We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

List of woke and non-woke role-playing games

For discussing role-playing video games, you know, the ones with combat.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Lord of Riva wrote: March 1st, 2024, 09:29
EDIT: The Portrait of Barik still has a left blue eye in game.
Is it bright blue, or the very dull blue?
Lord of Riva

Post by Lord of Riva »

rusty_shackleford wrote: March 1st, 2024, 09:37

It's the same as the first one.
Last edited by Lord of Riva on March 1st, 2024, 09:49, edited 1 time in total.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Lord of Riva wrote: March 1st, 2024, 09:48
rusty_shackleford wrote: March 1st, 2024, 09:37

It's the same as the first one.
Well, then I take it back and apologize for posting misinformation.
One of the few rare occurrences where Rusty is wrong about something. :melt:

Post by 1998 »

If you have Kuro no Kiseki on there you might as well put the second one on there as well. It's way worse in that regard tbh.

My favorite part was during some bs immigration discrimination quest: "But they are from the North, they are white, they don't face discrimination".

It's still somewhat adorable how those japs are trying to ride the woke train. One quest was again investigating literal nazis who targeted some arab race car driver. Unless I skipped too much of the quest and missed something, the solution was that the arab was targeted by the ex-bf (white) of his gf. But only because the arab was abusing her! This part will be probably censored by NISA though.
twig
The Only Good Commie

Post by twig »

Lord of Riva wrote: February 29th, 2024, 21:21
When it comes to Tyranny I would say we are at the point where @twig should weigh the arguments and decide.
Actually I have to replay it with a post-GG mindset.
Rand

Post by Rand »

rusty_shackleford wrote: February 29th, 2024, 21:30
broken roads seems to be WOKE. Absolutely full of women that act like men, cowardly men, and a very odd racial makeup for an australia post-apoc.
This playthru is long enough to make a judgment:
Demo literally starts with a message catering to the local primitives' imbecilic taboos about showing or talking about dead people.
I doubt any full blooded aboriginee has ever mustered the intelligence to turn on a computer, much less play games.
They're the most retarded people on Earth, and that's saying something considering the abject stupidity of so many of the others.
They need to be told not to sleep on the roads so they don't get run over. Seriously!

Anyway, WOKE devs, 100%
Last edited by Rand on March 7th, 2024, 03:47, edited 2 times in total.
Rand

Post by Rand »

MadRussian wrote: March 1st, 2024, 04:24
Jagged Alliance 3 is 99 percent non-woke. There are some characters that can be considered woke (i.e. the hijabi muzzie chick) but you can just not hire them. Or hire them and send them to their deaths. Third world island country is depicted as a third world island country: a garbage dump in a tropical paradise. There is one supposedly OP "strong female" NPC, but she's only strong according to the locals; when she shows up in an actual fight she dies just as easily as any other character. One of the main bad guys is White, but you can actually talk him down and recruit him. Enemies are in their vast majority black, as you'd expect because the majority of the population is black.
Yeah, it's amazing.
Remember how the proto-woketards made a big deal about Resident Evil 5 because you were mowing down hordes of infected African blacks?
(At least, the game made me assume they're infected. TBH, they don't act much different to most of the African blacks do normally.)
And there was noise about the mullato side-chick being too "western pretty" (not having a giant fat ass) and the game having a primitive Zulu costume you could make her wear.

I was expecting to hear complaints about JA3 in the same vein, mowing down hordes of *not Haitians*.
Last edited by Rand on March 3rd, 2024, 06:08, edited 1 time in total.
Roguey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Roguey »

twig wrote: March 3rd, 2024, 04:45
Actually I have to replay it with a post-GG mindset.
Tyranny was released two years after gamergate. Awfully peculiar that it didn't bother you in 2016-17 but now it could?

