We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Is hfa/aspergers under-diagnosed among normies?

I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

Autism isn't a spectrum, its a very specific mental disorder like Manual Kunt and Fred Neetch had, that was rolled up into a big spectrum to include side effects from living in a modern first world country.
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

This stuff is all pseudo-science. It's either psychs grifting for their vile profession or a reflection of liberal values, where there's nothing wrong with being disabled or queer or defective. There are no evil or retarded people, only incurable disorders, it's just something you are born with like being a shitskin and thus should be praised (unless you are normal aka white and healthy, if so then fuck you).
Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Tweed »

maidenhaver wrote: February 24th, 2024, 05:52

Illuminati numbers.
You are like a little baby, watch this...

maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

I would have scored 48, if I didn't use the sometimes answers.
Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Tweed »

maidenhaver wrote: February 24th, 2024, 08:21
You have to be willing to go all the way or you'll never learn the arcane arts.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

Tweed wrote: February 24th, 2024, 08:22
maidenhaver wrote: February 24th, 2024, 08:21
You have to be willing to go all the way or you'll never learn the arcane arts.
I don't need to use even 10% of power to beat you.
Thor Kaufman
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Thor Kaufman »

Ok buddy boyos.

Here's the ultimate take.

If you don't agree Varg will come to your home and karate chop you.
rumo1086
He wasn't stabbing Euronymous, he was just stimming. Makes a little more sense now.
Last edited by Thor Kaufman on February 24th, 2024, 12:45, edited 1 time in total.
BobT

Post by BobT »

Lord of Riva wrote: February 23rd, 2024, 15:44
A simple "morning" should have been sufficient.

I really have trouble understanding how that can be a problem, I'm relatively extroverted and just react to different people in different ways, including the odd nod to another male who prefers a non-verbal greeting.

If you have an office job, he was a coder, you can be expected to say morning to the other staff.
If you can't maybe you should become a lumberjack instead.
Behead all extroverts. Why the fuck can't you just leave me alone when I arrive in the morning to somewhere I don't want to be, rather than forcing me into your meaningless social interractions? Thank fuck that I can now work from home, turn my camera off (and yours) and ignore you when you start every meeting with "hiiii how are yoooo".

As to the tests.. Image

The second one seems a bit shit tbh, it doesn't differentiate by context at all and simply brands what COULD be legit concerns or sensible thinking at the time as "depression / anxiety" etc.
Last edited by BobT on April 8th, 2024, 03:46, edited 4 times in total.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

Thor Kaufman wrote: February 24th, 2024, 12:44
Ok buddy boyos.

Here's the ultimate take.

If you don't agree Varg will come to your home and karate chop you.
rumo1086
He wasn't stabbing Euronymous, he was just stimming. Makes a little more sense now.
He isn't wrong.
Lord of Riva

Post by Lord of Riva »

This is way worse than I anticipated, christ. You guys are getting scammed by believing this nonsense.
shit autism test wrote:
[*]I find myself drawn more strongly to people than to things.
[*]I would rather go to the theater than to a museum.
[*]When I talk, it isn’t always easy for others to get a word in edgewise
[*]I usually concentrate more on the whole picture, rather than on the small details
[*]I like to carefully plan any activities I participate in.
[*]I am not very good at remembering people’s date of birth.
Literally: Are you a male
shit autism test wrote:
[*]I would rather go to a library than to a party.
[*]I am fascinated by numbers.
[*]I notice patterns in things all the time
If you aren't retarded you must be an autist (as a male)

Last edited by Lord of Riva on February 25th, 2024, 10:32, edited 2 times in total.
Val the Moofia Boss
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Val the Moofia Boss »

Nooneatall wrote: February 23rd, 2024, 13:40
Vergil wrote: February 23rd, 2024, 12:53
Modern over diagnosing of autism is a jewish psyop to get Hitler's future Aryan Sun Soldiers doped up on retard pills and watching Minecraft videos on Ipads all day.
I think people forgot that tv and video games have existed for a long time. Non social kids are fine and normal they just want to be left alone to play minecraft. They should not be diagnosed with bullshit or given pills that make them crazy or transition.

I don't argue that kids these days are exposed to much more addictive and weird shit than ever before, I've seen these kids youtube channels with pregnant elsa and even worse they are on social media. It's likely that social kids are being programed to be shut ins to, that might explain the rise of "nerd culture" and women being in all my video games now
"Nerd culture" is the result of two different thins happening:

1. Atomization of society. We no longer have a shared culture. Go back 50 years and everyone listened to the Beetles. Nowadays Taylor Swift is supposedly the most popular singer but nobody I know has ever listened to her or name a song of hers. Everyone is now in isolated in their microniche. People talking about some microniche hobby you don't care about isn't autism. My coworker likes to show me car crash videos on his phone. Is that nerdy or autistic? No. There just is little for people to bond over these days and attempts will fall short.

