We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

March: Starwind

Participate in a new RPG each month with other members of the HQ
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

It has come to my attention that @WhiteShark is playing as a gay wizard instead of someone who bops people on the head. I suggest playing as a bopper.
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

rusty_shackleford wrote: March 5th, 2024, 05:21
It has come to my attention that @WhiteShark is playing as a gay wizard instead of someone who bops people on the head. I suggest playing as a bopper.
It's Star Wars. I'm playing as a Jedi. I expected to be able to Force Lightning and Force Choke, but instead I got Shocking Grasp and Magic Missile.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

WhiteShark wrote: March 5th, 2024, 05:22
It's Star Wars. I'm playing as a Jedi. I expected to be able to Force Lightning and Force Choke, but instead I got Shocking Grasp and Magic Missile.
*bop*
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Unfortunately unless you beeline for Kashyyyk like I did and find the Gray Jedi you're gonna have a bad time doing that. There's also a Sith Master/Jedi Master in their respective embassies on Manaan who offer training but you have to get 20 reputation before you're allowed into the city.

So far the Mandalorian playthrough has been much easier. You can find plenty of marksman boosting items and just stun lock enemies to death from a mile away. A little sad they didn't try to get jetpacks in the game to work with levitate or something.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Vergil wrote: March 5th, 2024, 05:33
Unfortunately unless you beeline for Kashyyyk like I did and find the Gray Jedi you're gonna have a bad time doing that. There's also a Sith Master/Jedi Master in their respective embassies on Manaan who offer training but you have to get 20 reputation before you're allowed into the city.

So far the Mandalorian playthrough has been much easier. You can find plenty of marksman boosting items and just stun lock enemies to death from a mile away. A little sad they didn't try to get jetpacks in the game to work with levitate or something.
*bop*
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

No idea why they wasted time doing voice acting. Most of it sounds awful.
Boontaker

Post by Boontaker »

rusty_shackleford wrote: March 5th, 2024, 07:19
No idea why they wasted time doing voice acting. Most of it sounds awful.
Time+narcissism=bad voice acting
Element

Post by Element »

Vergil wrote: March 4th, 2024, 23:19
rusty_shackleford wrote: March 4th, 2024, 18:41
@Vergil did you install all the expansions? I have them in the OP
No not yet, doing all the hunter and hutt cartel quests first at the least.
Element wrote: March 4th, 2024, 18:39
Thats what the GenoHaradan questline does as well.
I wasn't aware there was a GenoHaradan questline. Where do you start it?
You need to do something on Kashykk for czerka. Don't remember what exactly, but it's for the guy that's in the 'reception' area close to where you land. He then says something arrived for you and gives a datapad. Their base is near sandriver, with the drone guarding the door.
Element

Post by Element »

So many references in this to other stuff. They even went ahead and recreated Parnell's museum of curiosities from arcanum on Nar Shadaa
Last edited by Element on March 5th, 2024, 07:39, edited 1 time in total.
Element

Post by Element »

WhiteShark wrote: March 5th, 2024, 02:34
Element wrote: March 4th, 2024, 19:27
Buy a speeder and get return to dropship spell. Speeder can be used literally anywhere since its a glove. Big time saver.
Speeder is certainly fast, but putting it on and taking it off is annoying. I got the drop ship spell too, but it doesn't seem to teleport my followers so it's effectively useless.
I've learned to leave followers on the landing dock unless I know where I'm going and know I'll need help in lugging something heavy. Otherwise they just block the path wherever you go, and have a knack for getting between the enemy and your lightsabre
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Element wrote: March 5th, 2024, 07:42
WhiteShark wrote: March 5th, 2024, 02:34
Element wrote: March 4th, 2024, 19:27
Buy a speeder and get return to dropship spell. Speeder can be used literally anywhere since its a glove. Big time saver.
Speeder is certainly fast, but putting it on and taking it off is annoying. I got the drop ship spell too, but it doesn't seem to teleport my followers so it's effectively useless.
I've learned to leave followers on the landing dock unless I know where I'm going and know I'll need help in lugging something heavy. Otherwise they just block the path wherever you go, and have a knack for getting between the enemy and your lightsabre
Try enabling the 'NPCs avoid collisions' option?

This also internally enables the 'NPCs give way' option(enabled by default, but requires this option enabled.) So moving into non-moving NPCs should cause them to move out of the way.
Last edited by rusty_shackleford on March 5th, 2024, 07:51, edited 1 time in total.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Also, try changing the physics to 'Cylinder' in the dropdown below that. Rebuild your navigation mesh cache after, it's required. (I hope you guys already did this?)
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

rusty_shackleford wrote: March 5th, 2024, 07:45
This also internally enables the 'NPCs give way' option(enabled by default, but requires this option enabled.) So moving into non-moving NPCs should cause them to move out of the way.

Lord of Riva

Post by Lord of Riva »

WhiteShark wrote: March 5th, 2024, 03:36
>notice there's no point to sidequests if you don't need credits
>decide to beeline main quest
>check journal
>"My contact is somewhere out in the desert."
Great...
To find the Contact on Tatooine read the spoiler:
Assuming you leave Sandriver, turn right. Your goal is to the upper left near some sandpeople and behind some dunes. It's a body, your contact is dead.

