We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

March: Starwind

Participate in a new RPG each month with other members of the HQ
Xenich

Post by Xenich »

Vergil wrote: March 3rd, 2024, 22:30
Anyone else having their disposition with NPCs not change at all? I have a reputation of 22 and I'm well into the Sith questline and everyone is always at 40 disposition never raising or lowering.
Xenich wrote: March 3rd, 2024, 22:28
Vergil wrote: March 3rd, 2024, 22:09

Hmm this kind of gives me an idea...
If you would like your character to be featured in a very low quality awful cover for Starwind please post them in the thread or DM me.
Do you have a different cover to suggest? I did go for the classic one, the original series release poster, but it seemed out of place due to the era. In all honesty, I just grabbed the first KOTOR poster I could find, and took off all the crap, ran the text through a font generator and slapped it on with a little touch up (about 5 mins work). Besides, it was really just to put in as a filler in my collection. Those with such sophisticated tastes, or who like to complain about things they are in no way forced to use, can make them themselves.

Though, If you want to bitch about it without any useful suggestions, by all means, be my guest.
ESL or retarded? I'm literally saying that I'm making my own now.
Well, that certainly is a load off my mind.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

I see what they did here
Atlantico
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Atlantico »

rusty_shackleford wrote: March 3rd, 2024, 13:35
It's possible I didn't even install openhud correctly.
It's not really worth pursuing tbqh
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

Xenich wrote: March 3rd, 2024, 20:04
Its ok, not an artist so I am fine with it. /shrug Better than a blank slot or the artwork from the mod site imo.
If you would like your character to be featured in a very low quality awful cover for Starwind please post them in the thread or DM me.
Can you hold off until I get my lightsaber
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Nammu Archag wrote: March 3rd, 2024, 23:47

Its ok, not an artist so I am fine with it. /shrug Better than a blank slot or the artwork from the mod site imo.
No worries I'm in no rush. Have you gotten the grey jedi quest yet or are you trying to get one through other means?
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

I'm still mad I couldn't loot the lightsabers from the bodies in the intro.
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

Vergil wrote: March 3rd, 2024, 23:51

No worries I'm in no rush. Have you gotten the grey jedi quest yet or are you trying to get one through other means?
I think your will/int has to be a certain level so currently grinding to that
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

WhiteShark wrote: March 3rd, 2024, 23:59
Authentic KOTOR experience :mrgreen:
Nammu Archag wrote: March 4th, 2024, 00:00

I think you should just be able to rest in a bed without a level up and you should get a "dream" telling you what to do. Then again maybe starting as a Sith Pureblood automatically made me eligible.
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

Vergil wrote: March 4th, 2024, 00:02

I think you should just be able to rest in a bed without a level up and you should get a "dream" telling you what to do. Then again maybe starting as a Sith Pureblood automatically made me eligible.
didn't work rip. I need like 3-4 more level until either is at 60 as well :sad: I don't really get what I did wrong either as Int was one of my favored attributes
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Nammu Archag wrote: March 4th, 2024, 00:25

didn't work rip. I need like 3-4 more level until either is at 60 as well :sad: I don't really get what I did wrong either as Int was one of my favored attributes
What race are you? Maybe you're not force sensitive or something? Talk to the character "Ignatious" in Sandriver to see if maybe you actually already got the dream and didn't realize?
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

Vergil wrote: March 4th, 2024, 00:27

What race are you? Maybe you're not force sensitive or something? Talk to the character "Ignatious" in Sandriver to see if maybe you actually already got the dream and didn't realize?
Yeah I chatted with him and nothing so far. Playing as a Mandalorian and used a custom class
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Nammu Archag wrote: March 4th, 2024, 00:29

Yeah I chatted with him and nothing so far. Playing as a Mandalorian and used a custom class
Have you tried not being smelly and dumb mando scum?
I looked it up apparently I just got lucky and always have played races/characters with will/int at 60+
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

>the dark apprentice mod's Dark Jedi you're supposed to find is also a nigger
Well, I guess that's another alteration for my personal patch....
Also the dialog is really... weird...
► Show Spoiler
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

Vergil wrote: March 4th, 2024, 00:41
Nammu Archag wrote: March 4th, 2024, 00:29

Have you tried not being smelly and dumb mando scum?
I looked it up apparently I just got lucky and always have played races/characters with will/int at 60+
none of the other races were white enough sadly. (Actually sith and chiss are pretty white I just hate star wars races)
Last edited by Nammu Archag on March 4th, 2024, 01:26, edited 1 time in total.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

So it's just an impossible challenge for bethesda modders to not put bizarre creepy fetish/sex stuff in their mods huh
► Show Spoiler
ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

Vergil wrote: March 4th, 2024, 01:07
So it's just an impossible challenge for bethesda modders to not put bizarre creepy fetish/sex stuff in their mods huh
► Show Spoiler
It is a nigger though tbf
Nammu Archag wrote: March 4th, 2024, 01:00
none of the other races were white enough sadly. (Actually sith and chiss are pretty white I just hate star wars races)
I would have chosen Dantooine as my planet if I was planning on using the force.
Last edited by ArcaneLurker on March 4th, 2024, 01:42, edited 1 time in total.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

(Actually sith and chiss are pretty white I just hate star wars races)
One thing SWTOR had going for it (until the budget obviously got slashed to nothing) was all the Sith Pureblood dialog where you can insult the lesser races and talk about your superior bloodline with other Purebloods.
DagothGeas5

