We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

AI tools for games thread

Game development hub. Projects, modding, and resources.
J1M
Turtle
Turtle

AI tools for games thread

Post by J1M »

With Valve recently confirming that they will host games that contain assets generated by AI, I assume there are now a variety of tools and vendors looking to enter the mainstream. And adding to this thread is god's work.

When I looked into this a year ago, sites like midjourney were positioned as toys and they were explicitly claiming ownership over any generated images while refusing to grant a commercial license.

What I am looking for is a tool that will generate images I have rights to use that doesn't require me to provide the training data. Has anyone been paying attention to this space? Any opinions about what's available now? Anyone using Scenario for a project? Better to just run a tool on your own video card?
Shillitron
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Shillitron »

J1M wrote: January 24th, 2024, 20:10
With Valve recently confirming that they will host games that contain assets generated by AI, I assume there are now a variety of tools and vendors looking to enter the mainstream. And adding to this thread is god's work.

When I looked into this a year ago, sites like midjourney were positioned as toys and they were explicitly claiming ownership over any generated images while refusing to grant a commercial license.

What I am looking for is a tool that will generate images I have rights to use that doesn't require me to provide the training data. Has anyone been paying attention to this space? Any opinions about what's available now? Anyone using Scenario for a project? Better to just run a tool on your own video card?
All SaaS services suck shit. Running Stable Diffusion locally trumps all of it.
If you don't wanna futz with training data but you need something specific look at Control Net / IP Adapter. Segments & Open Pose & After Detailer are also must have toolbox items. Everything else is fluff or outdated.
J1M
Turtle
Turtle

Post by J1M »

Shillitron wrote: January 26th, 2024, 02:03
J1M wrote: January 24th, 2024, 20:10

All SaaS services suck shit. Running Stable Diffusion locally trumps all of it.
If you don't wanna futz with training data but you need something specific look at Control Net / IP Adapter. Segments & Open Pose & After Detailer are also must have toolbox items. Everything else is fluff or outdated.
I agree that applications trump apps and I have the hardware to do this.

Can you point me at a quick start guide and suggest a model that is not encumbered by licensing/ownership issues?
NEG
Turtle
Turtle

Post by NEG »

https://github.com/Acly/krita-ai-diffusion

After you paste the plugin into the folder, it's pretty much a 1-click install. Just make sure you have the space and a non-potato video card - preferably Nvidia.
Last edited by NEG on January 26th, 2024, 23:51, edited 2 times in total.