We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Final Fantasy VII Rebirth

And related anime RPGs go here.
UwU
ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

Segata Sanshiro wrote: February 24th, 2024, 21:56
ArcaneLurker wrote: February 24th, 2024, 21:37
I wouldn't be surprised if there were complaints that they don't look Bantu enough because of the anime style.
It's a usual critique coming from the SJW camp, that blacks in anime look like whites with brown paint. Seems like the only way they can be satisfied is if black characters look like this:

This must be how they see Barret.
BobT

Post by BobT »

Segata Sanshiro wrote: February 24th, 2024, 21:19
What's the point of having all this cast of animu looking characters just to insert the most realistically ugly negros one can think of? I mean yes I dislike niggers too but even on an artistic level, this clash of styles makes no sense.
I've said it before and again, it's a humiliation ritual. For both us and the niggers.

This being in FF makes me STEAMING MAD. :mad:
One of the main trio of characters you begin with is black ffs? A true 80s gigga nigga. Why was there need for any more representation, including THAT?
This isn't Final Fantasy 7 at all, it's some intentional horrible corruption of our childhood. The only fortunate thing is that these faggots can't touch my discs.
Last edited by BobT on February 25th, 2024, 04:50, edited 1 time in total.
ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

BobT wrote: February 25th, 2024, 04:48
What's the point of having all this cast of animu looking characters just to insert the most realistically ugly negros one can think of? I mean yes I dislike niggers too but even on an artistic level, this clash of styles makes no sense.
I've said it before and again, it's a humiliation ritual. For both us and the niggers.

One of the main trio of characters you begin with is black ffs? A true 80s gigga nigga. Why was there need for any more representation, including THAT?
This isn't Final Fantasy 7 at all, it's some intentional horrible corruption of our childhood. The only fortunate thing is that these faggots can't touch my discs.
Well, the creators of the original game obviously disagree.

The stuff with the gigganigga and Marlene makes me cringe, just because I know people are going to let that influence their biases rather than sane yet boring things...

Although it's an amusing caricature or stereotype, it's actually subverting the stereotype or expectations in big ways.
Considering how Barret shows no interest in Tifa or any other girl, I have to wonder where they might take this character in the new game, considering the OG story.
Last edited by ArcaneLurker on February 25th, 2024, 16:13, edited 1 time in total.
Nooneatall

Post by Nooneatall »

ArcaneLurker wrote: February 25th, 2024, 16:09
BobT wrote: February 25th, 2024, 04:48

Well, the creators of the original game obviously disagree.

The stuff with the gigganigga and Marlene makes me cringe, just because I know people are going to let that influence their biases rather than sane yet boring things...

Although it's an amusing caricature or stereotype, it's actually subverting the stereotype or expectations in big ways.
Considering how Barret shows no interest in Tifa or any other girl, I have to wonder where they might take this character in the new game, considering the OG story.
I was writing a wall of text about how the remakes are good and, in some cases, better than the originals, but who gives a shit. These games are gayer than two dudes having anal ass sex while watching Rocky Horror Picture Show.
SoLong

Post by SoLong »

Ironically I always considered Barret to be the least obnoxious black guy ever seen in a game.

Honestly I always thought that it was mostly caused by the japanese of yesteryear being so far removed from America and Africa that they didn't include any of the divershitty tropes when writing him.
ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

SoLong wrote: February 25th, 2024, 19:57
Ironically I always considered Barret to be the least obnoxious black guy ever seen in a game.

Honestly I always thought that it was mostly caused by the japanese of yesteryear being so far removed from America and Africa that they didn't include any of the divershitty tropes when writing him.
It wasn't obnoxious to me when I was a child...
BobT

Post by BobT »

SoLong wrote: February 25th, 2024, 19:57

Barret never grated on me. He was a bit of a sterotype (hotheaded 80s action movie gigga nigga), sure. But there was certainly never any "pandering" or even reference to his colour I don't think.
Even the stuff with Marlene, it's not like they made that from an interracial relationship, that was someone ELSE'S kid he felt indebted to care for (black man assuming fatherhood figure, who would have thought?).

I can only imagine what they're going to be doing with him now, going by that grotesque abomination in the screenshot above.
SoLong

Post by SoLong »

BobT wrote: February 25th, 2024, 21:33
Barret never grated on me. He was a bit of a sterotype (hotheaded 80s action movie gigga nigga), sure. But there was certainly never any "pandering" or even reference to his colour I don't think.
Even the stuff with Marlene, it's not like they made that from an interracial relationship, that was someone ELSE'S kid he felt indebted to care for (black man assuming fatherhood figure, who would have thought?).

