We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Book of Travels

For RPGs that require a persistently online connection.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Book of Travels

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Didn't give this a second look until I saw this video

Kind of interested now. Any of you played it?

It's an always online RPG
Last edited by rusty_shackleford on February 22nd, 2024, 23:24, edited 1 time in total.
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

Also looks interesting based on the description

From Steam Page:
Authentic roleplaying and individual playstyles
Pick one of 20+ Forms in a detailed character creation sheet that focuses on personality and identity rather than stats and classes. The game allows you to play in a style that matches your character and to set your own personal goals. Are you a danger-seeking adventurer, a stoic practitioner of magic binding, or a carefree tea drinking gambler?

Boundless narrative that won’t hold your hand
Your travels will present you with countless randomly occurring events making your story unique and each session different from the last. Peel back the layers of diverse plotlines and discover an immensely deep fairytale world.

TMO – Tiny Multiplayer Online
Other players are few, but your paths will cross – it’s up to you to choose to travel together or go it alone. Find vehicles to reach far flung places or just amble through woods together. The absence of guilds and social structures makes your temporary fellowships unique and memorable.

A beautiful world of uncertainty
An intricate and unique world that draws inspiration from old-world fairytales, Eastern mythologies and early industrial eras. Tons of intricate events chains that unlock items, characters, deep world secrets, and hidden gameplay features and tricks.

Communicate using symbols
Learn to use a unique set of symbols to communicate with other players. Unlock new symbols as you encounter new features and places (e.g. you’ll gain the symbol for “city” only after you’ve visited a city). The limitation in communication lays the foundation for a rich and friendly multiplayer experience.

Innovative RPG systems
Define your character by unlocking and mastering 300+ abilities, magical skills and passive feats that will have a huge impact on your character and open up different experiences of the game. Gain experience in numerous ways: by exploring, being courteous, gathering and trading. Battles can be rewarding, but you will learn more in defeat than in victory.

The world is a hand painted diorama
Experience a unique game view perspective ‘painted’ in a richly detailed artstyle. Click to walk like old school RPGs but in scenes with 3-dimensional depth.

Committing to the world – together
Might and Delight studio is fully committed to making this online world grow and live for a long long time – together with you. Much like a dungeon master we will hint about new mysterious scenarios, but it will be up to you, the players, to let us know what we should explore next. Additionally, we’ll add new levels, constantly making the vast world even bigger, adding new playable characters and of course thousands of storylines and events. Stories will change and evolve and eras of new narratives will follow.

One of my biggest questions is how exactly does the multiplayer work? Can you play with friends? The communication system seems kinda weird as well. Not sure how much of a completed product this is either given the EA status
asf
Turtle
Turtle

Post by asf »

always online, is this a mmo or something
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

asf wrote: February 22nd, 2024, 23:38
always online, is this a mmo or something
Describes itself as a multiplayer online RPG, not an MMO.
Dead
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Dead »

It looks like vegan diarrhea but not as bad as expected.
Last edited by Dead on February 22nd, 2024, 23:47, edited 1 time in total.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

What does "learn more in defeat than in victory" mean? Sounds like a game for Justin Trudeau.
asf
Turtle
Turtle

Post by asf »

Since it sounds like nonsense I did some digging to find what always online meant. It seems to be a game where each server has just a few player at the same time. It includes some fascinating things like 'emotional impact of meeting another player for the first time'. Can't imagine the type of faggot that play these kind of games.

You can read it all here:

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app ... 3856228529

I like the art style though
ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

"Eyes of flowing serenity and persevering" :eyebrows:
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

asf wrote: February 23rd, 2024, 00:30
Since it sounds like nonsense I did some digging to find what always online meant. It seems to be a game where each server has just a few player at the same time. It includes some fascinating things like 'emotional impact of meeting another player for the first time'. Can't imagine the type of faggot that play these kind of games.

You can read it all here:

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app ... 3856228529

I like the art style though
Its pretty, but splattercat is right about the occlusion needing work. I don't like the perspective, anyway.

The characters look like globohomo art.
Last edited by maidenhaver on February 23rd, 2024, 02:39, edited 1 time in total.
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

maidenhaver wrote: February 23rd, 2024, 02:38

The characters look like globohomo art.
Yeah after watching some videos it seems the game really wants you to be a non-binary negress. I don't think they even have a clearly white skin tone in character creation