We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Stormgate - A New RTS From StarCraft II & Warcraft III Developers

For discussing tactical and strategy games. What's the difference between tactics and strategy anyways?
The_Mask

Stormgate - A New RTS From StarCraft II & Warcraft III Developers

Post by The_Mask »

From StarCraft II & Warcraft III developers, a new RTS. Hyper-responsive gameplay, a powerful editor, co-op, campaign, 1v1, and more.

They got 2 million out of the 100K they originally wanted. Check it out, and see if you like it.

Tags:
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Oh man a crowdfunded game riding entirely off of the back of old games people have nostalgia for these never turn out bad.
J1M
Turtle
Turtle

Post by J1M »

I haven't heard anything about this that isn't just bootleg StarCraft. I would be more interested if they were trying something different in the genre.

Post by 1998 »

I thought those Kickstarter days were long gone. 2m on empty promises, nice.
Stormgate is a free-to-play PC real-time strategy game set hundreds of years in Earth's future
lol
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

I need to find me some desperate retards who did extremely minor work on various classics and see if I can cobble together a couple mil off of saying "FROM THE ORIGINAL DEVELOPERS* OF GAME YOU LIKE"
*one guy who did some loading screen art and a couple interns who did coffee runs
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

This is Grubby talking about how much money Stormgate has already got infused up its ass to look the way it does, and to play the way it does play.

Basically, the $2M it got on Kickstarter was just a test to see how well it would be received. The game already has a fortune invested in it.