We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Chronicling the competency crisis across the world

Do you have a dumb political opinion? Do you want other people to know about your dumb political opinion? Look no further!
Segata
Turtle
Turtle

Chronicling the competency crisis across the world

Post by Segata »

Like this thread but for non vidya things. Let's rejoice in, document, and study the decline of the West.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a4679 ... ust-spots/

Humbaba

Post by Humbaba »

Current German government contains a plagiarist and some boomer who was very likely involved in a major corruption scheme back in the 80s and only won election because the actual favorite got caught laughing at flood victims.

-Humbaba
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

Humbaba wrote: February 17th, 2024, 14:52
Current German government contains a plagiarist and some boomer who was very likely involved in a major corruption scheme back in the 80s
also a guy who's only job prior to becoming a minister was writing children books.
Segata
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Segata »

It is a mystery.

Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Tweed »

wndrbr wrote: February 17th, 2024, 14:56
Current German government contains a plagiarist and some boomer who was very likely involved in a major corruption scheme back in the 80s
also a guy who's only job prior to becoming a minister was writing children books.
Well, at least he's qualified in communications.
BobT

Post by BobT »

Are there any governments of the world where the important positions are actually staffed by those with the skills and background to be in them? It seems so rare and yet it shouldn't be.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

BobT wrote: February 20th, 2024, 01:50
Are there any governments of the world where the important positions are actually staffed by those with the skills and background to be in them? It seems so rare and yet it shouldn't be.
Sealand
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

BobT wrote: February 20th, 2024, 01:50
what's that latin american country with the guy leading it that has western governments angry because his people like him?
Last edited by rusty_shackleford on February 20th, 2024, 01:57, edited 1 time in total.
BobT

Post by BobT »

Actually I remember one of my work colleagues (this was around 10 years ago, mind) saying that Singapore was pretty good for having actual industry qualified people in govt. Anyone know if that's still (or even was) the case?
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

Tweed wrote: February 20th, 2024, 01:20
wndrbr wrote: February 17th, 2024, 14:56
Well, at least he's qualified in communications.
dude serves as a minister of economic affairs of Germany. Hmm, i wonder what's currently happening to the German economics?
► Show Spoiler
Oh.
Nooneatall

Post by Nooneatall »

BobT wrote: February 20th, 2024, 02:08
Actually I remember one of my work colleagues (this was around 10 years ago, mind) saying that Singapore was pretty good for having actual industry qualified people in govt. Anyone know if that's still (or even was) the case?
Singapore is a police state ran by Chinese expats and they don't mess around. They purposefully keep token brown people positions around to keep them and check and have presidential rotations so that brown people must be voted in to power on a schedule (purely for show). They don't tolerate and monkey shines though.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

Singapore always sounded based when mariners talked about it. They'd always know somebody who got caned for behaving like a nigger.

When other countries sent a boat of slimey prostitutes to you Singapore send customs to your ship and inspect everyone and throw all your contraband away in front of your face, and if you don't like it swim.
Last edited by maidenhaver on February 20th, 2024, 18:07, edited 2 times in total.
J1M
Turtle
Turtle

Post by J1M »

Argentina has first monthly surplus in 12 years.

1 month after electing someone politically incorrect as president.

According to an interview he did, they fired 50,000 federal employees and cut 200,000 social programs.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

Interesting article defending browns' and libtards' inability to make a successful moon landing.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/21/world/mo ... end_recirc
Segata
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Segata »

Japan has fallen. Owari da.

BobT

Post by BobT »

And they assassinated poor Abe, bet he was holding all this shit back, so they made an example out of him later on. :(
KnightoftheWind

Post by KnightoftheWind »

And out of all the races/cultures to appeal to, he appeals to the roaches of the world. You let a 1000 Indians into Japan, they'll be 5000 by the end of the year. They multiply quick, and will result in entire regions being turned into "little Indias" in a matter of a decade.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

Acrux wrote: February 24th, 2024, 11:58
Interesting article defending browns' and libtards' inability to make a successful moon landing.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/21/world/mo ... end_recirc
Did they crash?
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

:scratch: When I googled moon landing crash, I get hits for Russia. When I googled moon landing fail, I get the US lander story. Point being, niggers cannot land on the moon, only the germannic ubermensch can.
Segata
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Segata »

rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

It is becoming increasingly clear to more and more people in the West that something has gone terribly wrong with the Ukraine project. Predictions and projections didn’t pan out and the West doesn’t seem to know what to do.
wuht
all the predictions were that russia would win before the month ended

this is some advanced history rewriting
Shillitron
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Shillitron »

rusty_shackleford wrote: April 2nd, 2024, 14:08
It is becoming increasingly clear to more and more people in the West that something has gone terribly wrong with the Ukraine project. Predictions and projections didn’t pan out and the West doesn’t seem to know what to do.
wuht
all the predictions were that russia would win before the month ended

this is some advanced history rewriting
I thought Keiv would be glassed in a week. I'm utterly shocked how shit of a job Russia has done - I still expect Ukraine to lose the war of attrition but this is really a "2 more weeks" meme at this point.

Even if Russia wins tomorrow - pretty pathetic. If Russia was actually competent - way less people would of died on both sides. I don't really give a shit if Ukraine is independent or not - I'm just sick of seeing young Ukraine / Russian families / husbands / children being carpet bombed and executed in trenches by walmart drones.
Last edited by Shillitron on April 2nd, 2024, 14:14, edited 1 time in total.
Segata
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Segata »

CGI in 2004:

CGI now:

Xenich

Post by Xenich »

I miss the days when I felt like I was under-average in terms of intellect, where I looked to others and thought... man, I want to be as smart as they are, know what they know, etc... and it drove me to learn new things, expand my understanding, etc...

Now I look around and a lot of the people are in positions that I used to think required a lot of effort and ability, but are so completely stupid they lack even the most basic concepts of rational thought. I feel way out of place for my time.
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

Xenich wrote: April 18th, 2024, 15:28
I miss the days when I felt like I was under-average in terms of intellect, where I looked to others and thought... man, I want to be as smart as they are, know what they know, etc... and it drove me to learn new things, expand my understanding, etc...

Now I look around and a lot of the people are in positions that I used to think required a lot of effort and ability, but are so completely stupid they lack even the most basic concepts of rational thought. I feel way out of place for my time.
At least you still have the HQ to make you feel stupid and inferior. :heart:
I know what you mean.