We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Mod seethe thread (formerly Nexus seethe thread)

Something not gaming related? Discuss it here!
Rand

Post by Rand »

Here's a twist though, people who pedal for "open modding" (or rather, who want to "build a cathedral" by smashing together stained glass pieces from all over the scene) not gonna like it.
Because they want to own that cathedral, and show it to you in their little comfy parlor, while selling you a ticket to see it.
So-called "open" "modding"
rusty_shackleford wrote: March 11th, 2024, 14:27
I… have absolutely no idea what he's referring to here.
Neither does he. A clear example of someone not able to think rationally and objectively, setting aside his own focus to consider alternative viewpoints and interpretations.
Last edited by Rand on March 11th, 2024, 14:37, edited 1 time in total.
Shillitron
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Shillitron »

What he's describing is not the cathedral. Not at all. It seems likely someone popularized the word with modders for some reason, but they misunderstood it.

Not sure if I read your post right but the brief history is:
Cathedral was aped from the open source community by Wrye (creator of Wrye Bash) to apply to Modding scene.
They denote two categories of mods, Cathedral vs Parlor
► Show Spoiler
Here's a twist though, people who pedal for "open modding" (or rather, who want to "build a cathedral" by smashing together stained glass pieces from all over the scene) not gonna like it.
Because they want to own that cathedral, and show it to you in their little comfy parlor, while selling you a ticket to see it.
So-called "open" "modding"
I… have absolutely no idea what he's referring to here.
The guy your quoting in discord got a little buried in the metaphor with his stain glass analogy - but I think what he means is that people are hijacking pieces of open source mods, cobbling them together into a franken-mod then demanding credit / accolades / money for it AKA Parlor.
Last edited by Shillitron on March 11th, 2024, 14:39, edited 2 times in total.
Rand

Post by Rand »

Shillitron wrote: March 11th, 2024, 14:38
The guy you're quoting in discord got a little buried in the metaphor with his stain glass analogy - but I think what he means is that people are hijacking pieces of open source mods, cobbling them together into a franken-mod then demanding credit / accolades / money for it AKA Parlor.
Could be. Perhaps I was wrong, but he wrote it so poorly that I can't tell which side he's actually complaining about or espousing.
Last edited by Rand on March 11th, 2024, 14:47, edited 2 times in total.
Shillitron
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Shillitron »

Rand wrote: March 11th, 2024, 14:42
Could be. Perhaps I was wrong, but he wrote it so poorly that I can't tell what which side he's actually complaining about or espousing.
Taken out of context it could go either way.

Is he pointing out the hypocrisy of people bitching about their mods being "stolen" when they themselves profited from a open ecosystem?

Or is he saying: 'people stealing mods on the Nazi forum are profiteering off my hard work!!'.

The former is my argument.
The latter is delusional self-cope.
Last edited by Shillitron on March 11th, 2024, 14:45, edited 3 times in total.
Xenich

Post by Xenich »

Rand wrote: March 11th, 2024, 14:33
I've made many personal mods in many games, and I've assisted with a few mods, most of which are hosted on Nexus, yet literally zero of them are my mods attached to my account.
Why?
Because I like the puzzle aspect and fixing things to make them objectively better. I don't give a shit about credit. I know what I figured out and made.

Imagine if the whole world went down this path like the movie industry, which has bizarre rules about crediting every irrelevant asswipe that wandered past the production.
This thinking infected gaming early and it needs to stop because it's stupid and poison when the selfish, stupid narcissists get going.

I don't need to know which person gave out candy bars at a table while the movie was made. And I don't need to know who worked in the HR department of the publisher of some game.

Think about homes, cars, home appliances, etc, if they did this kind of shit. I only need to know who did something if they did a bad job that they're legally liable to me for.
And if it's a corporate product, that's WHY corporations exist: to have collective liability instead of individual by item or event, ffs.

Yeah, it is a bit narcistic. I myself never cared about credit in any work I have done in the past, I was more excited about seeing my ideas come to life.
Rand

Post by Rand »

Rand wrote: March 11th, 2024, 14:13
Xenich wrote: March 11th, 2024, 13:40
I am just trying to see both sides of the position to understand why someone is for or against the idea.
You don't have to take a single step beyond narcissism to accurately explain 99.9% of the motivations of the objectors.
I spoke in haste.
After rethinking, I stand by the above, but must admit that the desire for personal financial profit is also large, and the truth probably looks more like this Venn diagram.

