We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Palworld

No RPG elements? It probably goes here!
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

I get that itch every few years, but after some gym battles and walking eggs, I realize what I'm doing and stop.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

maidenhaver wrote: January 25th, 2024, 01:33
I get that itch every few years, but after some gym battles and walking eggs, I realize what I'm doing and stop.
Palworld
Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Tweed »

Buy it for me and we'll talk.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

I can appreciate the hustle but there's no way I'm playing this scam asset flip.
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

Yeah. They're just 10 guys in a room, working real hard. No women. No forced diversity. Shocking how things work, eh?
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Pirated it, it's like someone took ark, rimworld, and pokemon and smashed them together. I almost got killed by a big chicken that blasted me with water.
Shillitron
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Shillitron »

Looked at the screenshots.. saw fat chibi pokemon things in a factory gulag crafting AK47's on an assembly line. Seemed pretty interesting but I hate survival games.
asf
Turtle
Turtle

Post by asf »

looks like a game for children and/or weebs
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Shillitron wrote: January 25th, 2024, 02:30
Seemed pretty interesting but I hate survival games.
The problem is how similar they all are. If you've played one, you've played them all. The only thing that makes them differ is everything except the core part of the game. Palworld has a strong showing here, but most of them don't.
Last edited by rusty_shackleford on January 25th, 2024, 02:40, edited 1 time in total.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Vergil wrote: January 25th, 2024, 01:39
I can appreciate the hustle but there's no way I'm playing this scam asset flip.
I thought the pals looked pretty good btw. I only got a brief look at some, but they have good animations/personality.
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

From the article I read, it isn't an asset flip at all. The dev talked about how he had no idea how much work creating and animating all those models would be because the game he'd worked on before had used premade Unity-store models and animations.
Last edited by WhiteShark on January 25th, 2024, 02:43, edited 1 time in total.
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

I bought it and refunded it. The game is very poorly optimized based on my experience (it's made in unreal lol). The excuse by the devs is that it's early access (also lol) yet they released it on Xbox game pass as well. The gameplay itself is just valheim with pokemon. The pokemon's main utility is being workers at your base so you don't have to actually spend the absurd amount of time it requires to craft stuff. The game isn't bad, but it feels like eating fastfood of some sort. Goyslop isn't the right word, but its slop of some sort, it just takes the most popular aspects of other games and further simplifies them to fit with the pokemon. If they optimize it and it's on a good sale I would maybe buy it to play with friends, but who knows how it will turn out.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Nammu Archag wrote: January 25th, 2024, 02:46
The gameplay itself is just valheim with pokemon.
valheim is just ark with low resolution textures
Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Tweed »

The game is very poorly optimized based on my experience (it's made in unreal lol).
The true ARK experience then.
Wretch

Post by Wretch »

How is the netcode? In my experience the real killer in these awful survival games is that they all have spaghetti code.
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

rusty_shackleford wrote: January 25th, 2024, 02:50
The gameplay itself is just valheim with pokemon.
valheim is just ark with low resolution textures
yeah Pal is actually more similar to Ark given the guns and tames (pals)
NEG
Turtle
Turtle

Post by NEG »

A lot of hype for this because vtubers play it, but it's really just a stripped down survival game with knockoff pokemon that don't evolve or anything.
KnightoftheWind

Post by KnightoftheWind »

It always brightens my day to see how badly Soyfield is doing, and how quickly it was dropped like a rock. Even moreso when it's being obliterated by an early access Pokemon ripoff.

This is what more devs should be doing. Take an established franchise that people enjoy, and change it just enough as to be a legally distinct entity. Then port it to as many platforms as you want, free of scrutiny. It can even be sold and made money off of, unlike a fan game. If a similar thing happened to Elder Scrolls, Bethesda would have nothing left lol.
Segata
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Segata »

Tendies are evil. I blame @krokodil for this.

Rand

Post by Rand »

KnightoftheWind wrote: January 25th, 2024, 04:35
This is what more devs should be doing. Take an established franchise that people enjoy, and change it just enough as to be a legally distinct entity. Then port it to as many platforms as you want, free of scrutiny.
The Alder Skulls: More-O-Wind
Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Tweed »

I bet they didn't even submit their game to Sweet Baby.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

I didn't think about how much of a boon this must be for sonic autists. Imagine logging in to find out your base was raided (I guess that's how this game works right?) by someone with a modded Shadow the Hedgehog vore futa character model.
Segata
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Segata »

Nintendo is the evilest company in the world

edict of worms

Post by edict of worms »

It feels 30% done, half the shit doesnt work and what does work is janky as hell

So I only play 60 hours per week
cbight

Post by cbight »

Segata Sanshiro wrote: February 2nd, 2024, 16:18
Nintendo is the evilest company in the world

Japan has celebrities? Wut?

Also, how is a company that exclusively makes video games able to dictate said celebrities what to do and what not? Is Nintendo a front for the Yakuza?