EDIT: I'm sorry, won't happen again @rusty_shackleford you are right that it should be behind a spoiler.
Last edited by Lord of Riva on March 5th, 2024, 08:42, edited 2 times in total.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Gotta say this vibe is peak

EDIT: That being said the Hutt Cartel questline is really boring and bland. SO many deliver item from A to B quests and the one quest that had any amount of actual combat required me to level my security to get passed a door. You get fuck all for reward too.
Last edited by Vergil on March 5th, 2024, 09:28, edited 1 time in total.
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

Vergil wrote: March 5th, 2024, 09:17
Gotta say this vibe is peak
Was just there and it started raining (didn't even realize this mod had rain). Had my gray Jedi feeling like this

Element

Post by Element »

Dont forget to pick up the mining torch on the table in the area that is Dex's second quest in tattooine if you use heavy armour. There might be another one on kashykk but I don't trust my memory. Its the only way to get dureleum and the reward is good.
► Show Spoiler
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Adventure Quest reference is a real deep cut.
Also thanks for the tip @Element this questline is much more what I was hoping to get out of the hutt questline.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Trying the Death Troopers expansion mod. Thank God whoever made this used AI for the voices this time.
https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/52709
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

Element wrote: March 5th, 2024, 09:56
Its the only way to get dureleum and the reward is good.
I got some durelium earlier but it was heavy so I stuck it on my utility droid, and now for some reason it's gone. Does the droid's inventory disappear when he gets KO'd or something?
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

rusty_shackleford wrote: March 5th, 2024, 07:47
Also, try changing the physics to 'Cylinder' in the dropdown below that. Rebuild your navigation mesh cache after, it's required. (I hope you guys already did this?)
How do you rebuild the nav mesh cache?
Element

Post by Element »

WhiteShark wrote: March 5th, 2024, 18:12
I got some durelium earlier but it was heavy so I stuck it on my utility droid, and now for some reason it's gone. Does the droid's inventory disappear when he gets KO'd or something?
Honestly no idea. Sounds pretty terrible if true. You'll need 20 to get the armour, and its a pain to collect on kashyykk, so I'd reload if you're using heavy armour and dead set on getting dureleum specifically
Last edited by Element on March 5th, 2024, 18:23, edited 1 time in total.
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

Element wrote: March 5th, 2024, 18:22
so I'd reload if you're using heavy armour and dead set on getting dureleum specifically
Nah, I'm going unarmored so it's fine. Something to keep in mind regarding the droid inventory, though. I also got a blue crystal from a cave full of crystals and a big monster in Tatooine earlier. Does that have some specific use? It didn't seem to be relevant to any sidequest I had at the time.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

WhiteShark wrote: March 5th, 2024, 18:26
Element wrote: March 5th, 2024, 18:22
so I'd reload if you're using heavy armour and dead set on getting dureleum specifically
Nah, I'm going unarmored so it's fine. Something to keep in mind regarding the droid inventory, though. I also got a blue crystal from a cave full of crystals and a big monster in Tatooine earlier. Does that have some specific use? It didn't seem to be relevant to any sidequest I had at the time.
If it's just called "blue crystal" it's a useless item for decoration/selling. I had an orange one and was searching around for a way to put it in my lightsaber to change color before I learned it's just a clutter item.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

WhiteShark wrote: March 5th, 2024, 18:12
Element

Post by Element »

Decided to speedrun the main quest last night seeing as I won't be having as much free time to sink into it this month. Vergil's criticisms are an understatement - the main plot douses itself in gasoline, lights a match and proceeds to self-immolate, screaming about rakghouls and black vulkars as it forces you through a gauntlet of endless trash mobs and an interminable platforming sections. It's egregious amidst the faction and side quests, which are by no means stellar themselves.

I didn't get a chance to visit a couple of planets after acquiring the ship, but I expect that they're in line with what you see in Nar Shaddaa, Manaan and Kashykk, which are all quite decent. Of the faction quests, GenoHaradan was the one that stood out the most, especially the NarShadaa hit that misleads you on the target's location and then again with the guy wearing the hitman mask in the cantina. Also it's the only hit where the target can kill themselves by falling off the platform. The missing persons investigation on Dantooine would be the runner up.

Unfortunately didn't get a chance to complete too many of the faction quests to the end. Gray Jedi are locked behind attribute requirements for no good reason, but their camp is also a bitch to reach so perhaps its for the best. Hunter Federation would have been better off by giving you the full list of what you need to acquire in order to gain a promotion, rather than the back and forth it winds up as. Jedi camp was closed - I'm not sure they even have quests. The Sith questline seems to have a twist in there, according to the wiki, perhaps ill return to complete it at some point. Hutt cartel is a snoozefest. Became the fighting pit champion on tattooine and kashykk; the difficulty did not seem to scale properly so the fights on the latter were trivial.

Overall 7/10. Decent atmosphere that nails down the SW aesthetic. The VA is not good and there's a LOT of it. The music is not much better. The sidequests and the factions are alright, the main quest is a dumpster fire.
Last edited by Element on March 6th, 2024, 13:59, edited 1 time in total.
ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

WhiteShark wrote: March 5th, 2024, 18:13
rusty_shackleford wrote: March 5th, 2024, 07:47
How do you rebuild the nav mesh cache?

Does he mean just checking this option?