We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

The Elder Scrolls

For discussing role-playing video games, you know, the ones with combat.
Element

Post by Element »

Who was responsible for the drastic changes to the races between Daggerfall and Morrowind btw? Khajeets went from humans with lion tails into what I imagine a panther would look like on the island of Dr Moreau. Argonians became more dragon-ly, less monstrous. Wood elves, described as tall, become midgets.

Tags:
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

If only this came out a couple of months prior, we could have played it instead of Starwind :smug:

Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Wow an alienslof total conversion mod.

EDIT: This is pure 2003 SOVL btw
Last edited by Vergil on March 18th, 2024, 21:40, edited 1 time in total.
Element

Post by Element »

Replaying Morrowind again. Stumbled upon that infamous sermon of vivec's. Fourteen.
First line - Vivec lay with Molag Bal for eighty days and eight
Hmm :scratch:
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Element wrote: March 18th, 2024, 21:49
Replaying Morrowind again. Stumbled upon that infamous sermon of vivec's. Fourteen.
He literally sucked him off and then spit out his cum which turned into demons. Learn the lore newfag...
Element

Post by Element »

Vergil wrote: March 18th, 2024, 21:51
He literally sucked him off and then spit out his cum which turned into demons. Learn the lore newfag...
I know vivec is a troon faggot.
Not what Im talking about. :scratch:
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Element wrote: March 18th, 2024, 21:55
I know vivec is a troon faggot.
Not what Im talking about. :scratch:
Kek I didn't notice I get what you're saying now.
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

Learn the lore newfag...
A troon writer, an egotistical foid, and a transhumanist nerd betray a righteous leader and subvert his people from the true gods via propaganda and deceit. What did they mean by this...
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

The Mirror is my favorite of the 3 books I've ever read in TES. Runners up are the feast poisoning one and the LAM.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

Element wrote: March 12th, 2024, 15:32
Who was responsible for the drastic changes to the races between Daggerfall and Morrowind btw? Khajeets went from humans with lion tails into what I imagine a panther would look like on the island of Dr Moreau. Argonians became more dragon-ly, less monstrous. Wood elves, described as tall, become midgets.
Everybody did stuff on the races, but I think Gary Noonan was the khajiit forms guy. I don't want to search TIL.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Oyster Sauce wrote: March 18th, 2024, 22:10
The Mirror is my favorite of the 3 books I've ever read in TES. Runners up are the feast poisoning one and the LAM.
I like the one where the thieves try to do a heist and it turns out the castle is a vampire coven. I even plagiarized it almost word for word for a writing context in elementary school. :mrgreen:
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

The Ruins of Kemel Ze. Or was it Gardens?
Last edited by maidenhaver on March 18th, 2024, 22:16, edited 1 time in total.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Oblivion is great and all bethesda needed to do was tweak some of it's problem areas in the follow up game but instead bethesda followed their typical path of just ripping out anything that had problems in the past game instead of fixing/iterating upon them and streamlining the next even further.
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

haha this thing is still alive

Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

Does any Elder Scrolls game feature mixed race families? There's that book with the whole "children inherit the race of the mother" detail but I don't know if it's ever been shown in game.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Oyster Sauce wrote: March 26th, 2024, 02:45
Does any Elder Scrolls game feature mixed race families? There's that book with the whole "children inherit the race of the mother" detail but I don't know if it's ever been shown in game.
Technically, any Breton family Morrowind or later after Morrowind retcons bretons into elf-mutts.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

rusty_shackleford wrote: March 26th, 2024, 02:48
Technically, any Breton family Morrowind or later after Morrowind retcons bretons into elf-mutts.
And then no other race ever mixed again? Seems weird when Skyrim is barely 50% Nord.
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

Oyster Sauce wrote: March 26th, 2024, 02:51
And then no other race ever mixed again? Seems weird when Skyrim is barely 50% Nord.
Are you talking about mixed-race individuals or couples? Families hardly exist in say Skyrim.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

Nammu Archag wrote: March 26th, 2024, 02:57

Are you talking about mixed-race individuals or couples? Families hardly exist in say Skyrim.
There are 44 young children in Skyrim, not counting adults with living parents.
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

Oyster Sauce wrote: March 26th, 2024, 03:00
Nammu Archag wrote: March 26th, 2024, 02:57

There are 44 young children in Skyrim, not counting adults with living parents.
well a third of them are orphans and all are humans since they didn't bother to make me or beast children. As for couples, I can't think of any in Skyrim at the moment.
Last edited by Nammu Archag on March 26th, 2024, 03:08, edited 1 time in total.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

Vergil wrote: March 31st, 2024, 00:29
@Envergence what am I looking at here
Just noticed the faded title at the top they forget to erase
ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

ArcaneLurker wrote: March 31st, 2024, 00:32
Good catch. Imagine living 30+ years as a half-vampire with literally no side effects besides being really strong and wanting to die because of it.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Interesting that TES goes by rabbinic law when it comes to deciding familial descent.
ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

Oyster Sauce wrote: March 31st, 2024, 00:41
ArcaneLurker wrote: March 31st, 2024, 00:32
Good catch. Imagine living 30+ years as a half-vampire with literally no side effects besides being really strong and wanting to die because of it.
He's already something filthy & evil, being an orc.
Envergence

Post by Envergence »

Vergil wrote: March 31st, 2024, 00:29
@Envergence what am I looking at here
Well, there's a daedroth playing the lute, and some other daedra playing drums. Seems pretty clear-cut to me!
► Show Spoiler