Dignify 3.1.0 — Baldur's Gate 3

Share things you've made or found for games here.
User avatar
RK-9
Posts: 25
Joined: Dec 7, '23

Post by RK-9 »

orinEsque wrote: February 7th, 2024, 18:02
Perhaps the process of unclothing the female is more interesting than having it bare naked from the start? I don't know, :S
100% correct, much-like in real life, men do not usually respect women who expose their bodies from the start. It is 1000x more gratifying to build a meaningful relationship and EARN a woman's trust to see them with little or no clothes. Same thing can be applied to game characters, obviously the depth won't be like real life, but the effort is appreciated nonetheless. For non-romance-able characters, personally, I do prefer that they dress modestly as apposed to this idea of "Well, you can't romance them, so to make up for it we'll let you see their body right now anyways" - it's more fun to let my imagination do the heavy lifting.

This conversation sparks a thought: I do wish there was a mod that would prevent the player from completely undressing companions while retaining the nudity in their romance scenes. Additionally, replace distasteful undergarments with much more modest ones... You might be thinking "Just have some self-control dude, it's your decision to undress them." - No, not necessarily. I've ran into situations where I want to swap armor around, and one of my companions ends up nearly nude. This seems highly unrealistic while out adventuring - I seriously doubt, if these companions had any agency, that they'd be OK with just hanging out in very revealing garments.

Tags:
User avatar
orinEsque
Posts: 1157
Joined: Oct 9, '23
Location: USA

Post by orinEsque »

RK-9 wrote: February 8th, 2024, 14:56
orinEsque wrote: February 7th, 2024, 18:02
Perhaps the process of unclothing the female is more interesting than having it bare naked from the start? I don't know, :S
100% correct, much-like in real life, men do not usually respect women who expose their bodies from the start. It is 1000x more gratifying to build a meaningful relationship and EARN a woman's trust to see them with little or no clothes. Same thing can be applied to game characters, obviously the depth won't be like real life, but the effort is appreciated nonetheless. For non-romance-able characters, personally, I do prefer that they dress modestly as apposed to this idea of "Well, you can't romance them, so to make up for it we'll let you see their body right now anyways" - it's more fun to let my imagination do the heavy lifting.

This conversation sparks a thought: I do wish there was a mod that would prevent the player from completely undressing companions while retaining the nudity in their romance scenes. Additionally, replace distasteful undergarments with much more modest ones... You might be thinking "Just have some self-control dude, it's your decision to undress them." - No, not necessarily. I've ran into situations where I want to swap armor around, and one of my companions ends up nearly nude. This seems highly unrealistic while out adventuring - I seriously doubt, if these companions had any agency, that they'd be OK with just hanging out in very revealing garments.
I can give everyone permanent underwear or anti nudity leaf actually that don't interfere show up with cinematics. Now that you mention it, it also felt like an awkward breach of privacy when i accidentally unclothed my companions in the middle of the city.

I'll have to think about what to do with the distasteful underwear thing. Might be more effort than its worth because for each model you gotta edit it for each race, gender and musculature.
Last edited by orinEsque on February 8th, 2024, 15:48, edited 6 times in total.
User avatar
Shillitron
Posts: 1284
Joined: Feb 6, '23
Location: ADL Head Office

Post by Shillitron »

orinEsque wrote: February 6th, 2024, 23:42
Quesion:
Lady Oberon looks like she's from Calimshan and may wear more revealing clothing with all the jewellery and all. I am considering restoring her outfit, what do you think?
Image
Calishite whores revealing their legs? Does her Djinn pasha allow this Haram behavior??

