We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Apple KNEELS for the EU

I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that
jcd

Apple KNEELS for the EU

Post by jcd »

https://www.apple.com/newsroom/2024/01/ ... ean-union/

You can now install programs from outside the walled garden, and they're forced to allow browsers other than Safari on the phones.

EUchads... Image
Segata
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Segata »

Waiting for rusty to see how he spins this as being bad because europeons did it.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

It's bad because this has the potential to make Apple products more popular and no one should be using them.
jcd

Post by jcd »

Segata Sanshiro wrote: January 25th, 2024, 22:58
Waiting for rusty to see how he spins this as being bad because europeons did it.
It is kinda bad, because they make it as hard as possible to actually distribute programs outside of their store, and to run alternative stores. I hope the EU drops the hammer on them.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

Wait... you couldn't even install a different browser?
Segata
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Segata »

Oyster Sauce wrote: January 25th, 2024, 23:35
You can, but safari always remains the default browser, opening links from other apps will open the shitty apple browser no one would use if they didn't force it so hard.
jcd

Post by jcd »

Segata Sanshiro wrote: January 26th, 2024, 00:02
Oyster Sauce wrote: January 25th, 2024, 23:35
You can, but safari always remains the default browser, opening links from other apps will open the shitty apple browser no one would use if they didn't force it so hard.
Accurately saying, you can't. All "browsers" on iOS are just skins for Safari. Developers are not allowed to distribute their own browser engines. So yes, Firefox, Chrome, Brave, etc. they're all just different UIs for the same rendering engine - Safari.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

This is a good step but unfortunately anything less than launching predator missiles at Apple stores won't be enough :sad:
Shillitron
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Shillitron »

Segata Sanshiro wrote: January 25th, 2024, 22:58
revenant

Post by revenant »

To its credit, safari, along with Mozilla, is about the only browser still using its own engine as opposed to bowing to google's chromium like everyone else.
KnightoftheWind

Post by KnightoftheWind »

These are basic features in every other phone, I'm surprised Apple didn't have these until now. And it looks to be only for the EU too, so anyone outside of it is screwed. Just get a new phone, lads. Even a cheap one.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

I don't really even get the point of expensive phones what can they actually do besides take vaguely improved pictures?
revenant

Post by revenant »

rusty_shackleford wrote: January 26th, 2024, 05:37
being uniquely terrible isn't a good selling point, firefox is shit
Most of Firefox's problems stem from google's practice of intentionally breaking services for firefox and mozilla devs having to constantly play catch up with their sabotage.
Vergil wrote: January 26th, 2024, 05:44
I don't really even get the point of expensive phones what can they actually do besides take vaguely improved pictures?
Phones are accessories nowadays, like watches used to be. People buy them for signaling social status. Older phones are also affected by planned obsolescence, so if you don't want to fight sluggish apps you need to get a new one every few years.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

revenant wrote: January 26th, 2024, 05:58
Most of Firefox's problems stem from google's practice of intentionally breaking services for firefox and mozilla devs having to constantly play catch up with their sabotage.
It has been over a decade and extensions are still missing necessary APIs to be on par with what they used to be.
Firefox runs like shit and barely works.
Red7

Post by Red7 »

it signal to vagina that u are conformity oriented oppulent fag. and even tho nothing makes vagina pussy drier than agreeable faggot, because vagina itself seeks conformity/acceptance from enviroment, vagina had accepted what was told; that fag is really what vagina wants. even tho not.
Rand

Post by Rand »

Impress retard narcissists (Tates, nogs, and bimbos).