We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

The Elder Scrolls

For discussing role-playing video games, you know, the ones with combat.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Emphyrio wrote: February 2nd, 2024, 00:36
just found out that Kikebride wrote Pelinal Whitestrake as a faggot. Seems to be a recurring theme for him.
You're telling me the guy who wrote Vivec as a literal tranny god who blows demons made a character gay... no... it can't be...

Tags:
Rand

Post by Rand »

What too many shooms does to a twit.
Red7

Post by Red7 »

if only my skyrim follower mod could display at same time so many dialouge options like in morrowind. i feel like fucking retard scrolling down for 15 seconds. its like, ok here is "your filthy mouth options" then lower couple variants of raping her, then strip options, show off your tits option... of fuck i scrolled too far need to go up for the manhandling section. like wtf. i enter morrownd dialouge and i see like 30 options all together in neat fucking window that i can adjust whatever the fuck i like.

fucking console cancer. still at least is not as lame as oblvion. obvlion seem to be combination of worst from morrowind and skyrim.
Wretch

Post by Wretch »

Vergil wrote: January 29th, 2024, 09:37
@Wretch wanted me to post my current Oblivion mod list if I ever got it to a decent state so I figured I'd go ahead and post it here. This won't "fix" Oblivion if you don't like it but it does soften the dissonance going from Morrowind to Oblivion (at least for me personally). Just some quality of life things missed from Morrowind and some bandaids to try and stem the bleeding of some of Oblivion's big problems. I've kinda split this into three sections that were the main things I wanted to tackle going into this playthrough. As far as how it runs it runs about as well as you can expect Oblivion to on PC. Even with all the stability mods playing purely vanilla Oblivion is still gonna result in a ton of crashes.
Gameplay overhauls:
► Show Spoiler
These do a lot to mitigate some of the pure pain that Oblivion combat becomes (especially as a magic user) and makes the level scaling less retarded. Supreme Magicka also adds in some spells like Mark/Recall, Divine Intervention and levitate the later which which goes well with the opened up cities. Nothing super major because I still wanted to play Oblivion that still mostly felt like Oblivion and didn't radically change a bunch of stuff like the commonly recommended Obscuro's or Mankar's overhauls.
Ecnonomy:
► Show Spoiler
These just make it to where merchants behave like Morrowind where you're actually bartering instead of them having a set amount of infinite gold (which makes Oblivion's economy the fucking worst of the series btw). Also added unlimited training so you aren't limited 5 per level and can use training as your primary money sink once you start making lots of money which vanilla Oblivion gives you nothing meaningful to spend on outside of your house. A large part of the "gameplay loot" for me when I play Morrowind is doing quests/dungeons to make gold to spend on training my character which you can't really do effectively in vanilla Oblivion.
Quality of Life updates:
► Show Spoiler
Just wanted to say a heartfelt thanks for this. I'm finishing up installing these and really looking forwards to my next playthrough. This is my wife's favorite game both to watch and play as well.

Also wanted to thank you for letting me know about the Jak and Daxter pc fan ports. I have been playing Jak 2 a bit here and there and it's super good and I look forwards to introducing them to my son who is already having fun watching me play.

I know it's a lot to ask but if you ever have time could you maybe do a TTW New Vegas one? I have been thinking a lot about putting one together myself (and surely will eventually) but figured you might have some really good tips. I saw the post game NV and some sort of living world mod and got pretty interested in it combined with TTW but realized I might be out of my league trying to work it all out.
Last edited by Wretch on February 8th, 2024, 02:44, edited 1 time in total.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

Coomer game full of naked cat an lizard women, numerous references to drug use, references to sodomy and rape, glorification of violence, a sexpest, a coomer who fucks his clone daughters, body horror, designed by an avowed satanist. Truly a wholesome, Christian game.
ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

KnightoftheWind wrote: January 27th, 2024, 04:54
Fans of Soygerfall tend to, ironically, be zoomers who want to be contrarian and go for the whole quirky "OMG Daggerfall is the REAL Elder Scrolls!" thing. I don't buy any of it, the game is crap and has aged like old milk even with mods. Borderline unplayable.