By the will of Talos, behead her - Inshallah.
User avatar
RK-9
Posts: 25
Joined: Dec 7, '23

Post by RK-9 »

orinEsque wrote: February 8th, 2024, 15:36
I can give everyone permanent underwear or anti nudity leaf actually that don't interfere show up with cinematics. Now that you mention it, it also felt like an awkward breach of privacy when i accidentally unclothed my companions in the middle of the city.
Permanent underwear that does not show up in cut scenes is likely the easiest and least intrusive option, would completely negate my mod request from earlier too!
Last edited by RK-9 on February 8th, 2024, 18:00, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
orinEsque
Posts: 1157
Joined: Oct 9, '23
Location: USA

Post by orinEsque »

:toot: :toot: UPDATE Version 1.0.1 :toot: :toot:
  • Added normal pants to Astarion, Gale & Noblemen instead of those slutty cowboy pants. The mods are separate so you can decide whether to keep them wearing gay-ass pants or not.
  • Changed name of Dignify to Dignify: Ladies. For consistency with other parts of the mod pack. Please delete Dignify.pak first before adding Dignify:Ladies
Last edited by orinEsque on February 8th, 2024, 23:44, edited 3 times in total.
User avatar
orinEsque
Posts: 1157
Joined: Oct 9, '23
Location: USA

Post by orinEsque »

GOW LIKE A BOSS wrote: February 8th, 2024, 23:41
@orinEsque Should we delete Dignify.pak?
yes. sorry bout name change
User avatar
GOW LIKE A BOSS
Posts: 100
Joined: Dec 6, '23

Post by GOW LIKE A BOSS »

All good; it makes sense why. Just wanted to double check
User avatar
orinEsque
Posts: 1157
Joined: Oct 9, '23
Location: USA

Post by orinEsque »

:bounce: Version 2.0 :bounce:
  • Added the NoPublicNudity mod pack! You can no longer strip your Companions naked
  • Shadowhearts and Laezel's naked state now gives you more appropriate underwear. Default underwears untouched.
  • A separate mod for vanilla Wyll and Wylls of Toril.
Thanks to @Crusaderknight20 for finding that Minthara UUID and help with testing.
Last edited by orinEsque on February 10th, 2024, 05:04, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
orinEsque
Posts: 1157
Joined: Oct 9, '23
Location: USA

Post by orinEsque »

👗 Update Version 3.0 👗
  • Three more Noblewomen dresses now have an off white skirt covering their legs. Basically used the front of Mizora's dress.
  • Cloth Physics works on this one too!
ImageImage

Note: If you want me to port this so you can wear it on your Tav, you'll have to put up with legs cropping through the skirt when you run, proper physics was never added to the vanilla dress : :headbang:

Lastly the NoPublicNudity actually turned out to be NoNudity. Companions seem to keep pants on during romance scenes... if i can't fix it, you'll have to get a Dragon Age:Origin style underwear-on sex scenes ;)
Last edited by orinEsque on February 11th, 2024, 20:45, edited 3 times in total.
User avatar
orinEsque
Posts: 1157
Joined: Oct 9, '23
Location: USA

Post by orinEsque »

Oh and heres some noble shadowheart pictures:

ImageImageImage
Last edited by orinEsque on February 11th, 2024, 20:40, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
orinEsque
Posts: 1157
Joined: Oct 9, '23
Location: USA

Post by orinEsque »

Dear users,
I want to remove tattoos from nobles and other NPCs (where it makes sense) to Dignify them. I have already noticed the noble lady with the horrific modern graffiti like tattoo. Report any other.

Image
Last edited by orinEsque on February 12th, 2024, 03:47, edited 3 times in total.
User avatar
The_Mask
Posts: 1545
Joined: Feb 6, '23
Location: The land of ice and snow

Post by The_Mask »

orinEsque wrote: February 11th, 2024, 20:40
Oh and heres some noble shadowheart pictures:

ImageImageImage
OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD~!

