We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

List of woke and non-woke role-playing games

For discussing role-playing video games, you know, the ones with combat.
Lord of Riva

Post by Lord of Riva »

My impressions of the Thaumaturge is that it is medium woke. It's also not very enjoyable, more akin to a DE but without good writing so I will probably not continue playing it only reaching I guess 1/3 of the content.

Feminism is a huge topic in this game your sister Ligia inherits the fathers estate and businesses, which is commented on by her that she is faced with discrimination and lack of respect by business partners because she is a woman. Later commenting on her smoking and clothing habits (wearing pants) and commenting that pants don't look good on her leads to her saying that one is a regressive conservative.

The Prologue revolves around the murder of an elder in a Village, it turns out that his Daughter Vesna is the murderer. There is nothing inherently wrong with that but of course the "reason" for this murder is her being abused by her toxic drunkard father which is a feminist cliché but one that many people buy anyways but that alone is not the issue. Completely investigating the issue surrounding this murder leads to the protagonist concluding that the village "wise" woman was involved, cursing the elder (which did not help, because curses don't exist) and witnessing the Girl killing her father. If you end the investigation like that, not only is the murderer Spared any punishment because they had a "reason" to do so but all the men also get chided for not helping the situation. The player has no input on the matter in this case.

In a later scene the "racist" equivalents, specifically anti-thaumaturge, are roused by a speaker in the city by claiming that it's the thaumaturgs fault if you can't sleep, your chickens don't lay eggs and your women are hysterical. You try to figure out who the leader of this group is and need to get rid of the mob, which you can achieve by pointing to the women, the Protagonist then talks to the surrounding men and tells them that they should care for their wives needs instead of standing there and being "racists" which they then realize for, apologize and go.

It's pretty retarded.
Last edited by Lord of Riva on March 8th, 2024, 10:25, edited 1 time in total.
Crusaderknight20

Post by Crusaderknight20 »

Roguey wrote: February 29th, 2024, 19:29
Element wrote: February 29th, 2024, 18:23
The fact that its a cyao aside, what level of wokeness would people rank Pentiment?
There's a good amount.

There's a token black guy in the village who shows them an African bible.

A gypsy who claims he didn't do nothing.

And a feminist woman who bemoans her station in life and talks about life as if it's a story like a self-aware fictional character (all too common in post-modern works written by Millennials)

Oh and a couple of homosexuals in the cloister (no images here but according to twig this is fine :P).

Also I believe the ending is modern atheist-tard revisionism.
► Show Spoiler
I liked some aspects of it, since he really did his homework on theology.

However, as you pointed out, he just had to throw his Californian politics into the mix.

And, the whole story trying to cover up the village's pagan roots is dumb. The church is actually often skeptical of local miracles.
Lord of Riva

Post by Lord of Riva »

Roguey wrote: March 8th, 2024, 11:19
Sounds about as woke as Kingdom Come Deliverance.
Yes, nothing is woke. We know. :headbang:
Roguey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Roguey »

Segata Sanshiro wrote: March 8th, 2024, 13:51
Copium
Lord of Riva wrote: March 8th, 2024, 14:01
Yes, nothing is woke. We know. :headbang:
I am just abiding by twig's own rules. There's just as much feminism in KCD.
Lord of Riva

Post by Lord of Riva »

Roguey wrote: March 8th, 2024, 14:45
I am just abiding by twig's own rules. There's just as much feminism in KCD.
That is incorrect:

"Woman's suffrage from 17th century to 2023 isn't woke. At worst (in case of heavy-handed pandering) it's mildly woke."

The games themes are heavy pandering suffrage which would mean it's mildly woke, but it extents far into identity politics even in the beginning as I have explained.

KCD has no feminism in it in the base game. I have not played "a woman's lot" and as people have told you before, gay characters are not inherently woke. Just stop, Roguey, it's annoying at best. :groan:
Lord of Riva

Post by Lord of Riva »

Not seeing any feminsim in these wiki pages, nor in my memories of the game.

You have some weird defintion of feminism again, don't you?
Feminism is the Idea that women were opressed because they are women by men, because they are men and alternatively it's the radical notion that women are unaccountable children.

Having women in a game with quests or even witches is not feminist.
Last edited by Lord of Riva on March 8th, 2024, 18:14, edited 1 time in total.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

Roguey is a libtard and gets confused when he tries to make traditionalist arguments.
Roguey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Roguey »

Lord of Riva wrote: March 8th, 2024, 18:12

Feminism is the Idea that women were opressed because they are women by men, because they are men and alternatively it's the radical notion that women are unaccountable children.

:headbang:

Playing with the Devil - the only way to complete that quest is to let the women go through with their Satanic ritual at which point the only choice is whether or not to save them from the "demons" or run away. You get chastised for both decisions.

A Woman Scorned - a prostitute asks you to steal things she claims are rightfully hers and in the end she runs off after having killed her ex husband and his new wife. There's no other way of completing this quest.

