We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

CoopHQ: Play alone, together!

No RPG elements? It probably goes here!
Ratcatcher
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Ratcatcher »

Decline wrote: January 27th, 2024, 23:19
the next one with a bit of thought.
No. Considering I've been one of the most active in the thread but the selection of nations and pretenders happens when I'm too busy to actually play. For testin shit I mean an actual build to play with this specific nation I never played before. What makes you think I will be given more consideration and/or time, in the next game?

Anyway. Uploaded some random crap. Diz gonna be gud.
asf
Turtle
Turtle

Post by asf »

i will make some suspense here
Kalarion
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Kalarion »

Ratcatcher wrote: January 27th, 2024, 21:11
There's a Dominons gayme we're organizing. Join it, faggots.
I'd love to but I've never played it before.

I'd be an easy kill and a drag on the game.
KnightoftheWind

Post by KnightoftheWind »

Mario Party Superstars or Mario Kart 8 via Yuzu?.
Ratcatcher
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Ratcatcher »

Kalarion wrote: January 28th, 2024, 17:31
...dafuq. If you're even vaguely interested, this would be the ideal game, no one is an expert. I probably played less than a dozen total mp games. There's always a first time and Dominions is daunting for everyone that picks it up for the first time. If I wasn't so busy with everything else, I'd gladly offer to coach you to a basic level but you can certainly learn things as you do.
No, an easy kill in Dom is just that, an easy kill. You'd be done quickly, depending on nations and pretenders ofc, if someone with more experience decides to just bully you. It's such a vast game. With thousands of spells, hundreds of artifacts and weird units... No one would bully you tho, it's not that kind of game. Everyone will be given a year or so for expansion, I think. We'll see. The biggest issue now is the game started already...

Remember, no one thinks bad of an unexperienced Dom player. If you can stand the memes and the jokes while getting your ass handed to you (which isn't even a guarantee, you could surprise murderfuck the attacker yourself), that's the worst it could get really. What makes you develop a bad rep in Dom and makes other people shun you for future games is, randomly going AI, especially when a war you're in just starts to nosedive and/or using especially trollish ritual spells when the game is already over for you (this would be hard to explain without becoming even more tedious than I've already been.)

A noob that stands his ground and gets pummeled, offering entertainment for the attacker and anyone bothering to send scouts to watch the fireworks? That's a Godsend. That's fun! 95% of people are sore losers. Sore losers usually end up hating Dom.
Wretch

Post by Wretch »

I have never played either. We might have to get the game and 1v1 for our first match.
Ratcatcher
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Ratcatcher »

The best thing you can do is play some sp games, if you haven't already. Get some basic knoweledge and concepts about the different ages, what expansion means, what broad categories of pretender you can have and how armies and mages are scripted. Then try building some thugs (commanders geared to fight alone or in small groups, mainly used as harassers or to give some oomph to larger military forces), proper Super Combatants (single characters, usually titans, able to wipe the floor with armies) and some advanced magics, like communions.

Those are all the things you better figure out before your first game, even if it's just a 1 on 1, else you could get wrong impressions and develop bad habits.

I can suggest you a specific scenario to play 1 vs 1 which will force you to learn some advanced mechanics, in case you're interested. Just ask.

Ofc in case you already have plenty of sp experience and know about all that, ignore my words and sorry for jumping into your convo.
Wretch

Post by Wretch »

Ratcatcher wrote: January 28th, 2024, 22:47
The best thing you can do is play some sp games, if you haven't already. Get some basic knoweledge and concepts about the different ages, what expansion means, what broad categories of pretender you can have and how armies and mages are scripted. Then try building some thugs (commanders geared to fight alone or in small groups, mainly used as harassers or to give some oomph to larger military forces), proper Super Combatants (single characters, usually titans, able to wipe the floor with armies) and some advanced magics, like communions.

Those are all the things you better figure out before your first game, even if it's just a 1 on 1, else you could get wrong impressions and develop bad habits.