:oops: :oops: :oops:
User avatar
Oldtimer
Posts: 11
Joined: Jan 15, '24

Post by Oldtimer »

Make Baldurs Gate 3 great (not again, but for the first time).
Envuen
Posts: 21
Joined: Jan 17, '24

Post by Envuen »

Oh woah yet another mod to make the game objectively better. Well done!
User avatar
DagothGeas5
Posts: 247
Joined: Dec 13, '23

Post by DagothGeas5 »

orinEsque wrote: February 14th, 2024, 19:54
Small Update
Image
Tattoo removed.
She looks like a goblin in the before picture XD
User avatar
orinEsque
Posts: 1157
Joined: Oct 9, '23
Location: USA

Post by orinEsque »

DagothGeas5 wrote: February 15th, 2024, 18:16
orinEsque wrote: February 14th, 2024, 19:54
Small Update
Image
Tattoo removed.
She looks like a goblin in the before picture XD
I don't understand how having a filthy tattoo on a woman's face make her fit in within high society!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:
User avatar
BobT
Posts: 407
Joined: Jan 29, '24
Location: USA

Post by BobT »

orinEsque wrote: February 15th, 2024, 18:25
DagothGeas5 wrote: February 15th, 2024, 18:16
orinEsque wrote: February 14th, 2024, 19:54
Small Update
Image
Tattoo removed.
She looks like a goblin in the before picture XD
I don't understand how having a filthy tattoo on a woman's face make her fit in within high society!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:
Objectively looks so much better now, especially with that hair. (lol at it clipping through the ear though, come on, Larian..)
User avatar
Ty6
Posts: 74
Joined: Dec 6, '23

Post by Ty6 »

orinEsque wrote: February 14th, 2024, 19:54
Small Update
Image
Tattoo removed.
Tattoo is still present in in-game potrait.
User avatar
orinEsque
Posts: 1157
Joined: Oct 9, '23
Location: USA

Post by orinEsque »

Ty6 wrote: February 18th, 2024, 23:54
orinEsque wrote: February 14th, 2024, 19:54
Small Update
Image
Tattoo removed.
Tattoo is still present in in-game potrait.
will add a portrait!
User avatar
Luckmann
Hamster
Hamster
Posts: 216
Joined: Feb 6, '23
Location: Scanian Lowlands, National Republic of Scandinavia

Post by Luckmann »

I had no idea anyone considered chaps/leg-protectors immodest, let alone "slutty cowboy pants". :lol:

Them and similar things have been "things" historically. The only thing I feel """BG""""""3""" does "wrong" when it comes to the men's legwear is that sometimes it appears as if the fabric is on top of leather (noticeable on Astarion in the OP), which doesn't make any sense, as the reason for wearing these as part of your legwear was to protect the pants themselves from getting dirty or torn, by wearing non-chafing leather on top of them, without wearing full leather pants, which were/is uncomfortable.

So while I think that the dignification of the female clothes is great, this is one of the very few cases where I'll actually stick to the base game for reasons of verisimilitude, which feels almost surreal. :Inspector:
Last edited by Luckmann on February 22nd, 2024, 08:26, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
orinEsque
Posts: 1157
Joined: Oct 9, '23
Location: USA

Post by orinEsque »

Luckmann wrote: February 21st, 2024, 16:37
I had no idea anyone considered chaps/leg-protectors immodest, let alone "slutty cowboy pants". :lol:

Them and similar things have been "things" historically. The only thing I feel """BG""""""3""" does "wrong" when it comes to the men's legwear is that sometimes it appears as if the fabric is on top of leather (noticeable on Astarion in the OP), which doesn't make any sense, as the reason for wearing these as part of your legwear was to protect the pants themselves from getting dirty or torn by wearing leather on top of them, without wearing full leather pants, which were/is uncomfortable.

So while I think that the dignification of the female clothes is great, this is one of the very few cases where I'll actually stick to the base game for reasons of verisimilitude, which feels almost surreal. :Inspector:
And this [the subjective nature of it] is why the mod is modular :D. Enjoy!
Last edited by orinEsque on February 21st, 2024, 16:42, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Porcelyn
Posts: 3
Joined: Jan 11, '24

Post by Porcelyn »

Thank you for fixing the pants, They were so frustrating to dye.
Post Reply