Morrowind was a big step in the right direction, but it wasn't made all that well which is a common pattern with Bethesda games, and so didn't really get to shine as well as it could have. The combat is very sloppy and the polish is lacking. Improved with mods of course, but talking strictly Vanilla it's adove average at best, but it can't be compared to it's contemperaries like Gothic which really surprised me a while back. Oblivion is my personal favorite, it's the coziest and the most fun, but it's combat is probably the worst. Very unsatisfying. People tend to prioritize Magic because to focus on Melee means to focus on a very broken and unsatisfying combat system. Characters feel like sponges, to say the least, and fighting gets tedious. But the quests are memorable and the cinematic-style of storytelling made it stick with you more.

Skyrim is the most refined from a combat perspective, but lost any trace of the old RPG mechanics which some people really dislike, but it survives because it still has the Elder Scrolls magic of big open world with eyecatching scenery, and a stellar soundtrack courtesy of Jeremy Soule. But it's perhaps aged the worst, because unlike Oblivion the quests themselves leave a lot to be desired. It needs to be modded in order to be properly enjoyed, but at that point you might as well be praising the Creation Engine itself over Skyrim as a game.
I played 10 minutes of Daggerfall then gave up, painfully clunky with the mouse dragging swipes.
The dialogue system is still unique though, enough to get me wondering how it works. The randomised landscapes between cities is a feat for the time but "meh" now.

It's great how, in Oblivion, you can cast on the fly. Running around Skyrim with your hands out like Palpatine seems silly. Things like that make it more enjoyable.
KnightoftheWind wrote: January 27th, 2024, 04:54
Where do I think the series is headed now?, I'm about 70% sure the next game will be set in Hammerfell and features all sorts of black KANGZ. The cities and towns will be depicted as spotless and organized, and the main villains will likely be some flavor of Imperial, Nord and/or High Elf. Who are attempting to encroach on Wakanda and steal it's resources. And you, as a carbon copy of Marvel's Black Panther, will probably hail from some kind of royal background and will fight to reclaim your throne and shape the provnce in your own image. Do you side with the wypipo? (cringe), or do you become an Afrofuturist and kick them out? (ESG approved). If it's not set in Hammerfell, which will be shocking to me, it'll likely be in the Summerset Isles where they may attempt to piggyback off the storyline established in Skyrim. It won't mention the outcome of the Civil War plotline or anything, but the Thalmor will take centre stage nonetheless.
I predict the same thing. Todd wants to relive the glory days of "TES Adventures: Redguard," which is what he was focused on whilst other people were making Morrowind.
The date has been pushed back even further now, so it's clear they assumed it was too much of a trainwreck after what happened with Starfield.
Rand

Post by Rand »

ArcaneLurker wrote: February 8th, 2024, 14:03
The date has been pushed back even further now, so it's clear they assumed it was too much of a trainwreck after what happened with Starfield.
If they fuck it up, BGS is dead and will be disbanded by MicroSerfs.
ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

KnightoftheWind wrote: January 27th, 2024, 05:57
People call Skyrim shallow, but they must not have paid any attention to what came before. Skyrim is very much in that same mold.
It's the glaringly unfinished main quest & Civil War conflict that does it.
Probably best to not have any sort of "dovahkin" nonsense and just focus on filling the sandbox with little interactions, & stories.
Rand wrote: February 8th, 2024, 14:05
ArcaneLurker wrote: February 8th, 2024, 14:03
If they fuck it up, BGS is dead and will be disbanded by MicroSerfs.

It's already pre-fucked up by virtue of it needing to pander so heavily to people that aren't particularly fond of TES or Medieval-Europe inspired RPGs in general.
Last edited by ArcaneLurker on February 8th, 2024, 14:12, edited 1 time in total.
Rand

Post by Rand »

