We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Final Fantasy VII Rebirth

And related anime RPGs go here.
UwU
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Also, party AI sucks, you're expected to babysit them and essentially control all three characters. Absolutely nothing like the gambit system from FF12 which released 14 years prior.
Not like there's anywhere near enough combat to care, you're just walking through corridors slowly.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

rusty_shackleford wrote: February 9th, 2024, 15:05
Jordy wrote: February 9th, 2024, 09:44
I assume this is the first reactor unless they've changed the story that much to keep Jessie/Wedge/Biggs alive to escape Midgar? If it's the first reactor I guess they forgot this:
It's not a remake, it's a retelling.
The time jannies are a representation of the nostalgia obsessed fans demanding the same exact game be remade, they go around making sure everything goes exactly the same as they did originally when anything goes awry. I found it to be quite hilarious, but obviously it made the people it represents pretty butthurt.
Its a dig on square for banking on the same dumb characters to carry shit games.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Oyster Sauce wrote: February 9th, 2024, 03:26
BobT wrote: February 9th, 2024, 03:17
Oyster Sauce wrote: February 9th, 2024, 02:32
Coldsteel the Hedgehog's introduction.
lol wat?

Can't stand this retard, it's so embarrassing to watch. And for the record, I love the latest Death Stranding 2 trailer.
I heard they fucked around with the story too and put in some stupid spirits and dreams of Sephiroth etc. much sooner, filling it with Japanese Fever Dream elements.
It seems that you've mistaken the game for a remake, possibly because it's titled Remake, but it's not actually a remake.
Hated this character. I hate the over the top antics japanese devs nearly always shove in their games, it makes it difficult to take them seriously. Scene of the party being corralled by armed forces, being shot at and run away, woops here comes some guy on his bike jumping through the air and doing flips to knock them all out.
Nooneatall

Post by Nooneatall »

rusty_shackleford wrote: February 9th, 2024, 16:45
Oyster Sauce wrote: February 9th, 2024, 03:26

Can't stand this retard, it's so embarrassing to watch. And for the record, I love the latest Death Stranding 2 trailer.
I heard they fucked around with the story too and put in some stupid spirits and dreams of Sephiroth etc. much sooner, filling it with Japanese Fever Dream elements.
It seems that you've mistaken the game for a remake, possibly because it's titled Remake, but it's not actually a remake.
Hated this character. I hate the over the top antics japanese devs nearly always shove in their games, it makes it difficult to take them seriously. Scene of the party being corralled by armed forces, being shot at and run away, woops here comes some guy on his bike jumping through the air and doing flips to knock them all out.
Japanese devs are better than American ones but they are still weird as fuck. All their characters are like really effeminate men who can't stand up for themselves or are gay and evil. The women are usually good to look at though.
They tend to think they need to make movies and the game play is secondary just like here too though.
I really liked ff7 remakes combat for the most part
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

It isn't that the protags are effeminate, but childish, because jrpgs are mostly written for children. The eye candy is to catch all the adolescent boys and men who still play games.
Dead
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Dead »

I wish I could drive like this
BobT

Post by BobT »

Honeybee Inn was always gay as fuck, but WHAT THE FUCK IS THIISSS :headbang: :mad:
ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

BobT wrote: February 9th, 2024, 20:35
Honeybee Inn was always gay as fuck, but WHAT THE FUCK IS THIISSS :headbang: :mad:
The guy this mod replaces: https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Andrea_Rhodea
And yes, one of the gayest things I've seen. I'm surprised the bees weren't all men in drag like Cloud is by the end of it.
Last edited by ArcaneLurker on February 9th, 2024, 20:39, edited 1 time in total.
BobT

Post by BobT »

Why did they have to go THAT far and make it even worse???
ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

BobT wrote: February 9th, 2024, 20:42
"Daddy's so lonely" :lol:

Less niggers than the original. That's something? I guess.
Last edited by ArcaneLurker on February 9th, 2024, 21:09, edited 1 time in total.
BobT

Post by BobT »

ArcaneLurker wrote: February 9th, 2024, 21:08

Euuuuuurgh. Fortunately this scene wasn't direct part of the main game. Even missed it completely the first time around. Still though if anything that's one bit that could have been gotten rid of, not being made even MORE gay with overly extended dance scenes etc. Less niggers is one minor plus I guess.. I bet the new bit is part of the main storyline and unmissable now, too?

Again, just remaster the fucking original and leave it as is, warts an' all. I don't understand the tampering.

