We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

March: Starwind

Participate in a new RPG each month with other members of the HQ
Element

Post by Element »

Still grinding my way through random side quests. Very annoying to find out that you have to bring back the trophy to the hunting federation in order to get the next quest. Could have replicated Morrowind's Pilgrimage of the Seven Graces by giving you a datapad with everything that has to be collected on the planet in order to rank up. Then have the big hunts be individual. Thats what the GenoHaradan questline does as well. Bizarre decision. Also it seems like the attributes and the skills don't matter for any faction, other than the gray Jedi, which also don't matter but need your will or int to be 60 before they let you in. And yet, solving the murder mystery on dantooine nets you a jedi companion who insists you're 'force sensitive'.

So far I'd give it a 6/10. Missed potential.
Last edited by Element on March 4th, 2024, 18:42, edited 1 time in total.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

@Vergil did you install all the expansions? I have them in the OP
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

You guys are so fast. I'm still doing sidequests on Tatooine.
Lord of Riva

Post by Lord of Riva »

WhiteShark wrote: March 4th, 2024, 19:18
I am also still on Tatooine, don't worry.
Element

Post by Element »

Buy a speeder and get return to dropship spell. Speeder can be used literally anywhere since its a glove. Big time saver.
DagothGeas5

Post by DagothGeas5 »

I keep forgetting this is a mod for Morrowind, cannot wait to be able to play it for myself. Thank you for sharing this once again!
Also, do not know if it will break things, been a while since I modded Morrowind, but it should be easy to remove/delete the audio dialogue files (something I will do first thing whe I can play this).
Last edited by DagothGeas5 on March 4th, 2024, 19:47, edited 1 time in total.
ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

Same but I'm also helping Tipfy with stuff in Blender.
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

Vergil wrote: March 4th, 2024, 10:31

- The voice acting is really fucking atrocious and it gets double negative score for putting so much of it in a game that originally didn't have it and one of the big advantages to Morrowind modding is you aren't expected to voice things. The mod has a tiny number of KOTOR characters and you would think oh what a blessing Morrowind isn't known for voice acting so we don't have to try and voice this iconic character with some discord troon with a laptop mic. WRONG! Merchants with voices are extremely annoying to hear their one (1) opening line ad nauseam every time you talk to them too.
What's weird is that I am pretty sure a bunch of the alien's audio (who's quips aren't as bad) are directly ripped from Kotor and other Star Wars renditions so... why didn't they just do that with others? The vanilla dark jedi companion VA is bearable so far as well, its just the people you interact with the most are atrocious, like Czerka employees. And everyone is super hostile in their quips as well. Really jarring

I wonder how difficult it would be to combine the enhanced edition and addons into one file with core Starwind and correct all the bad dialogue/writing/VA work? There is no reason that the Enhanced edition shouldn't just be the core game, same with a lot of the official add-ons.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

If the spirit of the Adventurer's Guild is play the classic games no one else does, why not play vanilla Morrowind?
Lord of Riva

Post by Lord of Riva »

So using the speeder does not really do what is written on it's tin, knowing morrowind I started a character with high speed, having already 85 when buying the speeder. The tooltip says it would fortify by 200 points but I end up with 183 (or so somethind odd) in the end. Any idea what this is about? I'm not deep into the technical aspects of MW

I also play a blaster wielding Jawa, I mean, what else would you play if you can be a jawa, right? It is fucking hilarious that the Blaster shots fire in an arch and can be picked up off enemies.
Element

Post by Element »

Lord of Riva wrote: March 4th, 2024, 20:47
So using the speeder does not really do what is written on it's tin, knowing morrowind I started a character with high speed, having already 85 when buying the speeder. The tooltip says it would fortify by 200 points but I end up with 183 (or so somethind odd) in the end. Any idea what this is about? I'm not deep into the technical aspects of MW

I also play a blaster wielding Jawa, I mean, what else would you play if you can be a jawa, right? It is fucking hilarious that the Blaster shots fire in an arch and can be picked up off enemies.
Im not sure why the constant effect falls short of the stated amount, but you can also 'cast' the spell of the speeder in order to go faster.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

maidenhaver wrote: March 4th, 2024, 20:39
If the spirit of the Adventurer's Guild is play the classic games no one else does, why not play vanilla Morrowind?
One of the tenets is to choose games most people haven't played (which is why nobody plays them)
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

Oyster Sauce wrote: March 4th, 2024, 21:47
One of the tenets is to choose games most people haven't played (which is why nobody plays them)
Has anybody played vanilla Morrowind?
DagothGeas5

