We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

[Tyranny] Lore-appropriate Barik portrait

Do you want to add big tiddies to a game but don't know how? Ask someone else to do it for you!
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

[Tyranny] Lore-appropriate Barik portrait

Post by rusty_shackleford »

rusty_shackleford wrote: February 26th, 2024, 21:00
Barik being brown was added in post-release DLC.
rusty_shackleford wrote: February 26th, 2024, 21:07
Lord of Riva wrote: February 26th, 2024, 21:04
rusty_shackleford wrote: February 26th, 2024, 21:00
Barik being brown was added in post-release DLC.
We are aware, but why would we distinguish him being brown in the DLC compared to the base game where we don't know when it comes to put it on the woke list?
Because there was nothing to suggest he was brown in the base-game, the disfavored were obviously meant to be of a single ethnicity.
Also, this is his ingame character model after removing his armor and cleaning up:
Oyster Sauce wrote: February 26th, 2024, 21:54
Lord of Riva wrote: February 26th, 2024, 21:14
rusty_shackleford wrote: February 26th, 2024, 21:07

Because there was nothing to suggest he was brown in the base-game, the disfavored were obviously meant to be of a single ethnicity.
Also, this is his ingame character model after removing his armor and cleaning up:
Wow, that is shit, this points to a high woke rating, again. The character formerly white was specifically "brownwashed" to appeal to wokesters, right?
EDIT: Unless we want to argue that the base game and the DLC are separate entities that is.
He's only seen out of his armor in the DLC. He has a white model and an Indian portrait.

By the way, they Tali'd him

Mondain wrote: February 26th, 2024, 18:38
Then in the dlc they gave barik a portrait of some minor Indian celebrity they traced over lmao
Doesn't even make sense in the least.
Roguey wrote: February 26th, 2024, 19:33
Consul wrote: February 26th, 2024, 18:21
Roguey wrote: February 26th, 2024, 11:31
The most sympathetic faction that the majority of people join is a group of white nationalists.
Could you explain it in some greater detail? Did you mean to say that in the game there is a faction, which could serve as an allegory for white nationalists? I don't think you meant it in the literal sense. Either way, both would be pretty shocking to see in an Obsidian game.
The Disfavored are one big happy ethnonationalist family.
The Disfavored are an elite unit that recruits only Northerners. The underlying idea is to ensure that every member of the legion is tied to each other not just through their oaths of fealty, but also blood. Families that stood beside Ashe as he faced Kyros and bent knee together with him are highly respected, although their members are expected to hold their own.

Graven Ashe and his legion consider themselves to be the defenders of civilization fighting against barbaric hordes, believing that the end justifies the means. As a result, the Disfavored are ruthless in their conduct towards the enemy and conquered populations, giving no quarter. Prisoners of war are conscripted as working slaves or put to the sword, villages are put under martial law with capital punishment being common, and any defiance is punished by collective reprisals and destruction of property - up to and including destroying entire towns.
"I must not racemix. I must not racemix," - Barik
@Roguey if you could provide some portraits of disfavored without helmets on I'd appreciate it.
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

I always thought that Barik looked like that because of the rust that the metal might have rubbed on him, because of being stuck in his armour for so long.

It would've been one of those things where eventually, in time, he would've gotten off of him. The situation is unique, right? You don't know what would happen to a white man's skin if he were to be stuck in that kind of situation.

I also thought that he would be a bit darker because he would be corrupted by Kyros' tyranny.

In any case that DLC is one of the dumbest things ever, and Barik should've always remained stuck inside his armour. And I can expand on that if needed.
Roguey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Roguey »

Tyranny saved money by using character models instead of painted portraits for anyone who wasn't a player character or a companion, but there's a gallery of Disfavored NPCs here https://tyranny.wiki.fextralife.com/Disfavored
Element

Post by Element »

The_Mask wrote: February 29th, 2024, 18:10
I always thought that Barik looked like that because of the rust that the metal might have rubbed on him, because of being stuck in his armour for so long.
No, that would entail blackface. He looks 100% jeet in the portrait.
Element

Post by Element »

I fed the image of the starting character creator model with low strength into leonardo. Model refuses to draw a shaved face for whatever reason, even with the negative prompts. But I think it's possible to imagine him looking like this.
► Show Spoiler
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

Roguey wrote: February 29th, 2024, 18:32
Tyranny saved money by using character models instead of painted portraits for anyone who wasn't a player character or a companion, but there's a gallery of Disfavored NPCs here https://tyranny.wiki.fextralife.com/Disfavored
Somebody please stop FextraLife
If you've sided with the Disfavored, or have decided to this walkthrough is for you. Remember you can break allience in all major regions, break allience wont make you an public enemy of Tunon and Kyros.
Anyway, he should be a pale Master Chief weirdo from not seeing any sun for however many years.
BobT

Post by BobT »

Element wrote: February 29th, 2024, 18:44
The_Mask wrote: February 29th, 2024, 18:10
No, that would entail blackface. He looks 100% jeet in the portrait.
That's Middle Eastern, rather than jeet. But yeah I don't think "rust" would change someone's racial traits lol..
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Do you know if there's a disfavored portrait background anywhere?
Oyster Sauce wrote: February 29th, 2024, 16:55
Please oh please use another Heroes character

I created some portraits based on this, any feedback?
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

rusty_shackleford wrote: March 1st, 2024, 08:41

Keep in mine you'll need a filth covered long hair/dreads and scraggly beard version. He's also meant to have to have some scarring (Pajeet has some superficial scars on his face + the character model has scars all over)
Last edited by Oyster Sauce on March 1st, 2024, 09:03, edited 1 time in total.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Oyster Sauce wrote: March 1st, 2024, 08:48

Keep in mine you'll need a filth covered long hair/dreads and.scraggly beard version. He's also meant to have to have some scarring (Pajeet has some superficial scars on his face + the character model has scars all over)
So, something like this?
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

rusty_shackleford wrote: March 1st, 2024, 09:03
Oyster Sauce wrote: March 1st, 2024, 08:48

Keep in mine you'll need a filth covered long hair/dreads and.scraggly beard version. He's also meant to have to have some scarring (Pajeet has some superficial scars on his face + the character model has scars all over)
So, something like this?
Pretty much

Actually, it looks like he has some fresh cuts from removing the armor that turn into scars when he cleans up?

Just watched the scene where it gets removed and yeah it slices him good.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Keeping the original dirty portrait and having him turn into a white guy after cleaning up would be kinda hilarious tbh.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Further proof I just noticed for the portrait being raceswap bullshit:
Barik clearly has blue eyes in his original portrait

I was wrong.
Last edited by rusty_shackleford on March 1st, 2024, 09:51, edited 1 time in total.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

rusty_shackleford wrote: March 1st, 2024, 09:15
He has brown/blue heterochromia like his sister. Indian Barik has it too.

Last edited by Oyster Sauce on March 1st, 2024, 09:19, edited 2 times in total.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Oyster Sauce wrote: March 1st, 2024, 09:17
rusty_shackleford wrote: March 1st, 2024, 09:15

He has brown/blue heterochromia like his sister. Indian Barik has it too.

They altered his eye color in his portrait at some point.
See:
https://tyranny.paradoxwikis.com/File:C ... _Barik.png from 2016
https://tyranny.fandom.com/wiki/Barik

I was wrong.
Last edited by rusty_shackleford on March 1st, 2024, 09:51, edited 1 time in total.
Element

Post by Element »

Another attempt, this time with the image of the character model upscaled first and with a different painting model chosen. Armour was inpainted later so its terrible.
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by Element on March 1st, 2024, 20:43, edited 1 time in total.