Rand wrote: March 3rd, 2024, 06:02
Demo literally starts with a message catering to the local primitives' imbecilic taboos about showing or talking about dead people.
I doubt any aboriginee has ever mustered the intelligence to turn on a computer, much less play games.
They're the most retarded people on Earth, and that's saying something considering the abject stupidity of so many of the others.
They need to be told not to sleep on the roads so they don't get run over. Seriously!

Anyway, WOKE devs, 100%
They received funding from the government so they were legally obligated to put that message on there.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Roguey wrote: March 3rd, 2024, 11:45
Tyranny was released two years after gamergate. Awfully peculiar that it didn't bother you in 2016-17 but now it could?
I don't think twig is very old, he could well have been in his mid-teens then. But I don't know his age.
Last edited by rusty_shackleford on March 3rd, 2024, 11:47, edited 1 time in total.
Roguey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Roguey »

rusty_shackleford wrote: March 3rd, 2024, 11:47
I don't think twig is very old, he could well have been in his mid-teens then. But I don't know his age.
I have been very amused seeing what I assume are older teens and young adults going through their political awakening and suddenly getting mad over content they were nonchalant about within the past decade.

The opposite of this is when they have an awakening in the opposite direction and talk about how they regret being a rightwing edgelord who hated feminists and trannies in the 10s but are now 100% on board with the prog agenda. Stupid people on all sides.
Lord of Riva

Post by Lord of Riva »

Roguey wrote: March 3rd, 2024, 20:20
rusty_shackleford wrote: March 3rd, 2024, 11:47
I have been very amused seeing what I assume are older teens and young adults going through their political awakening and suddenly getting mad over content they were nonchalant about within the past decade.

The opposite of this is when they have an awakening in the opposite direction and talk about how they regret being a rightwing edgelord who hated feminists and trannies in the 10s but are now 100% on board with the prog agenda. Stupid people on all sides.
Whats so amusing about that, one is called waking up instead of being woke (and has nothing to do with right wing, it's apolitical) and the other side are people being afraid of the coming dystopia trying to save themselves.
Roguey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Roguey »

Lord of Riva wrote: March 3rd, 2024, 20:36
Whats so amusing about that, one is called waking up instead of being woke (and has nothing to do with right wing, it's apolitical)
I believe woke and redpilled are two sides of the same cringe.
Lord of Riva

Post by Lord of Riva »

Roguey wrote: March 3rd, 2024, 20:37
Lord of Riva wrote: March 3rd, 2024, 20:36
Whats so amusing about that, one is called waking up instead of being woke (and has nothing to do with right wing, it's apolitical)
I believe woke and redpilled are two sides of the same cringe.
Funny, coming from you. You see yourself as the one of the tribes even though are clearly one of the wokies. The reality is that there aren't two equally sized opposing tribes, it's one and the rest of people are a heterogenous mass getting more and more pressed into subjugation.

Your understanding of how people realize what is up is also faulty and shows the typical arrogance of someone never reflecting on your own capabilities to understand the world.
Normal people never think about any of this, at some point this most likely included you, it definitely included me.

We here in germany are brought up with your first and most important law of the Grundgesetz: "Die Würde des Menschen ist unantastbar" meaning "Human dignity is inviolable" also stuff like race, sex and religious based discrimination is not allowed.

You grow up in such a system and believe that these standards are true, most people want to uphold them and they are worthwhile enough to fight for. I still believe in *all* of these btw. it's why I am doing what I do.

Then there are political groups, like the feminists, who always tell the lie that they were fighting for "equality" and for the benefit of men and women. These groups have been ingrained into out western societies so much that they are always present. Now you have two factors: You have a society based on values that make sense and you think are worthwhile to uphold and a group that is society wide accepted and even promoted claiming that they are a force to exactly uphold these values.

Now tell me why someone young, a child, never hearing another story than that this is all true would even consider questioning that? First of all they need to be willing to disagree with people, that is alone troublesome especially if you are younger where obeying elders is still often enforced secondly people just have *other things* that are more important than caring about another political group that is at worst kinda useless at best beneficial to society, why would they?