ArcaneLurker wrote: February 8th, 2024, 14:11
It's already pre-fucked up by virtue of it needing to pander so heavily to people that aren't particularly fond of TES or Medieval-Europe inspired RPGs in general.
That's what I sadly expect as well.
But is it Starfield fucked up, or only Fallout 4 fucked up is the question.
ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

rusty_shackleford wrote: January 27th, 2024, 06:05
Vergil wrote: January 27th, 2024, 06:02
I'll be sure to filter all of my RPG opinions from this random journo on gamesrant.com from now on :salute:
Not my fault it's true, both are non-games for people who want to pretend to like games to seem cool on xitter.
What do you think of the people that spend countless hours working on Skywind & OpenMW? :Inspector:
Rand

Post by Rand »

ArcaneLurker wrote: February 8th, 2024, 14:19
What do you think of the people that spend countless hours working on Skywind & OpenMW? :Inspector:
I look forward to seeing it. They've done a lot of technical things that I'm interested in seeing if they can pull it off.

And I'm also interested in making a big deal about all the disgusting troons they allowed to LARP as women in their VA files.
Hopefully someone'll be making an anti-troon real woman VA mod and I'll 100% support it.
Last edited by Rand on February 8th, 2024, 14:24, edited 1 time in total.
ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/54096
Isn't "Kartoffels" the one on YouTube going on about Chris Chan?

Why do coders/ "modders"/ IT experts, seem more likely to troon out?
Rand wrote: February 8th, 2024, 14:24
I look forward to seeing it. They've done a lot of technical things that I'm interested in seeing if they can pull it off.
Some of the things they've made are interesting, well, it's usually one or two talented individuals creating something amazing, and then struggling to maintain quality control in the rest.

OpenMW is more interesting to me, from a technical view, reverse engineering the Creation Engine seems like quite a feat, and I'm wondering where things go from there, whether it will keep momentum, who is to say?
Rand wrote: February 8th, 2024, 14:24
And I'm also interested in making a big deal about all the disgusting troons they allowed to LARP as women in their VA files.
Hopefully someone'll be making an anti-troon real woman VA mod and I'll 100% support it.
Well, that's disappointing news but hardly surprising considering the absolute state of things.
Last edited by ArcaneLurker on February 8th, 2024, 14:35, edited 1 time in total.
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

maidenhaver wrote: February 8th, 2024, 13:51
Coomer game full of naked cat an lizard women, numerous references to drug use, references to sodomy and rape, glorification of violence, a sexpest, a coomer who fucks his clone daughters, body horror, designed by an avowed satanist. Truly a wholesome, Christian game.
Sounds like a believable world. The Psijic endeavor is pointless without the suffering of the mortal plane to test itself upon.
Wretch

Post by Wretch »

Also, do you mod morrowind much? I would like to put together a lite list for open mw.
Last edited by WhiteShark on February 8th, 2024, 16:30, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: removed rules violating content
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

Not really, I just used this short vanilla overhaul list in the past.
https://modding-openmw.com/lists/i-heart-vanilla/

Once I finish ATOM and its addon I'll probably either play some Chinese rpg's or do a full modding of openmw, depending on how much free time I have
Last edited by WhiteShark on February 8th, 2024, 16:30, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: removed rules violating content
Anon

Post by Anon »

You must have never read the Bible.
KnightoftheWind

Post by KnightoftheWind »

Anon wrote: February 8th, 2024, 16:40
We know you haven't.
Anon

Post by Anon »

KnightoftheWind wrote: February 8th, 2024, 16:43
Anon wrote: February 8th, 2024, 16:40
We know you haven't.
suck his balls harder
ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