Johanka -
The monks are so unnerved by the presence of a woman that they often refuse to speak to her - matters are further complicated when she almost slaps one of them in frustration, leading to the monks posting a guard outside the infirmary.
The Sasau custodian, Baron vom Berg, is infatuated with Johanka, and visits the infirmary frequently in an attempt to woo her. Johanka is initially annoyed by his advances, but asks Henry not to interfere, adamant it will only make it worse. Later, she admits there is something about the Custodian she likes, and reveals that she feels some level of resentment towards Henry for not being there, when the Custodian was.
A smart and capable woman plagued by chauvinists and a sex pest.
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

Roguey wrote: March 8th, 2024, 20:27

:headbang:

Playing with the Devil - the only way to complete that quest is to let the women go through with their Satanic ritual at which point the only choice is whether or not to save them from the "demons" or run away. You get chastised for both decisions.

A Woman Scorned - a prostitute asks you to steal things she claims are rightfully hers and in the end she runs off after having killed her ex husband and his new wife. There's no other way of completing this quest.

Johanka -
The monks are so unnerved by the presence of a woman that they often refuse to speak to her - matters are further complicated when she almost slaps one of them in frustration, leading to the monks posting a guard outside the infirmary.
The Sasau custodian, Baron vom Berg, is infatuated with Johanka, and visits the infirmary frequently in an attempt to woo her. Johanka is initially annoyed by his advances, but asks Henry not to interfere, adamant it will only make it worse. Later, she admits there is something about the Custodian she likes, and reveals that she feels some level of resentment towards Henry for not being there, when the Custodian was.
A smart and capable woman plagued by chauvinists and a sex pest.
The devil scene has to do with psychedelics and you are drugged (which is an issue, but not a feminist one) and none of these quests have any feminist points. You realize having quests regarding females in a historical setting isn't feminism right?
Roguey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Roguey »

Nammu Archag wrote: March 8th, 2024, 21:10
The devil scene has to do with psychedelics and you are drugged (which is an issue, but not a feminist one) and none of these quests have any feminist points. You realize having quests regarding females in a historical setting isn't feminism right?
They're written from a feminist perspective. You can't patrol the thots for being Satanic. You can't legally deal with the prostitute in a way that doesn't fail the quest. Johanka must suffer A Woman's Lot, surrounded by primitives who find girls icky or only to be used as receptacles. KCD is very obviously written by a simp who's pro-women's lib.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

The witch/devil quest is the absolute worst quest in the game and the worst part of the game overall. I did it once, quit for a week, and started over just to avoid doing the quest.

In fact, I have a mod request to make…
Last edited by rusty_shackleford on March 8th, 2024, 21:59, edited 1 time in total.
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

Roguey wrote: March 8th, 2024, 21:56
Nammu Archag wrote: March 8th, 2024, 21:10
You can't patrol the thots for being Satanic. You can't legally deal with the prostitute in a way that doesn't fail the quest. Johanka must suffer A Woman's Lot, surrounded by primitives who find girls icky or only to be used as receptacles. KCD is very obviously written by a simp who's pro-women's lib.
Are any quests in KCD reactive in the ways you expect these to be? The old whore is blatantly in the wrong in that quest as well, and she just tricked you into helping her commit a crime. Isn't the Johanka quest about a heretical cult? As far as I remember it also depicts the inquisitor as a fair and judge-like figure rather than an anti-woman bigot or sociopath. KCD is probably just written by people who are normal by 2000s standards, I don't think they are pro or anti-woman unless you compare them to islamists.
Last edited by Nammu Archag on March 30th, 2024, 19:09, edited 1 time in total.
Roguey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Roguey »

Nammu Archag wrote: March 8th, 2024, 23:12
KCD is probably just written by people who are normal by 2000s standards, I don't think they are pro or anti-woman unless you compare them to islamists.
Normal by 2000s standards means being a third wave feminist. Like The Thaumaturge.
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

Roguey wrote: March 9th, 2024, 02:27
KCD is probably just written by people who are normal by 2000s standards, I don't think they are pro or anti-woman unless you compare them to islamists.
Normal by 2000s standards means being a third wave feminist. Like The Thaumaturge.
where the hell were you at in the 2000s? And this doesn't address the reactivity component.
Last edited by Nammu Archag on March 9th, 2024, 02:33, edited 1 time in total.
Roguey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Roguey »

Nammu Archag wrote: March 9th, 2024, 02:32
where the hell were you at in the 2000s?
A proud third wave feminist.
And this doesn't address the reactivity component.
How reactive the quests are doesn't matter. They chose to make these writing decisions with regard to quest completion. They didn't have to write any of these quests or these characters this way and could have gone in very different directions for all of them.
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

Roguey wrote: March 9th, 2024, 02:42
How reactive the quests are doesn't matter. They chose to make these writing decisions with regard to quest completion. They didn't have to write any of these quests or these characters this way and could have gone in very different directions for all of them.
okay but conniving whores and Marian cults did exist in medieval central Europe so adding 2 quests in (at least one of which is a DLC) isn't really woke
Mondain

Post by Mondain »

The quest is really bad because it's heavily railroaded. Roguey is still wrong tho
OnTilt

Post by OnTilt »

it's the radical notion that women are unaccountable children.
I guess I'm a feminist now . . .
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

Mondain wrote: March 9th, 2024, 02:53
The quest is really bad because it's heavily railroaded. Roguey is still wrong tho
I agree but I loathed most quests in KCD as well
Nooneatall

Post by Nooneatall »

Roguey wrote: March 9th, 2024, 02:42
A proud third wave cuck faggot.
Ftfy
Lord of Riva

Post by Lord of Riva »

OnTilt wrote: March 9th, 2024, 03:07
it's the radical notion that women are unaccountable children.
I guess I'm a feminist now . . .
Yes and no.

