We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Game Sales & Freebies

No RPG elements? It probably goes here!

Post by 1998 »

For years the big Steam sales are only good to pick up some trash game for -90%. Everything actually worth playing has its deepest discount outside those events.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

New game released that feaures @maidenhaver as the main character.

rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Good game, worth grabbing if you don't own it.

To avoid using the Epic launcher you can use Legendary: https://github.com/derrod/legendary/releases/latest
Last edited by rusty_shackleford on June 29th, 2023, 17:12, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fix url

Post by 1998 »

I had no idea. For sure worth looking into it.

Post by 1998 »

Great game and at an all time low.

Not so great game but approaching fair value. It can be fun for a couple hours at this price point

Lowest sale but well its Atelier

And this is a must-buy at this price, surprisingly good game giving their track record

Only 20% off but max discount and another great game. Will take a while until this is really heavily discounted

rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Encased was really disappointing, starts off decent then they just ruin everything and it continues to get worse.

Post by 1998 »

I don't disagree, but for some reason I kinda rushed through the early game and had at least some things to do later on. It wasn't great for sure, but for me it was mainly the combat and skill/char systems that sucked. Not the lack of content in the send half.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Medieval Dynasty currently has co-op in development(closed beta), probably going to see if I can host a server for it once it goes live.

My personal GOTY 2022, no contest:

Good:

Been meaning to pick this up:

Trudograd cheap, play ATOM first if you haven't and import your character, both great:
Humbaba

Post by Humbaba »

From the looks of it Wasteland 3 has reddit type humor and turn based combat so unless the tactical aspect is better than at least Xcom 2 then I don't see why anybody would play it.

Underrail looks interesting but it was made by s*rps. Might pirate.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Humbaba wrote: June 29th, 2023, 18:24
Underrail looks interesting but it was made by s*rps. Might pirate.
Buildfag game, decent enough for a playthrough if you aren't autistic.
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

Wasteland 3 is pretty good, both if you decide to play goody-goody, and if you decide to be an asshat. Unironically, the best part of that game is that you can find a travelling busker at one point, and Jodie Bell and/or Scotchmo can join in. Magical moment you don't see mentioned much anywhere.

And Underrail is good.
Humbaba

Post by Humbaba »

The_Mask wrote: June 29th, 2023, 20:26
ou can find a travelling busker
A what?
The_Mask wrote: June 29th, 2023, 20:26
and Jodie Bell and/or Scotchmo can join in
Who the fuck are these people, Romanian folk heroes?
Humbaba

Post by Humbaba »

This one's good.

Stable genius that I am, it only took me 6 hours to solve the mystery without any hints. This means that it may take the average HaQmaster about 50 to 70 hours to beat the game.

When Obra Din came out I was hoping that it would pioneer a new genre and now we have the first Obra Din-like. It's very good, unlike Obra Din it's not exclusively about assigning names and causes of death to people and features many more general deduction puzzles, which all factor into solving the case at hand. I think I like this one more than Obra Din, because Obra Din artificially made itself harder to solve by making certain clues unreasonably obtuse (certain crewmates are exclusively identified by the kind of SOCKS those assholes wear), whereas Golden Idol very readily gives you all the pieces of the puzzle. This means that brute forcing never becomes an attractive option.
Humbaba

Post by Humbaba »

What's with this Wildermyth game? It looks extremely soy. Am I wrong?

Post by 1998 »

Humbaba wrote: July 1st, 2023, 12:57
What's with this Wildermyth game? It looks extremely soy. Am I wrong?
Yeah, extremely so. I don't even know much else about the game, but there is no way I could look at those characters for longer than 2 seconds.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

rusty_shackleford wrote: July 3rd, 2023, 16:05
Worth buying if you don't own it
Absolutely the best InXile game. For those who have played BT1 to exhaustion, there's a mod that back-ports some items and enemies from BT2 and 3 into the first game to help liven things up.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/843260/d ... 176476336/
MadPreacher

Post by MadPreacher »

Epic has Murder by Numbers and Elder Scrolls Online for free this week.
2factorauth

Post by 2factorauth »

r u people too retarded to type gog-games.com into your shit browser?
MadPreacher

Post by MadPreacher »

Epic has Homeworld Remastered Collection and Severed Steel free this week.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

All doosex games for $7.81: https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/de ... ollection/
Add the JULY16 coupon at checkout

Contents: https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/2 ... ollection/

GreenManGaming is a legit seller, not a reseller, they obtain their keys directly from publishers.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

Best sale of the year starts today!!!!

Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

This unheard of RTS is surprisingly fun and on sale for the next day or so.

General Reign

Post by General Reign »

I just want to point out for those that have Amazon Prime you basically get tons of Gog, Origin, Epic, and Amazon games monthly...mostly a lot of shitty SNK games are padding that out and Farming Simulator popped up this month, but also other stuff like that Batman Telltale game, Tomb Raider, Star Wars, Dragon Age 3, Madden 22...mostly mainstream shit but if you add them all up every month before long you have 40 free games that are always over priced on the markets. It's the only way to go if you are a tight ass.

Gog is having the best sales at the moment. I won't list them all just go there before they end. Steam sales fucking suck.