We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Steam Next Fest: Demonstrating Demos, Demoed and Demoing

No RPG elements? It probably goes here!
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Steam Next Fest: Demonstrating Demos, Demoed and Demoing

Post by rusty_shackleford »

You guys download any demos?

Potentially interesting games:

This one is from the Curse of Feldar Vale devs (@Acrux recommended that game iirc)

Geneforge 2, very noice

System-Shock like immersy simmy RPG?

Pure RUSSJANK inject it into my VEINS
Alien invaders invaded the planet, having exterminated most of the population, humanity, being on the verge of annihilation, united the armies and gave a serious rebuff to the enemy. After several years of war, the climate on the planet has changed. The military founded fortifications.

another immy simmy, this one obviously inspired by doosex

More slavjank?

I think this is just a re-release of one of those russian sea dogs games?
Last edited by rusty_shackleford on February 6th, 2024, 11:19, edited 1 time in total.
Roguey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Roguey »

Corpus Edax is awful on all fronts. More inspired by The Outer Worlds than Deus Ex, incredibly boring, incredibly buggy, and incredibly pozzed (nonbinary option in character creation, TTN is immediately after you leave character creation).
Ratcatcher
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Ratcatcher »

rusty_shackleford wrote: February 6th, 2024, 12:19
First ~30 minute impression is that it's fun.
And you still have different stuff to see in game after ~30 minutes? Impressive, for this kind of game.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

my spacetrucker handle is Rusty Cargo.
do not deadname me.
Last edited by rusty_shackleford on February 6th, 2024, 12:37, edited 2 times in total.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

First face: woman. First voice: woman. First impression: trash.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

maidenhaver wrote: February 6th, 2024, 14:13
First face: woman. First voice: woman. First impression: trash.
What game?
Definitely not Star Trucker, because you get contacted by a male right as the game starts.
Last edited by rusty_shackleford on February 6th, 2024, 15:48, edited 2 times in total.
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

Anyone want to play Dungeonborne? Its basically tarkov in a dungeon lol
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

Vendir: Plague of Lies is a mobile game.

I highly recommend the Dark Tower and the two previous games, but since the release is planned later this year, it's probably better to wait. The dev is really good about backporting features added to the later games back into the previous ones.

Jeff must have just added the Geneforge 2 page yesterday, as I resumed playing the G1 remake this weekend and checked on the update. G1 remake is pretty good overall, if you accept the limits of the framework Jeff decides to work in.

Downloaded the demo for this "survival imm sim" but haven't played it. The Youtube game guy who talks to much played it yesterday.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

I played the Tribes 3 demo. Locks you into the 4v4 mode until you play enough rounds, then you unlock the 7v7 mode, then the 12v12. Not interested in shitty console match sizes, so I only played one game. Afterwards I found out that "Prophecy Games" is just a HiRez smokescreen - the studios are literally 1 minute apart from each other and every PG employee is a former HiRez employee. Nice try, fellas!
It's another game that doesn't have any text chat whatsoever, by the way.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Nammu Archag wrote: February 6th, 2024, 17:05
Out of all the demos I tried this was the only one that looked like it might pass as a real video game in some universe. They locked the cool skeletons behind a log in bonus though fuck that.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

Looks exactly like Dark and Darker
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

Oyster Sauce wrote: February 6th, 2024, 22:28
Looks exactly like Dark and Darker
Because it is. Pretty fun so far but you basically need a team
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

So far, out of the demos available, I've played: Dungeonborne, Lightyear Frontier, Soulmask, Synergy, Lonely Space, Realm of Ink, and Monomyth.

Dungeonborne is just Dark and Darker as stated except not made by koreans, so far the only standout. Lightyear Frontier is a farming sim akin to slime rancher except you have a mech. The alien world is pretty but the solarpunk aesthetic is meh and the game doesn't have any killing, so no animal husbandry or anything like that. Soulmask is literally just a Conan Exiles clone. Synergy has a cool art direction but not much beyond that as far as settlement builders go. Lonely Space seems like a joke, extremely ugly, janky, and all the voices are shitty ai, not even elevenlabs ones either. It's just bad. Pretty sure its just a bunch of ripped assets as well. Realm of Ink has an okay art style but you are locked into playing a woman so didn't play much of it after tutorial. Monomyth is meh so far, don't really have much to say on it. Still have a few more demos to try but so far mostly meh or not my type of games besides Dungeonborne.

Post by 1998 »

rusty_shackleford wrote: February 6th, 2024, 10:21

I think this is just a re-release of one of those russian sea dogs games?
Just the same developer, of at least some these games. Not too sure, never played them.

But this is also coming out soon

Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

Only game I played that I would consider "ok". Deep Rock Galactic/Vermintide knockoff with physics goofery.