Post by DagothGeas5 »

maidenhaver wrote: March 4th, 2024, 22:22
Oyster Sauce wrote: March 4th, 2024, 21:47
Has anybody played vanilla Morrowind?
This is a very interesting question if we are talking about the very base Morrowind, without DLC. Would love to know as well!
Me personally when I played Morrowind I was without DLC at first, but stopped after leaving Seyda Neen because life got in the way. When I came back to it, I had the DLCs installed, but had to mod it after I had the "weight bug" (you gain invisible weight that cannot be removed, something to do with the quest script that removes items from you, and can become over-encumbered even without anything, not even your clothes, in your inventory). The amount of errors that I got afterwards, and the amount of mods required to solve them all, really put a damper on my fun. Now it crashes when I touch it, so I am leaving it there for when I will have a mind to suffer through Bethesda's issues again.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

I have never actually played vanilla, with no expansions. I have played without Bloodmoon, with code patches, and Dark Brotherhood delayer, but that was the closest I've come.
Lord of Riva

Post by Lord of Riva »

I have only ever played Vanilla, I literally brought this on a whim back when I was younger not knowing what the elder scrolls are. I was not that firm in English and there was no German version available at this time. And since I actually do not like Morrowind (or any of the game that came after in the series for that matter) but really liking Daggerfall i never bothered to play the game with expansion on.

Whenever I try to play Morrowind I either play and get a guild to max and then get bored or get stuck on the main quest and losing interest. Wandering weird wastes for hours getting attacked by weird birds every 30 steps that hover over you and never come close to you unless you make some awful movements to trick the pathfinding is not really my kind of game.

Having a blaster helps immensly.
DagothGeas5

Post by DagothGeas5 »

Lord of Riva wrote: March 4th, 2024, 22:49
I have only ever played Vanilla, I literally brought this on a whim back when I was younger not knowing what the elder scrolls are. I was not that firm in English and there was no German version available at this time. And since I actually do not like Morrowind (or any of the game that came after in the series for that matter) but really liking Daggerfall i never bothered to play the game with expansion on.

Whenever I try to play Morrowind I either play and get a guild to max and then get bored or get stuck on the main quest and losing interest. Wandering weird wastes for hours getting attacked by weird birds every 30 steps that hover over you and never come close to you unless you make some awful movements to trick the pathfinding is not really my kind of game.

Having a blaster helps immensly.
The cliff racers attack if you are wounded (they are sky-sharks), but yes, if this mod makes the normal Morrowind still available, I am going on a massive blaster-wielding hunt.
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by DagothGeas5 on March 4th, 2024, 22:59, edited 1 time in total.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

rusty_shackleford wrote: March 4th, 2024, 18:41
@Vergil did you install all the expansions? I have them in the OP
No not yet, doing all the hunter and hutt cartel quests first at the least.
Element wrote: March 4th, 2024, 18:39
Thats what the GenoHaradan questline does as well.
I wasn't aware there was a GenoHaradan questline. Where do you start it?
ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

I've played vanilla Morrowind on the Xbox & PC, not far off when it was first released.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Most people have played Morrowind to death and this thread would be a lot less interesting and shorter if it was 90% of the forums 1488th Morrowind playthrough.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

I have only ever played Vanilla
So you've never played Tribunal or Bloodmoon? Don't, because they suck.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

maidenhaver wrote: March 4th, 2024, 23:31
I have only ever played Vanilla
So you've never played Tribunal or Bloodmoon? Don't, because they suck.
City of light! City of Magic!
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

Vergil wrote: March 4th, 2024, 23:28
Most people have played Morrowind to death and this thread would be a lot less interesting and shorter if it was 90% of the forums 1488th Morrowind playthrough.
You're still playing Morrowind.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

maidenhaver wrote: March 4th, 2024, 23:32
Vergil wrote: March 4th, 2024, 23:28
You're still playing Morrowind.
Your input is greatly appreciated! :goldfish:
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

Element wrote: March 4th, 2024, 19:27
Buy a speeder and get return to dropship spell. Speeder can be used literally anywhere since its a glove. Big time saver.
Speeder is certainly fast, but putting it on and taking it off is annoying. I got the drop ship spell too, but it doesn't seem to teleport my followers so it's effectively useless.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

How do I see what slot an item goes on? I don't really understand what slot a lot of this stuff uses.
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

rusty_shackleford wrote: March 5th, 2024, 03:05
How do I see what slot an item goes on? I don't really understand what slot a lot of this stuff uses.
you don't
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

Nar Shadaa is raping my eyes. The buildings themselves are good but whats the point of openmw if the lighting is worse than vanilla Morrowind
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

>notice there's no point to sidequests if you don't need credits
>decide to beeline main quest
>check journal
>"My contact is somewhere out in the desert."
Great...
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Is there a way to summon your companion to you?
WhiteShark wrote: March 5th, 2024, 03:36
>notice there's no point to sidequests if you don't need credits
For fun, you dip.