We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Diablo 2 Median XL Funclub (Now With Info!)

For discussing role-playing video games, you know, the ones with combat.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Feel like every time I try to respec and do things more efficient than last time someone I end up with an even worse build lmao
I've got no clue what I'm doing here and when I look up guides specifically for Median I get tips for the "early game" which is apparently having a level in the 70s :lol:

Tags:
Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Tweed »

Vergil wrote: February 25th, 2024, 13:59
Feel like every time I try to respec and do things more efficient than last time someone I end up with an even worse build lmao
I've got no clue what I'm doing here and when I look up guides specifically for Median I get tips for the "early game" which is apparently having a level in the 70s :lol:
It's usually levels 1-100 and then so on. 75 is around the time nm starts, don't worry about it if you don't have all the crap they say you should.
Gregz
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Gregz »

Don't be discouraged if you think you won't catch up, you can reach level 100 in just a few days. This game is designed around theorycrafting, farming, and working challenging encounters for powerful RNG drops. We are sharing build-specific loot with each other, so you are encouraged to create a build (there are many) that doesn't overlap with everyone else for to get yer free shit.

So far we have:

Wereowl Druid
Paladin (auras)
Summoner Necromancer
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

Honestly, I just do other stuff on my computer while I let my skeletons kill everything and it's working so far.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Gregz wrote: February 25th, 2024, 17:33
Don't be discouraged if you think you won't catch up, you can reach level 100 in just a few days. This game is designed around theorycrafting, farming, and working challenging encounters for powerful RNG drops. We are sharing build-specific loot with each other, so you are encouraged to create a build (there are many) that doesn't overlap with everyone else for to get yer free shit.

So far we have:

Wereowl Druid
Paladin (auras)
Summoner Necromancer
Is being a cool necro with a scythe a viable strategy? I kind of tried it but seemed to be way too squishy. Right now I've just gone back to fucking around with summons and figuring out what works.
Gregz
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Gregz »

Vergil wrote: February 25th, 2024, 18:59
Gregz wrote: February 25th, 2024, 17:33

So far we have:

Wereowl Druid
Paladin (auras)
Summoner Necromancer
Is being a cool necro with a scythe a viable strategy? I kind of tried it but seemed to be way too squishy. Right now I've just gone back to fucking around with summons and figuring out what works.
This is a pretty good s-tier list if you're considering builds:

https://forum.median-xl.com/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=78735
TIER 1
Bow/Physical Amazon, Blood/Fire Amazon*, Blood/Magic Missiles Amazon, Storm/Hammer Amazon, Storm/Caster Amazon, Claw Assassin**, Psionic Assassin, Earthquake Barbarian, Warmonger/Elemental Barbarian, Warmonger/Physical Barbarian, Werewolf Druid, Poison Druid, Summoner Necromancer, Unholy Melee Paladin!!!, Melee Sorceress, Lightning Sorceress

TIER 2
Javelin Amazon, Spear Amazon, Naginata Assassin, Throwing/Scorpion Blade Assassin, Trap Assassin, Elementalist Barb!!!, Warmonger/Poison Barbarian, Whirlwind/Poison Barbarian, Summon Barbarian, Seer/Fire Druid!!!, Werebear/Physical Druid, Werebear/Fire Druid, Wereowl Druid, Bow Druid, Crossbow/Fire Necromancer, Crossbow/Physical Necromancer, Melee Necromancer!!!, Totem Necromancer, Holy Caster Paladin, Holy Melee Paladin**, Neutral Paladin, Unholy Caster Paladin*, [Rising Dawn Paladin], Arcane Sorceress, Cold Sorceress, Fire Sorceress!!!