Vergil wrote: January 29th, 2024, 09:37
@Wretch wanted me to post my current Oblivion mod list if I ever got it to a decent state so I figured I'd go ahead and post it here. This won't "fix" Oblivion if you don't like it but it does soften the dissonance going from Morrowind to Oblivion (at least for me personally). Just some quality of life things missed from Morrowind and some bandaids to try and stem the bleeding of some of Oblivion's big problems. I've kinda split this into three sections that were the main things I wanted to tackle going into this playthrough. As far as how it runs it runs about as well as you can expect Oblivion to on PC. Even with all the stability mods playing purely vanilla Oblivion is still gonna result in a ton of crashes.
Gameplay overhauls:
► Show Spoiler
These do a lot to mitigate some of the pure pain that Oblivion combat becomes (especially as a magic user) and makes the level scaling less retarded. Supreme Magicka also adds in some spells like Mark/Recall, Divine Intervention and levitate the later which which goes well with the opened up cities. Nothing super major because I still wanted to play Oblivion that still mostly felt like Oblivion and didn't radically change a bunch of stuff like the commonly recommended Obscuro's or Mankar's overhauls.
Ecnonomy:
► Show Spoiler
These just make it to where merchants behave like Morrowind where you're actually bartering instead of them having a set amount of infinite gold (which makes Oblivion's economy the fucking worst of the series btw). Also added unlimited training so you aren't limited 5 per level and can use training as your primary money sink once you start making lots of money which vanilla Oblivion gives you nothing meaningful to spend on outside of your house. A large part of the "gameplay loot" for me when I play Morrowind is doing quests/dungeons to make gold to spend on training my character which you can't really do effectively in vanilla Oblivion.
Quality of Life updates:
► Show Spoiler
What the fuck is up with the security questions on AFK Mods?
I'm answering the correct questions and it keeps saying it's wrong.

Of course it's the question "Who owns the site you're trying register with?" that is finally considered correct. :golf clap:
Last edited by ArcaneLurker on February 8th, 2024, 18:20, edited 1 time in total.
Rand

Post by Rand »

ArcaneLurker wrote: February 8th, 2024, 18:09

Of course it's the question "Who owns the site you're trying register with?" that is finally considered correct. :golf clap:
Isn't AFK mods one of the sites that someone set up to self-host their mods because they didn't like that Nexus wasn't gonna let stupid assholes unilaterally completely delete mods?
ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

Rand wrote: February 8th, 2024, 18:54

Isn't AFK mods one of the sites that someone set up to self-host their mods because they didn't like that Nexus wasn't gonna let stupid assholes unilaterally completely delete mods?
Probably. Doesn't change the fact their security questions don't seem to work most of the time.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Wretch wrote: February 8th, 2024, 02:44
I know it's a lot to ask but if you ever have time could you maybe do a TTW New Vegas one?
Usually when I play TTW it's with a whole heap of other stuff but I could probably put together some bare essentials that I use alongside TTW. They're very wary because as a very big Fallout mod they get a migrant crises level of 90IQ retards asking for tech support so they'll list almost everything under the sun as incompatible with it even if that's not really the case.

I don't keep up with nexus drama but the guy who runs it I've seem nexusfags seethe about for some reason.
ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

Vergil wrote: February 8th, 2024, 21:37
Wretch wrote: February 8th, 2024, 02:44
I know it's a lot to ask but if you ever have time could you maybe do a TTW New Vegas one?
Usually when I play TTW it's with a whole heap of other stuff but I could probably put together some bare essentials that I use alongside TTW. They're very wary because as a very big Fallout mod they get a migrant crises level of 90IQ retards asking for tech support so they'll list almost everything under the sun as incompatible with it even if that's not really the case.

I don't keep up with nexus drama but the guy who runs it I've seem nexusfags seethe about for some reason.
https://www.nexusmods.com/users/684492?tab=about me
It wasn't because of Leftist politics but because of the change in user policy regarding the right to delete mods without them being archived. On this occasion, they're just seething because it's annoying & they don't understand the fuss.
Last edited by ArcaneLurker on February 8th, 2024, 21:54, edited 1 time in total.
Rand

Post by Rand »

Oh, yeah. Arthmoor's a dickhead and a half.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

Rand wrote: February 9th, 2024, 00:03
He's also the 21st century's first true artist.
Last edited by maidenhaver on February 9th, 2024, 07:31, edited 1 time in total.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

maidenhaver wrote: February 9th, 2024, 07:31
Rand wrote: February 9th, 2024, 00:03
He's also the 21st century's first true artist.
I'm not familiar with the lore but this sounds like something I could very easily imagine a mod author saying.
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

Why do Bethmodders always make teaser trailers for their mods? Does any other modding community do this?
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Nammu Archag wrote: February 15th, 2024, 01:25

Why do Bethmodders always make teaser trailers for their mods? Does any other modding community do this?
Not trailers but HOI4 is plagued with toozers for mods that will never ever release.