I can only imagine what they're going to be doing with him now, going by that grotesque abomination in the screenshot above.
Precisely. Which is why his writing is so refreshing from a current year perspective.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

I wonder if even 1 person on the entire earth decided to buy FF7R because they covered up boobs
Rand

Post by Rand »

Segata Sanshiro wrote: February 22nd, 2024, 00:51
The game's story has been leaked and Squenix is going full scorched earth on every site publishing them.

Reddit bans all game leaks from now on, all games:

Gamefaqs went read-only mode for a while too because of this. Can't upload certain images/gifs to 4chan because of copyright infringement too.
Okay, so Reddit gets stupider every week is a given.
Gamefaqs? Seriously? They gonna sue them? Doubtful.

And 4chan... that's wrong in every way possible.
Why would they listen? Who would be sued? Every Anon in a warrant? LOL!
Anyway, 4chan isn't a publisher, it's a messageboard. Even US law says thay're not responsible for most if not all not illegal content?
beerhazzzard

Post by beerhazzzard »

Can't find decensored mod on based mods - anyone has a clue where it might be found? I just abhor the idea of going back 4 years post factum to change shit to align whatever it is. if it was fine for 4 years its fine.
Segata
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Segata »

Rand wrote: February 27th, 2024, 15:59
Anyway, 4chan isn't a publisher, it's a messageboard. Even US law says thay're not responsible for most if not all not illegal content?
4chan is cucked as fuck, the mods are all super shitlibs.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

on one hand, I approve of thot-b-gone
on the other hand, it's to justify libtard butthurt over attractive women rather than about women shouldn't be whores

I am conflicted.

[edit]
I suggest a compromise of having whore tifa get harassed for being a whore
Last edited by rusty_shackleford on February 27th, 2024, 16:24, edited 1 time in total.
ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

rusty_shackleford wrote: February 27th, 2024, 16:20
[edit]
I suggest a compromise of having whore tifa get harassed for being a whore
Ugly bastard NTR fan, I see...
Last edited by ArcaneLurker on February 27th, 2024, 16:26, edited 1 time in total.
Shillitron
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Shillitron »

The game's story has been leaked and Squenix is going full scorched earth on every site publishing them.
They don't want people seeing Cloud's deformed googly frog eyes until after preordering.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

Rand wrote: February 27th, 2024, 15:59

Reddit bans all game leaks from now on, all games:

Gamefaqs went read-only mode for a while too because of this. Can't upload certain images/gifs to 4chan because of copyright infringement too.
Okay, so Reddit gets stupider every week is a given.
Gamefaqs? Seriously? They gonna sue them? Doubtful.

Yes, but all the jannies are trannies. All blue boards except /an/ are worse than reddit.
ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

@BobT
https://www.nexusmods.com/finalfantasy7remake/mods/1576 :goldfish:

Rebirth looks bad. :rip:
I hate the fact that there's an entire games worth of character progression in remake and then it resets to do pretty much the same progression all over again.
Aside from that, there are a lot of noticeably poor decisions for Rebirth such as not allowing Cloud to steal underwear... and the Fujoshi shit between Cloud & Sephiroth.
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by ArcaneLurker on March 3rd, 2024, 13:45, edited 1 time in total.
Segata
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Segata »

Game is more negrified than Starfield

Last edited by Segata on March 3rd, 2024, 15:39, edited 1 time in total.
Falksi

Post by Falksi »

So has anyone played his yet, and if so what's the crack with it? Any good, or more cash-cow milking trash?
ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

Falksi wrote: March 3rd, 2024, 15:54
So has anyone played his yet, and if so what's the crack with it? Any good, or more cash-cow milking trash?
I just watched Lobos play through some of it... :lol:
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Last edited by ArcaneLurker on March 3rd, 2024, 16:44, edited 3 times in total.
Shillitron
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Shillitron »

BAHAHAHA - It's literally Ubislop..

Shillitron
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Shillitron »

Ending Spoiler.

(It's so fucking bad.. like Bollywood bad)
► Show Spoiler
ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

Shillitron wrote: March 4th, 2024, 03:26
Ending Spoiler.

(It's so fucking bad.. like Bollywood bad)
► Show Spoiler
Well, I knew that was coming, but what the hell was that? :lol: After the obvious part I have no clue what that was about.
BobT

Post by BobT »

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT, ARRRRRGHHHH.

I'm REALLY trying not to be trolled, but it's working. It's like they redesigned this shit just to piss me off. This is NOT FF7.
Piggy

Post by Piggy »

People acting all surprised when the first part was full of this shit. It's dead, Jim, your Final Fantasy VII is dead.
Breathe

Post by Breathe »

This is why I don't play remakes. If I want to experience a game again I replay it in all its original glory (or if available I add mods and randomizers).