TIER 3
Throwing/Maelstrom, Whirlwind/Physical Barbarian, [War Cry Barbarian], Malice Necromancer, Seer/Cold Druid**!!!, Poison Sorceress

TIER 4
[Orb of Annihilation Necromancer]

TIER 5
None
Last edited by Gregz on February 25th, 2024, 20:29, edited 1 time in total.
Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Tweed »

I soloed a psionic assassin, they're an absolute terror and if I need to go alt I'll probably make another unless someone goes that route. Doesn't get hairy until late hell.
Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Tweed »

Updated the OP, read it and be amazed.
Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Tweed »

Vergil wrote: February 26th, 2024, 22:39
I read the new OP and am more confused.
With what?
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Tweed wrote: February 26th, 2024, 23:12
Vergil wrote: February 26th, 2024, 22:39
I read the new OP and am more confused.
With what?
Still don't know most of the terms mentioned and more importantly don't know when people are gonna be playing
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

We need more Summoner Necros tbh
Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Tweed »

No, I don't need anymore necros to carry.
Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Tweed »

So instead of just flapping our arms around and mumbling how bout people actually say when they're available so maybe we might all actually happen to exist in the same server at the same time?

Right now I'm available most times.

Now, you try it.
Last edited by Tweed on February 28th, 2024, 03:42, edited 1 time in total.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Tweed wrote: February 28th, 2024, 03:41
So instead of just flapping our arms around and mumbling how bout people actually say when they're available so maybe we might all actually happen to exist in the same server at the same time?

Now, you try it.
I'm available.
Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Tweed »

rusty_shackleford wrote: February 28th, 2024, 03:42
Tweed wrote: February 28th, 2024, 03:41

Now, you try it.
I'm available.
But you don't want to play.
Kalarion
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Kalarion »

8am - 7pm EST, Sun - Tues and Thurs - Sat. With interruptions.
7 - 10pm EST, Wed.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

I'm pretty available most times but more so towards the end of the day EST time.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

@Tweed Thank you for posting that melee necro build in the IRC this is actually fun now.
Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Tweed »

OP is updated again, maybe it's more comprehensive now.
Gregz
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Gregz »

Stuff Gregz needs:

Lux Rune
Katamari TU jewel
SSUs w/ necro summoner mods
Celestial Barrier Spiked Shield SSU
Staryeye's Claws set gauntlets
Rare Jewels with +minion damage and/or +minion life
Archbishop Lazarus (set)
+1 All Skill Rings with minion bonuses
+2 Necromancer Skills Fellblood amulets
+3 All Skill Ammys with minion bonuses
+Cold spell dmg SUs for merc
All necro relics
Last edited by Gregz on March 16th, 2024, 01:32, edited 10 times in total.
Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Tweed »

Junk I need:

Sacred Eth Kriss or Blade
Ripstar or Giant's Kunckle rings
Ful Rune
Phul Rune
Elq Rune
Black Void or Lilith's Temptation belt
Kalarion
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Kalarion »

I need:
Rings and an amulet with FCR/Spell Damage+/Fire Damage+/Physical/Magic Damage+/-enemy fire resist/+ele resist
good caster gloves (rares are fine, I should probably make an honorific for this slot)/Yaerius' Mediation
good caster helm/Allseeing Eye (TU Coronet)

That's about it until I hit very late game, I've already got other slots covered and having full Hadriel's makes my life a lot easier in the future.
Gregz
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Gregz »

Tweed wrote: March 3rd, 2024, 07:13
Junk I need:

Ful Rune
Phul Rune
Elq Rune
Have your Ripstar
Shillitron
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Shillitron »

Tweed wrote: February 21st, 2024, 20:18
You need a copy of Diablo 2 and Lord of Destruction, that's original Diablo 2, not the crappy remake.
The remake is actually amazing though.
You can even play in the original D2 graphics mode - the QOL resolutions / performance alone are amazing.

Also D2R is apparently gonna open up the API extensively for modding. (As per the developers working on it)
Last edited by Shillitron on March 5th, 2024, 01:45, edited 1 time in total.
Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Tweed »

Gregz wrote: March 5th, 2024, 01:34
Junk I need:

Ful Rune
Phul Rune
Elq Rune
Have your Ripstar
Actually don't need those anymore. Got another piece of Laz and some other things you might be interested in though.
Gregz
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Gregz »

Tweed wrote: March 5th, 2024, 01:45
Gregz wrote: March 5th, 2024, 01:34
Junk I need:

Ful Rune
Phul Rune
Elq Rune
Have your Ripstar
Actually don't need those anymore. Got another piece of Laz and some other things you might be interested in though.
rpghq/rpghq