What is real, is that most people literally are ignorant about these matters, when I tell them what happens objectively they outright want to deny what I am telling them out of reflex, just because it goes against what they believe in. And that people do this makes total sense to some extent, there are other "tribes" around that actually vie for their attention with equally ideological positions (for example over race mixing, I'm mentioning that here because it's relevant to this forum).

There is absolutely no fault in being defensive about questioning ones beliefs.

However the difference is that some things are objectively true you can actually show people quite easily that feminism isn't about equality, you can show them that men are the equally structural victims of society, people already know that "men" as a group are not violent or rapists because they have fathers, brothers, friends or that they can enjoy movies even if the main character is not the same sex.

You can wake people up, there is nothing stupid about people realizing what is happening and having empathy towards those that are affected by injustice, there is no age, time or group limit in which it stops being a very reasonable thing (not stupid as you said) to realize that what a person believed was wrong and they have course correct.

The same is true for gender theory, which always was and is completely irrefutably and objectively not based in science or truth,

And people are waking up every day, mostly not because of efforts from people like me, but because more and more people are pressed into accepting this nonsense as gospel. They won't.

You know, It's quite easy to think that you know better, but you have shown time and time again how much you lack the willingness (or capability) to self-reflect because you yourself are bound into Dogma. I on the other hand haven't figured any of this out, I'm just pointing towards Godzilla rampaging through out streets and trying to pick up hurt people, I don't know a solution, I simply know what's wrong, because I'm not an ideologue, like you are.

EDIT: let me guess, that melon reaction that implies I should not have bothered answering you at all? @Roguey
Last edited by Lord of Riva on March 3rd, 2024, 22:07, edited 1 time in total.
Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Tweed »

Melons are for all occasions and all moods.
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

Lord of Riva wrote: March 3rd, 2024, 21:10
EDIT: let me guess, that melon reaction that implies I should not have bothered answering you at all? @Roguey
Melon is a parrot

Post by 1998 »

You can add that one to the non-woke side. No female fighters or nigs in sight.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Non-woke: King Arthur: Knight's Tale

No 'diversity' in an arthurian setting, no female knights(just one(?) archer, rest magical types)
Gregz
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Gregz »

So is Jagged Alliance 3 pozzed or not? I kinda want to play it.
Roguey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Roguey »

Gregz wrote: March 4th, 2024, 19:28
This notable faggot clutched pearls at the content, so likely not.

Playing Jagged Alliance 3 by @HaemimontGames (since before release!) and, man, it's giving me JA2 vibes in the best way. Brutally difficult but also so much fun. I kinda wish they hadn't gone with as many of the cringey stereotypes for the mercs, but ehh it's a tribute. I get it.
Lord of Riva

Post by Lord of Riva »

Gregz wrote: March 4th, 2024, 19:28
I said it before, JA 3 has some woke steretypes and themes in a few encounters/quests but it can be played off as most of the setting is about stereotypes. It is on the List already as "non-woke" which I agree with but it's really not much to stop you from playing. Give it a go I really like it, i mean, that is taste I guess.
gastovski

Post by gastovski »

latest "the thaumaturge" isometric rpg first message on the screen

Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

Isn't that the one where you start the game off fighting 18th century MAGAs?
gastovski

Post by gastovski »

the game's story starts at year 1905
Last edited by gastovski on March 4th, 2024, 22:46, edited 1 time in total.
Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Tweed »

Roguey wrote: March 4th, 2024, 20:24
I kinda wish they hadn't gone with as many of the cringey stereotypes for the mercs, but ehh it's a tribute. I get it.
They can never stop, not even for a moment.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

gastovski wrote: March 4th, 2024, 22:45
the game's story starts at year 1905
All Europoor cities look old.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Probably not woke: Ludus Mortis. Women don't seem to be able to be frontline fighters other than the lithe Gladiatrix class, which has some basis in history.