Post by DagothGeas5 »

Vergil wrote: March 4th, 2024, 01:59
(Actually sith and chiss are pretty white I just hate star wars races)
One thing SWTOR had going for it (until the budget obviously got slashed to nothing) was all the Sith Pureblood dialog where you can insult the lesser races and talk about your superior bloodline with other Purebloods.
There is also a quest, at the base start of the Sith academy, where you are handed a device to read how much Sith pureblood the teachers are. For those wondering, none had anything but specles of purity in their veins.
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

Nautolans are honorary Mandalorians.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Is this a fucking Vampire Chronicles reference in the Morrowind Star Wars mod?
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

WhiteShark wrote: March 4th, 2024, 02:04
Nautolans are honorary Mandalorians.
Mandalorians are honestly kinda retarded, I would have chosen Coruscanti if all the faces didn't look latinx
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Finished up the Grey Jedi questline. It's a lot better than the main quest (and I like that it made me have to pick either the Republic or Sith questline on Manaan to complete) but does have it's problems especially with a lack of direction, although that could be said for pretty much all of them so far. Having to trek across Kashyyyk to get back to the camp is pretty annoying though especially since followers will frequently get left behind/stuck somewhere if you speed head of them with the speeder. Once again though I'm really confused with whoever made the decisions for what armor pieces should be considered what. The reward set you get at the end of the questline is a mixture of cloth and HEAVY armor... for a Jedi focused questline...
The weapon you get is nice at least.
► Show Spoiler
Element

Post by Element »

Does anyone know where the target for the assassins guild in sandriver is?
nvm it's the retard outside the dueling ring
Last edited by Element on March 4th, 2024, 09:24, edited 1 time in total.
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

Vergil wrote: March 4th, 2024, 04:22
Finished up the Grey Jedi questline. It's a lot better than the main quest (and I like that it made me have to pick either the Republic or Sith questline on Manaan to complete) but does have it's problems especially with a lack of direction, although that could be said for pretty much all of them so far. Having to trek across Kashyyyk to get back to the camp is pretty annoying though especially since followers will frequently get left behind/stuck somewhere if you speed head of them with the speeder. Once again though I'm really confused with whoever made the decisions for what armor pieces should be considered what. The reward set you get at the end of the questline is a mixture of cloth and HEAVY armor... for a Jedi focused questline...
► Show Spoiler
This mod would be amazing with a massive rewrite and half the VA taken out
Element

Post by Element »

Nammu Archag wrote: March 4th, 2024, 09:26
Vergil wrote: March 4th, 2024, 04:22
► Show Spoiler
This mod would be amazing with a massive rewrite and half the VA taken out
And overhauling the maps for a couple of planets.
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

My character so far:

I'm playing as a Dark Jedi Mercenary who's (currently) an enforcer for the Hutt Cartel

Last edited by Nammu Archag on March 4th, 2024, 09:55, edited 3 times in total.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Well I've finished up the main quest. It's definitely very rocky from the beginning. I think this is gonna be the end of this character as I've been kind of itching to make a new character and go full Jango Fett bounty hunter larp with a movie mandalorian armor mod that I saw. Figured I would give a few thoughts since I'm likely gonna try an alternate start mod or something and not even touch the MQ.

Things I like:
- I can appreciate that they at least tried for something a little unique outside of a typical be a nice Jedi knight who fights for the Republic and kills nasty Sith
- There were some memorable side quests and characters along the way that made it feel like it was it's own thing and not just a simple Morrowind mod
- While infrequent it did allow you to play as either a good guy or just a mercenary doing a job instead of a White knight boy scout hero the whole time
- It gave you plenty of outs to put the MQ on the back burner for a while and even encourages you to seek out other factions to do quests for instead of rushing you down a linear series of quests like a modern beth title

Things I didn't like
- While it is somewhat noble to go for something a little out of the box this is still a Star Wars mod and naturally a lot of people are going to want to be a Jedi/Sith. The mod offers no Jedi/Sith Lord path and the MQ has you barely interact with the Sith Empire for maybe one quest and that's it. You end up claiming Taris from the Sith remnant and it just... doesn't matter to the Republic or Sith Empire at all? They don't come up at all and it's very strange
- The voice acting is really fucking atrocious and it gets double negative score for putting so much of it in a game that originally didn't have it and one of the big advantages to Morrowind modding is you aren't expected to voice things. The mod has a tiny number of KOTOR characters and you would think oh what a blessing Morrowind isn't known for voice acting so we don't have to try and voice this iconic character with some discord troon with a laptop mic. WRONG! Merchants with voices are extremely annoying to hear their one (1) opening line ad nauseam every time you talk to them too.
- Minor spoilers for the last big mission: making me do platforming in Morrowind should allow me to fucking kill you
- Major spoilers for the last big mission and finale: the twist comes completely out of nowhere and is nonsensical. Some how this character who has never shown any prior motivation outside of rebuilding Taris now has some genocidal plan to use rakghouls as super weapons and owns a massive evil space station? The forced Rakghoul section was also pretty annoying even outside of the fucking horrible platforming. The fact that you just click a syringe and undo the whole thing makes me wonder what the point was. Then you have the option to kill the Councilor bitch you've been working with and doing so puts you in charge. Your only reward for this is getting some mildly useful gear from her and being able to recruit another useless characterless bland follower. Not even any sort of disposition change with "your" citizens.