There is a reason why a female supremacist hate group could be created and woven into basically everything, the reason is that the Patriarchy does not exist but what exists are gynocentric values like lack of accountability in women. Being gynocentric is what has gotten us into this in the first place and there is not much difference in seeing women unaccountable because you are "supposedly" traditional or feminist, for that matter they are nigh identical.

There is a reason why two-thousand years ago feminists would just have been stoned to death, today people argue whatever women do should not have any consequences.
Lord of Riva

Post by Lord of Riva »

Roguey wrote: March 9th, 2024, 02:27
Gynocentrism is not only feminist. You have no clue what feminism is either, but at least you have a opinion on everything.
Roguey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Roguey »

Nammu Archag wrote: March 9th, 2024, 02:51
okay but conniving whores and Marian cults did exist in medieval central Europe so adding 2 quests in (at least one of which is a DLC) isn't really woke
How your character is allowed to interact with these characters is what's feminist. They made a choice to decide that Henry is the kind of character who will coddle women performing a Satanic ritual and would gladly help out a down-on-her-luck whore. They also made a choice to include bigoted monks and a sex pest when those characters could have behaved properly.
Lord of Riva wrote: March 9th, 2024, 07:37
Gynocentrism is not only feminist. You have no clue what feminism is either, but at least you have a opinion on everything.
twig bolds in the first post "post-2012 north american identity politics" That stuff in the the latest Polish game is not post-2012. Here's comparable content in The Witcher from 2007
^ you may be able to side with that fellow, but he's not a good guy. You'll get chastised later on for killing an innocent person (even though the witch wasn't exactly innocent). And when you side with the witch, Geralt delivers a lecture to the townspeople to call them out as a bunch of backwards bigots. The guy who wrote it is also 100% liberal who made tweets talking about narrow-minded gamers who refuse to play female player characters and kneeling in support of black lives matter.
Lord of Riva

Post by Lord of Riva »

Roguey wrote: March 9th, 2024, 11:02
twig bolds in the first post "post-2012 north american identity politics" That stuff in the the latest Polish game is not post-2012. Here's comparable content in The Witcher from 2007
^ you may be able to side with that fellow, but he's not a good guy. You'll get chastised later on for killing an innocent person (even though the witch wasn't exactly innocent). And when you side with the witch, Geralt delivers a lecture to the townspeople to call them out as a bunch of backwards bigots. The guy who wrote it is also 100% liberal who made tweets talking about narrow-minded gamers who refuse to play female player characters and kneeling in support of black lives matter.
The witcher has much more feminist themes than KCD including the sorceresses. The Witcher is also not featured in the list.

It is not similar to KCD which has way less pandering, nothing of what you have said is feminist in nature but Witcher is similar to the Thaumaturge, ergo medium woke since Twig says "post-2012 north american identity politics are mildly present" in both cases it's more.

Again, having quests with females is not woke or feminist, neither is abuse of women inherently, the preaching of it is. KCD doesn't do that, end of story.
Roguey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Roguey »

Lord of Riva wrote: March 9th, 2024, 15:32
Again, having quests with females is not woke or feminist, neither is abuse of women inherently, the preaching of it is. KCD doesn't do that, end of story.
Here are examples of chud-penned quests from Elder Scrolls games of all things:

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:The_Siren's_Deception
https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Caught_Red_Handed

In Oblivion, you hear of a female bandit gang. The only solution is to kill them all. In Skyrim, a woman seethes over her wine aunt being a massive slut. The only solution is to shame the aunt for her behavior. Are there quests in KCD with comparable goals or messages? No, because Vavra is a feminist.
Last edited by Roguey on March 9th, 2024, 17:09, edited 1 time in total.
Faceless_Sentinel

Post by Faceless_Sentinel »

Roguey wrote: March 9th, 2024, 17:09

In Oblivion, you hear of a female bandit gang. The only solution is to kill them all. In Skyrim, a woman seethes over her wine aunt being a massive slut. The only solution is to shame the aunt for her behavior. Are there quests in KCD with comparable goals or messages? No, because Vavra is a feminist.
His got a point here.
Lord of Riva

Post by Lord of Riva »

Roguey wrote: March 9th, 2024, 17:09

By your logic you have to take whatever you deem as "chud-penned" quests and everything that is not that, must be feminist. Making you believe again in a binary that does not exist, funny how that goes with people like you it's always everything opposite of reality.

There is a wide-spectrum of things that is not feminist in nature, feminism is a very specific ideology, a quest in The elder Scrolls that you deem non-feminist has absolutely no saying in what is feminist in KCD both can be not feminist while not being Identical and having a vastly different portrayal of women.