2. Spiritual impoverishment. A lot of people nowadays grow up with absentee parents. Either their parents or divorced, or even if they're not the kids still have weak famil bonds as they spend most of their day going to school than being with their family, and when the kids do get home the parents don't wabt to be with their kids, instead going to their TV or computer. Parents don't take their children to Church or Boy Scouts. Etc. So kids grow up empty and they're going to try to fill that emptiness with stuff. Filling that hole with traditionally "nerd" stuff like videogames/comics/shows/etc is common because they are very affordable hobbies and have the lowest barrier of entry compared to say motorbiking.
Segata Sanshiro
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Segata Sanshiro »

Lord of Riva wrote: February 25th, 2024, 09:58
This is way worse than I anticipated, christ. You guys are getting scammed by believing this nonsense.
shit autism test wrote:
[*]I find myself drawn more strongly to people than to things.
[*]I would rather go to the theater than to a museum.
[*]When I talk, it isn’t always easy for others to get a word in edgewise
[*]I usually concentrate more on the whole picture, rather than on the small details
[*]I like to carefully plan any activities I participate in.
[*]I am not very good at remembering people’s date of birth.
Literally: Are you a male
shit autism test wrote:
[*]I would rather go to a library than to a party.
[*]I am fascinated by numbers.
[*]I would rather go to the theater than to a museum
[*]I notice patterns in things all the time
If you aren't retarded you must be an autist (as a male)

So my score of 50 out of 50 means I'm the manliest guy here?
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Lord of Riva wrote: February 25th, 2024, 09:58
Nothing gets passed you huh guy
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

No, it just means you tried too hard to answer correctly instead of truthfully.
Lord of Riva

Post by Lord of Riva »

Segata Sanshiro wrote: February 25th, 2024, 10:20
No, it means that you are nigh guaranteed a relatively high score alone by being male.

Add some real issues into that, like social awkwardness or being sensible to sounds or thinking getting regularly drunk with randos is not fun and go from a man who may have higher intellect or has some bodily abnormalities that may not be disabilities at all (like better hearing) and standards to being someone pathologic.
Last edited by Lord of Riva on February 25th, 2024, 10:34, edited 1 time in total.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

Lord of Riva wrote: February 25th, 2024, 10:27
Segata Sanshiro wrote: February 25th, 2024, 10:20
No it means that you are nigh guaranteed a relatively high score alone by being male.

Add some real issues into that, like social awkwardness or being sensible to sounds or thinking getting regularly drunk with randos is not fun and go from a man who may have higher intellect or has some bodily abnormalities that may not be disabilities at all (like better hearing) and standards to being someone pathologic.
Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Tweed »

Step one is admitting you have a problem.
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

Last edited by orinEsque on March 16th, 2024, 18:28, edited 2 times in total.
Slavic Sorcerer

Post by Slavic Sorcerer »

Some questions lack the answer like "neither"
Like, neither party or library sound exciting to me

I also trained myself to keep an eye contact when talking, but cant say I'm comfortable with it
Numbers might not excite me but if a color combination is not to my liking cause hues are slightly off I'm bothered by it
Slavic Sorcerer

Post by Slavic Sorcerer »

loregamer wrote: March 16th, 2024, 18:46
My test results came out weird.
What test did you take?
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

loregamer wrote: March 16th, 2024, 18:46
My test results came out weird.
Hey that kinda looks like mine!
Xenich

Post by Xenich »

Scam.

This pseudo-science loves to generalize its results to encompass as many as possible so they can put you on medications.

Not saying the condition doesn't exist at the extremes, but this idea that all of these generic habits, or behaviors somehow mean you are such? Garbage in, Garbage out.
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

The above user scored 50/50 and didn't want to post it.
Xenich

Post by Xenich »

WhiteShark wrote: March 16th, 2024, 21:01
The above user scored 50/50 and didn't want to post it.
Actually I scored extremely low. What does that mean anyway? And that is the problem. The issue is that most of those topics used don't have any relevancy to isolate and they can mean many things due to many reasons. Psychology is pseudo science, always has been.

Again, like I said... I am not saying the condition does not exist, but this level of evaluation is akin to a charlatan telling your future by using given information to drive a conclusion.

Seen this kind of crap be used to diagnose depression as a mental disorder, or ADHD etc.. while never considering why that might be. It is simply slap a label on it, oh and here take this medicine pharma is currently testing. It is also a field where I saw a large amount of the incompetent go into because they couldn't handle actual scientific process.