The MALICE area is for those who want to control who can even SEE, much less utilize their mods, but not for purposes of extracting money. Because their special mod can't be enjoyed by "bad" people.
Last edited by Rand on March 11th, 2024, 14:59, edited 2 times in total.
Goblin_Hammer

Post by Goblin_Hammer »

I find it funny that these fags are overcomplicating their mods with cathedral and other bullshit terms that means nothing, they're open-source software no matter how much they cry and shit themselves about it. These fags are not going to sue you because you "violated" using some aspects of their mod it'll be thrown out of court if they try, ignore them and laugh at them as you create your own mods using their mods and go promote it on their thread and watch the seething commence. If these retards had any common sense they'll try to create a license for modders or using an existing open source license, but it's going to be thrown out of court even if they tried to sue because they don't own any copyrighted material of the game they're modding in the first place.
Rand

Post by Rand »

Goblin_Hammer wrote: March 11th, 2024, 15:01
I find it funny that these fags are overcomplicating their mods with cathedral and other bullshit terms that means nothing, they're open-source software no matter how much they cry and shit themselves about it. These fags are not going to sue you because you "violated" using some aspects of their mod it'll be thrown out of court if they try, ignore them and laugh at them as you create your own mods using their mods and go promote it on their thread and watch the seething commence. If these retards had any common sense they'll try to create a license for modders or using an existing open source license, but it's going to be thrown out of court even if they tried to sue because they don't own any copyrighted material of the game they're modding in the first place.
Valid point.
Licenses are for application by the courts and have no other real use.
If the courts won't uphold it, it has no real utility if ignored.

The problem is when others take over the enforcement that the court role would normally be.
Like the moronic dolts at Nexus have on their site.
Last edited by Rand on March 11th, 2024, 15:04, edited 1 time in total.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Shillitron wrote: March 11th, 2024, 14:44
Rand wrote: March 11th, 2024, 14:42
Could be. Perhaps I was wrong, but he wrote it so poorly that I can't tell what which side he's actually complaining about or espousing.
Taken out of context it could go either way.

Is he pointing out the hypocrisy of people bitching about their mods being "stolen" when they themselves profited from a open ecosystem?

Or is he saying: 'people stealing mods on the Nazi forum are profiteering off my hard work!!'.

The former is my argument.
The latter is delusional self-cope.
If you read what he's posting, I don't even think he knows.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Goblin_Hammer wrote: March 11th, 2024, 15:01
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
loregamer

Post by loregamer »

Faceless_Sentinel wrote: March 11th, 2024, 08:01
You should post this on BG3 media section, I want to see another meltdown.
I think none of them will even click on it unless I make it Astarion reading it. :lol:

Don't worry, there's more meltdowns to come, I'll make sure of it.
BobT

Post by BobT »

loregamer wrote: March 11th, 2024, 17:56
Faceless_Sentinel wrote: March 11th, 2024, 08:01
You should post this on BG3 media section, I want to see another meltdown.
I think none of them will even click on it unless I make it Astarion reading it. :lol:

Don't worry, there's more meltdowns to come, I'll make sure of it.
Make Bald Astarion read it. With his grumpy face, too.
GotPlatinum

Post by GotPlatinum »

Petition to rename the thread to "Mod Seethe Thread" or otherwise make a new one for it.

With that out of the way, let's check in to see how people are reacting to my Gendered Kris and Gendered Clover mod, with one similar mod thrown in there.
► Wall of images
Last edited by GotPlatinum on March 30th, 2024, 05:46, edited 1 time in total.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Spending days making 8k mosnter cock rape mods for Skyrim is healthy and normal but if you make a mod to change some simple text you're a crazy terminally online disgusting psycho who did a herculean task.
jebacdrkac

Post by jebacdrkac »

GotPlatinum wrote: March 30th, 2024, 05:45
Petition to rename the thread to "Mod Seethe Thread" or otherwise make a new one for it.