I can suggest you a specific scenario to play 1 vs 1 which will force you to learn some advanced mechanics, in case you're interested. Just ask.

Ofc in case you already have plenty of sp experience and know about all that, ignore my words and sorry for jumping into your convo.
You're always welcome to jump into my convos, brother. I appreciate the advice and will consult you if I get the game. Though I do think it would be hilarious to do a blind 1v1 where we both fumble a ton and self destruct while trying to minorly inconvenience each other.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

convinced this thread was only created to cause strife and division
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Anyone know of any, for lack of a better term, asymmetrical co-op games like Dead Space 3?
In Dead Space 3 you'll sometimes see story events differently or see things the other player doesn't see. Not done anywhere near enough, but I'd like to see a game do it well.
Decline

Post by Decline »

Nah m8. But to alleviate your fears we could do a compstomp (coop vs ai).
Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Tweed »

We sure do know how to have fun together.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

WhiteShark wrote: February 3rd, 2024, 20:09
Does this fit your criteria?

Never went from mild interest to extreme disgust as fast as the period between clicking that link and seeing the Steam page
Ratcatcher
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Ratcatcher »

Helldivers actually looks fun, unfortunately I'm currently too busy to play anything and by the time I'll be a bit more free, people would have moved on.

Also, always wanted to try Deep Rock Galactic, same issues tho. That one definitely has long legs, I know people that have been playing it more or less non-stop for almost two years.
Last edited by Ratcatcher on February 13th, 2024, 17:01, edited 1 time in total.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

Helldivers 2 has a chinky rootkit anti-cheat exclusively used by Korean bug MMOs to protect its microtransaction store. Wouldn't want it on my PC. I advise you at least look it up before thinking about getting it.
Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Tweed »

I suggested some fun stuff we could play together and it wouldn't require some gay rootkit, but nobody listens to me.
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

No, and I likely never will. It is hardly anything like the original Helldivers and instead is just generic unreal engine 5 shooter slop, with excessive millennial starship troopers humor pasted on. As others have mentioned, it also requires a super shady kernel-level anti-cheat (for a coop game nonetheless, big red flag). Sadly it seems a ton of people already fell for it.
Pay Station

Post by Pay Station »

Are all popular online games equipped with kernel-level Anti-Cheat? Is Easy Anti-Cheat an acceptable option?

I bought a PS5 because I don't want to deal with Denuvo and other Anti Cheat systems running in the background. Picked my poison.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

Pay Station wrote: February 13th, 2024, 20:30
Are all popular online games equipped with kernel-level Anti-Cheat?
No, but they also don't work. Cheating is so easy and difficult to detect that people regularly do it live knowing that there are tens of thousands of viewers and that all of their gameplay is being recorded forever. Cheats are definitely winning the war against anti-cheats right now.
Mondain

Post by Mondain »

Client side anti cheat is the dev publicly admitting they have intention of actually stopping cheaters.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Oyster Sauce wrote: February 13th, 2024, 20:54
Pay Station wrote: February 13th, 2024, 20:30
Are all popular online games equipped with kernel-level Anti-Cheat?
No, but they also don't work. Cheating is so easy and difficult to detect that people regularly do it live knowing that there are tens of thousands of viewers and that all of their gameplay is being recorded forever. Cheats are definitely winning the war against anti-cheats right now.
Good, I want competitive multiplayer fans to choke on their own entrails.
Irenaeus

Post by Irenaeus »

Just watched the Helldivers 2 trailer. Hilarious! :lol:
BobT

Post by BobT »

Helldivers 1 was good fun. Really awesome feeling as you're doing "the desperate last stand" while waiting for extraction and the heroic music is blaring.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Irenaeus wrote: February 14th, 2024, 02:41
Just watched the Helldivers 2 trailer. Hilarious! :lol:
The marketing psyops almost worked and was considering this game until I heard they insta banned someone on their discord for replying to a troon asking for a tranny flag to be added by saying it didn't fit the setting.