Are there any other gayasfuck bits in the original? My brain mostly scarred over this one.
Last edited by BobT on February 9th, 2024, 21:22, edited 2 times in total.
ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

BobT wrote: February 9th, 2024, 21:18
ArcaneLurker wrote: February 9th, 2024, 21:08

Euuuuuurgh. Fortunately this scene wasn't direct part of the main game. Even missed it completely the first time around. Still though if anything that's one bit that could have been gotten rid of, not being made even MORE gay with overly extended dance scenes etc. Less niggers is one minor plus I guess.. I bet the new bit is part of the main storyline and unmissable now, too?

Again, just remaster the fucking original and leave it as is, warts an' all. I don't understand the tampering.
Glad I missed it, since I was a kid when I played it.
And you're right, that whole dance GayPride Party, plus the minigame, is not optional like the old Mukki scene, which is easy to miss. It's the replacement for Cloud getting makeup from the bee women, his 'disguise' is completed by the end.

Hm... It's hard to top gigatwink Cloud (potentially) being molested... and then being forced into drag to save Tifa.
I don't think there was anything else like that in Disc 2/3.
Last edited by ArcaneLurker on February 9th, 2024, 21:30, edited 2 times in total.
KnightoftheWind

Post by KnightoftheWind »

It's strange how a lot of their degeneracy is waved away, even by "our guys". So much of Japanese games/media feature young, effeminate men as protagonists, and I have heard their history includes a lot of sodomy too, which could explain a lot of this stuff.

Sad that our "best" media would come from a place like this.
BobT

Post by BobT »

That is true. That's why I like the games that feature normal hetrosexual relationships (Xenogears). Bit of Freudian weirdness there of course, but still..
Final Fantasy usually just has the typical harem nonsense.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

I'm glad I only play western games, where there's no gay stuff at all!
KnightoftheWind

Oyster Sauce wrote: February 9th, 2024, 22:08
I didn't say that, but I am saying that Japan isn't much better. On a surface level they are, but it doesn't take much to see the same "message" embedded into their stuff.
KnightoftheWind

BobT wrote: February 9th, 2024, 22:06
That is true. That's why I like the games that feature normal hetrosexual relationships (Xenogears). Bit of Freudian weirdness there of course, but still..
That would be fine if Xenogears wasn't as fun as watching paint dry.
ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

KnightoftheWind wrote: February 9th, 2024, 22:11
BobT

Post by BobT »

ArcaneLurker wrote: February 9th, 2024, 22:15
KnightoftheWind wrote: February 9th, 2024, 22:11
What the fuck is this shit? And why do the voiceovers sound like average bro youtube commentators?
KnightoftheWind

That's another thing about Japanese games, their characters rarely shut up :lol:
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

KnightoftheWind wrote: February 9th, 2024, 21:55
It's strange how a lot of their degeneracy is waved away, even by "our guys". So much of Japanese games/media feature young, effeminate men as protagonists, and I have heard their history includes a lot of sodomy too, which could explain a lot of this stuff.

Sad that our "best" media would come from a place like this.
deluded weebs, they especially love whataboutism
Oyster Sauce wrote: February 9th, 2024, 22:08
see?
Jordy

Post by Jordy »

I don't even know if the effeminate and gay stuff can be aimed at the FF series. Maybe modern FFVII (from Advent Children onwards) but up until then I can't think of anything.

Edit - Wall Market weirdness aside... ahem.
Last edited by Jordy on February 9th, 2024, 22:31, edited 1 time in total.
BobT

Post by BobT »

Well they did go from being "punky grumpy boy with grouchy old adviser", to full-on "fruity boy with suave handsome ally".
See..
to
Jordy

Post by Jordy »

Haha yeah that picture of Vaan is questionable but in game didn't come across as fruity from what I remember.
  • FFVII - Wall street aside I don't think there's much else like that in the game that I can remember. You'd have to use your imagination with the graphics to point out an effeminate character.
  • FFVIII - No gay stuff I can remember. You could argue Laguna/Squall being effeminate but I think that would be a push.
  • FFIX - No gay stuff I can remember. Chibi style shit so not even sure where to start with this.
  • FFX - No gay stuff I can remember. Tidus could be seen as effeminate but imo he's just a boy. Seymour is questionable.
  • FFXII - Nothing I can think of apart from the Vaan picture above.
  • FFXIII - Nothing I can think of.
Last edited by Jordy on February 9th, 2024, 22:43, edited 3 times in total.
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

East Asians are more androgynous by default, so I don't think it's that strange that their protagonists, who are typically young, don't look extremely masculine by western standards.
Last edited by WhiteShark on February 10th, 2024, 13:40, edited 1 time in total.
Segata
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Segata »

Jordy wrote: February 9th, 2024, 22:41
FFVIII - No gay stuff I can remember