We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Nobody wants to play gay interracial propaganda slop

No RPG elements? It probably goes here!
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Nobody wants to play gay interracial propaganda slop

Post by rusty_shackleford »

I will keep this updated.

In other news, yet another knockoff video game of something people liked released and to only the surprise of gamedevs it was Very Popular.
Who knew a lot of people wanted to kill bugs on other planets while playing as space fascists?

Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Almost a chicken and egg scenario though no? The people who make gay interracial simulators tend to be unable to make good games and people who make a game where you play as cool space fascists without politisperging probably can. Baldurs Gate 3 is well known for its poz level and it was a massive success after all.
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

I keep seeing reviews on Steam saying that the SS game has poor gameplay, when everyone knows the worst sin was making Harley Quinn ugly.

Meanwhile Helldivers actually has ONE negative review in the past 90 days. It's highlighted, and nobody gives a shit and laughs at it, because it's just a guy complaining he can't play the game solo with bots.

These two games aren't even in the same league. They're probably not even made on the same planet.
Jordy

Post by Jordy »

Helldivers II looks like what a Starship Troopers game should be.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Vergil wrote: February 13th, 2024, 09:18
Almost a chicken and egg scenario though no? The people who make gay interracial simulators tend to be unable to make good games and people who make a game where you play as cool space fascists without politisperging probably can. Baldurs Gate 3 is well known for its poz level and it was a massive success after all.
Most of the pozz in BG3 is buried away in the second half of the game, which coincidentally is when the game starts falling apart and isn't well liked.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

What's the over under on Todd Howard starting a one man Kurt Cobain cover band?
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

Jordy wrote: February 13th, 2024, 09:48
Helldivers II looks like what a Starship Troopers game should be.
Yeah. Its got sony drm, though.
Humbaba

Post by Humbaba »

rusty_shackleford wrote: February 13th, 2024, 10:48
Most of the pozz in BG3 is buried away in the second half of the game, which coincidentally is when the game starts falling apart and isn't well liked.
The character creator is in the second half of the game?

-Humbaba
SoLong

Post by SoLong »

I'd go further and say it's the last third.

I could've lived with Aylin (minus her #girlboss attitude because fuck that entitled bitch) and Isobel if they made her less of an extra-special creator's pet OR less abrasive.

The part where the shield around the inn goes down if she dies (for no fucking reason except to punish you for killing off the creator's pet) is especially blatant in its favoritism. Bringing the shield down because the priestess maintaining it gets knocked out and kidnapped? Understandable. Bringing it down because some bint completely unconnected to it (who was imprisoned before the shield was even put up) croaks? Yeah, I call bullshit.

It's why I appreciate the Ser Aylin mod so much: It lets me expunge the creator's pet while giving the middle finger to whatever landwhale insisted on the blowback for killing her.
Irenaeus

Post by Irenaeus »

I hated BG3 from the appearance of the yellow bitch companion in the tutorial (watched my brother playing it), then I checked it again a couple hours and saw a gay vampire. Act 1 is incredibly pozzed, and as badly written as anything from Larian.

Give me the Harvest Fair and the silver shards from NWN2 over that over-the-top ridiculous beginning of BG3.
Last edited by Irenaeus on February 13th, 2024, 12:11, edited 1 time in total.
ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

SoLong wrote: February 13th, 2024, 11:20
I'd go further and say it's the last third.

I could've lived with Aylin (minus her #girlboss attitude because fuck that entitled bitch) and Isobel if they made her less of an extra-special creator's pet OR less abrasive.

The part where the shield around the inn goes down if she dies (for no fucking reason except to punish you for killing off the creator's pet) is especially blatant in its favoritism. Bringing the shield down because the priestess maintaining it gets knocked out and kidnapped? Understandable. Bringing it down because some bint completely unconnected to it (who was imprisoned before the shield was even put up) croaks? Yeah, I call bullshit.

It's why I appreciate the Ser Aylin mod so much: It lets me expunge the creator's pet while giving the middle finger to whatever landwhale insisted on the blowback for killing her.
That case sounds a lot like how if you try to diverge from the story by choosing to join the villains, it basically just converges to the same place anyway.
You can betray the gigadyke later & fight her.
SoLong

Post by SoLong »

ArcaneLurker wrote: February 13th, 2024, 12:13
That case sounds a lot like how if you try to diverge from the story by choosing to join the villains, it basically just converges to the same place anyway.
That still leaves the bitch alive though and she gets the last word in because she swears she'll hunt you down once she's free. She's still immortal and Lorroakan is an absolute idiot so I wouldn't trust him to keep the Mary Sue imprisoned for more than a month.
Last edited by SoLong on February 13th, 2024, 12:17, edited 1 time in total.
ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

SoLong wrote: February 13th, 2024, 12:17
ArcaneLurker wrote: February 13th, 2024, 12:13
That still leaves the bitch alive though and she gets the last word in because she swears she'll hunt you down once she's free. She's still immortal and Lorroakan is an absolute idiot so I wouldn't trust him to keep the Mary Sue imprisoned for more than a month.
I thought the wizard puts up something that prevents her immortality. She can die even when you don't betray her, just from fighting the wizard by your side. Doesn't really matter at that point, because either way, the story is almost finished by that point and she may as well not exist due to being stuck in the background at camp. She is an author's pet though.
Last edited by ArcaneLurker on February 13th, 2024, 12:24, edited 3 times in total.
SoLong

Post by SoLong »

ArcaneLurker wrote: February 13th, 2024, 12:22
I thought the wizard puts up something that prevents her immortality. She can die even when you don't betray her, just from fighting the wizard by your side. Doesn't really matter at that point, because either way, the story is almost finished by that point and she may as well not exist due to being stuck in the background at camp. She is an author's pet though.
Nah, he drains her immortality for himself but she still gets up with 1 HP each round. Her imprisonment is the same deal as Thorm did: She still can't die but whoever put her in there is also immortal.
KnightoftheWind

Post by KnightoftheWind »

Helldivers 2 seems like another fad-of-the-week game, like Palworld. Even if it was a fantastic game, zoomers just don't have the attention spans to stick with it when the newest content needs to be consoomed.