faggots lol lmao even
The only difference would be that I renamed the desired font to "Pelagiad", after putting it in the Font file. I still changed the name listed in the CFG though.
Pelagiad is the name of the font that is in a mod package on the Nexus. It is also built into the OpenMW since 2022
Also "putting it in the Font file" makes no sense, you put it in the Font folder — but what Font folder; one that you created in the OpenMW settings folder in "C:\Users\Username\Documents\My Games\OpenMW\Fonts" or the "\Morrowind\Data Files\Fonts\"

So you downloaded this font package from the Nexus even though it is built into the OpenMW 0.48.0, then downloaded alternate fonts and renamed the alternate font you wanted to use "Pelagiad.ttf" and replaced the old font named "Pelagiad.ttf" in some? Font folder.
I still changed the name listed in the CFG though.
You changed the "C:\Users\Username\Documents\My Games\OpenMW\OpenMW.cfg" file to say " Why though? There isn't even such an entry in vanilla OpenMW.cfg and if there is then the instruction say you should delete them:
url=https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/46854?tab=posts wrote:
So to use TrueType fonts in upstream OpenMW, you just need to remove these lines from openmw.cfg:
fallback=Fonts_Font_0,magic_cards_regular
fallback=Fonts_Font_2,daedric_font
It says remove those lines, not rename them.
In your Morrowind Directory, Data Files, put the desired TTF in the Font folder.
So now you're in the vanilla game install changing the "\Morrowind\Data Files\Fonts\" and you put your alternative font named "Pelagiad.ttf" there?

Even thought the instructions say: "If desired, you can now delete the Data Files/Fonts directory."

Good grief. This is as clear as mud, between those old-ass instructions and your instructions.
ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

Atlantico wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 19:55
people who post bad and/or incomplete instructions on the internet calling others faggots lol lmao even
The only difference would be that I renamed the desired font to "Pelagiad", after putting it in the Font file. I still changed the name listed in the CFG though.
Pelagiad is the name of the font that is in a mod package on the Nexus. It is also built into the OpenMW since 2022
Also "putting it in the Font file" makes no sense, you put it in the Font folder — but what Font folder; one that you created in the OpenMW settings folder in "C:\Users\Username\Documents\My Games\OpenMW\Fonts" or the "\Morrowind\Data Files\Fonts\"

So you downloaded this font package from the Nexus even though it is built into the OpenMW 0.48.0, then downloaded alternate fonts and renamed the alternate font you wanted to use "Pelagiad.ttf" and replaced the old font named "Pelagiad.ttf" in some? Font folder.
I still changed the name listed in the CFG though.
You changed the "C:\Users\Username\Documents\My Games\OpenMW\OpenMW.cfg" file to say " Why though? There isn't even such an entry in vanilla OpenMW.cfg and if there is then the instruction say you should delete them:
url=https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/46854?tab=posts wrote:
So to use TrueType fonts in upstream OpenMW, you just need to remove these lines from openmw.cfg:
fallback=Fonts_Font_0,magic_cards_regular
fallback=Fonts_Font_2,daedric_font
It says remove those lines, not rename them.
So now you're in the vanilla game install changing the "\Morrowind\Data Files\Fonts\" and you put your alternative font named "Pelagiad.ttf" there?

Even thought the instructions say: "If desired, you can now delete the Data Files/Fonts directory."

Good grief. This is as clear as mud, between those old-ass instructions and your instructions.
I ain't reading this tripe. I got it to work for myself, and you're too stupid to work it out after I gave you hints. [REDACTED] yourself.
Last edited by ArcaneLurker on March 2nd, 2024, 20:06, edited 1 time in total.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

Atlantico is possibly the brownest person ever.