With that out of the way, let's check in to see how people are reacting to my Gendered Kris and Gendered Clover mod, with one similar mod thrown in there.
► Wall of images
average lgbtq tard "we only mind our business and only want to be accepted :oops: " proceeds to have existential crisis cause someone made an optional mod for a single player game
Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Tweed »

Vergil wrote: March 30th, 2024, 05:53
Spending days making 8k mosnter cock rape mods for Skyrim is healthy and normal but if you make a mod to change some simple text you're a crazy terminally online disgusting psycho who did a herculean task.
And for that, they must DIE.
Metalhead33

Post by Metalhead33 »

Tweed wrote: March 30th, 2024, 08:15
And for that, they must DIE.
And somehow, they are supposed to be the "sane" and "normal" ones while we are the "eeeeevil bigots" :toot:
Nooneatall

Post by Nooneatall »

► Wall of images
This warms my alt right/far right neon nazi heart
Red7

Post by Red7 »

and still i have to make by jewself my 8k skinned/naked muscle texture cause all modders these days are fags wanted to be raped by monster cocks instead. and even the most faggy/most submissive ones lack estrogen to fantasize about being skinned by their owners.
logincrash

Post by logincrash »

► Wall of images
I hate these "people" with the power of a thousand suns. Going from "OMG, the devs added pronouns! This is everything, this is life saving!" to "Who cares about pronouns? Why would you bother modding the game to get them out?" with such boldness makes my fucking blood boil. It doesn't matter once you're got your way, huh? At least normalfags are waking up to this shit.
GotPlatinum

Post by GotPlatinum »

Got more comments than usual on my Gendered Kris page on Gamebanana and I just found out that it's because Twitter found my mod again.

Image Image
► Wall of Twitter screenshots
On Gamebanana:
Last edited by GotPlatinum on April 19th, 2024, 07:12, edited 1 time in total.
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

What does 'coal' mean here?
Last edited by WhiteShark on April 19th, 2024, 00:13, edited 1 time in total.
Segata
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Segata »

WhiteShark wrote: April 19th, 2024, 00:12
What does 'coal' mean here?
Per urbandictionary.com wrote:
coal

Coal is known to be the opposite of gem on places like the far-right extremist forum Soyjak.party. Unlike gems, which are high quality and uncommon; and the average post, which is wholly average and neither coal nor gem; your average coalpost is a special combination of low quality and low effort. Coal does not serve any use for the community other than to occupy space that could have been a gem, making watchersby hopelessly lament what could have been. Coal is doubly detrimental because it floods gems off the board to be forever lost to continuous coal spam.
chud1: Have you seen my thread on the /kway/? (RIP)

chud2: Yes, it's coal.
GotPlatinum

Post by GotPlatinum »

And he goes protected a couple hours after I posted about it here. Probably just a coincidence since I'm not seeing any quote retweets or anything like that, but it's funny to imagine it that way.
Last edited by GotPlatinum on April 19th, 2024, 07:16, edited 2 times in total.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

loregamer wrote: March 11th, 2024, 02:46
Vergil wrote: March 11th, 2024, 02:37
The version of standalone cars that you can find is broken with the latest version of JIP though.
Typical mod author god complex 99% of his comments are typical hugbox asspatting but because he's a worthless little nothing fag in reality he had to try and feel like he had some power over people.
Maybe once I'm done with my Baldur's Gate 3 bullshit, I'll make it myself. :lol: Don't have the energy to deal with the potential fallout of that right now though (no pun intended).
Zomeone haz finally made a working verzion
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=2142-fixed-standal ... -new-vegas
machnizedTerror

Post by machnizedTerror »

That version has camera problems with the latest version of JIP LN, and can't move properly.
I sorta fixed it already.

Edit: Nevermind, seems it might work for the new JIP LN. Upon reading the mod description.
As of Version 6.00, you can use JIP 57.15+, provided you don't intend to access any non-car-related content from said "world-expansion mod".
Gonna go test this out thanks.
Last edited by machnizedTerror on April 29th, 2024, 11:49, edited 1 time in total.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

machnizedTerror wrote: Today, 11:37
That version has camera problems with the latest version of JIP LN, and can't move properly.
I sorta fixed it already.

Edit: Nevermind, seems it might work for the new JIP LN. Upon reading the mod description.
As of Version 6.00, you can use JIP 57.15+, provided you don't intend to access any non-car-related content from said "world-expansion mod".
Gonna go test this out thanks.
One of the literal first things I say in the post is that it works with the latest JIP.
machnizedTerror

Post by machnizedTerror »

Vergil wrote: Today, 14:49
One of the literal first things I say in the post is that it works with the latest JIP.
I just skimmed through your post and immediately remembered how annoyed I was at this mod for not working, had to spend a few days trying to get it to work.
Then I looked at the video in your main thread and realized it was the same mod I downloaded months ago.
So I wanted to bitch about it in a reply here, but after reading the mod author's post I realized I was wrong.