We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Pathfinder: Wrath of the Retarded hate thread

For discussing role-playing video games, you know, the ones with combat.
Fedora Master
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Fedora Master »

The way I would have run the House is as a more RP/skill heavy dungeon where you have various options to either set the inhabitants against each other or ally with them. The Wild Hunt for example aren*t mindless cannon fodder, let me talk to them and either rules-lawyer myself out of a fight (Lawful) or set them against someone else (Chaotic). Stuff like that. This also creates a nice theme of paying back the dryad with the same bullshit she used on you.
Vic

Post by Vic »

why are people still surprised that massively popular games are shit? If you design something for mass appeal you create a mass product with cookie cutter gameplay elements and story. It becomes a game made by a corporation and not by individuals who want to create a game they themselves want to play.

If you want good RPGs go indie and stay away from hype.
Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Tweed »

I curse the day I backed this on the Codex. I still haven't tried it yet.
Stavrophore

Post by Stavrophore »

If only owlcat removed prebuffing, they could take some notes from KotC 2. I've played some of wrathfinder months ago, but waiting for all the patches. It still wasn't polished and i hope they remove that HOMM minigame alltogether or make it optional without sacrificing stuff.
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

Their music is always good. If anything, Russians still make decent classical music.

The rest of the game? Up to debate.
Segata
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Segata »

Shortly afterwards:

>Wow, what a noble company listening to their players! It really was just a minor technical detail and they weren't really gladly going to sell every detail they could if nobody had noticed, haha.
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

Perfidious Cyprus.
Humbaba

Post by Humbaba »

This is now a Wrathfinder LOVE thread.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

I can't believe nobody is discussing the highly anticipated "A Dance of Masks" DLC that lets you go on dates with your companions!

DagothGeas5

Post by DagothGeas5 »

Oyster Sauce wrote: May 10th, 2024, 01:01
I can't believe nobody is discussing the highly anticipated "A Dance of Masks" DLC that lets you go on dates with your companions!

The colors are off, but that intro scene with the flags reminds me of something :scratch:
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

This is what developers are going to take away from BG3, by the way. Not the extreme reactivity. not the player freedom or well-done exploration.
Gay romances.
Xenich

Post by Xenich »

rusty_shackleford wrote: May 10th, 2024, 11:03

This is what developers are going to take away from BG3, by the way. Not the extreme reactivity. not the player freedom or well-done exploration.
Gay romances.
It is not like most studios were not gunning for this type of content anyway.
Xenich

Post by Xenich »

Segata wrote: July 25th, 2023, 09:39

Shortly afterwards:

>Wow, what a noble company listening to their players! It really was just a minor technical detail and they weren't really gladly going to sell every detail they could if nobody had noticed, haha.
Yep, completely out of touch with their audience and the fact that they push on anyway suggests this isn't some natural response to the market.
Dunadan

Post by Dunadan »

Gay romances.
This is supposed to be the last DLC for Wrath, is it not?
Dunadan

Post by Dunadan »

Acrux wrote: May 10th, 2024, 15:19
Yes, the nightmare will soon be over.
I'm working on it.

Here's a preview of a future update for Wokeless Wrath:

SoLong

Post by SoLong »

They're STILL making DLC for the game?

It wasn't outright awful but figuring out which build to use (amongst the absolute flood of options) was a nightmare, the companion quests are unsatisfying and any evil path turns you into an idiot.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

SoLong wrote: May 11th, 2024, 01:27

They're STILL making DLC for the game?

It wasn't outright awful but figuring out which build to use (amongst the absolute flood of options) was a nightmare, the companion quests are unsatisfying and any evil path turns you into an idiot.
Rogueytrader seems to have sold under expectations — less than half as many reviews as Wrath of the Righteous. Not surprised, it's very mediocre leaning towards bad.
Vlajdimir Ermenović

Post by Vlajdimir Ermenović »

Gay romances.
Romances were a mistake. Who plays video games to ship himself with his elf waifus? Are you a 12 year old girl?

WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

Vlajdimir Ermenović wrote: May 15th, 2024, 23:28
Who plays video games to ship himself with his elf waifus? Are you a 12 year old girl?
I don't think it's 12 year old girls shipping themselves with elf waifus...
Vlajdimir Ermenović

Post by Vlajdimir Ermenović »

WhiteShark wrote: May 15th, 2024, 23:33
Who plays video games to ship himself with his elf waifus? Are you a 12 year old girl?
You know what I meant.
anonusername

Post by anonusername »

WhiteShark wrote: May 15th, 2024, 23:33
12 year old girls are shipping themselves with elf husbandos. Just google "LOTR fanfiction" if you don't believe me.