We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Best game made by Sega?

No RPG elements? It probably goes here!
Vlajdimir Ermenović

Best game made by Sega?

Post by Vlajdimir Ermenović »

Developed only, not published. So no alpha protocol, bayonetta, vanquish, etc.

From what I've played, it's a tie between Streets of Rage 2 and Panther Panzer Dragoon Orta. I'm still digging through their catalogue and am yet to play a lot of possible contenders like Super Monke Ball, Afterburner, JSRF, the PS2 Shinobi, and Yakuza, so this is still an uneducated opinion.
KnightoftheWind

Post by KnightoftheWind »

For me, it's probably F-Zero GX or Shining Force/Shining Force II.
Segata
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Segata »

rusty_shackleford wrote: January 23rd, 2024, 23:09
sega made games other than sonic?
Sega Rally
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

Phantasy Star games
Alex Kidd games
Mickey Mouse Ilusion games
Roguey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Roguey »

Sonic 3 and Knuckles was the peak. Though with combining the two you miss out on that great Michael Jackson track that plays during the credits (the Knuckles credits theme is inferior)

Segata
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Segata »

Tweed wrote: January 24th, 2024, 11:21
Sword of Vermillion
How do I rate a post 'prestigious'?
Val the Moofia Boss
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Val the Moofia Boss »

ImageImage

The SRPGs made by the Sakura Wars team, Sakura Wars and Valkyria Chronicles. Fluid SRPG gameplay where you can move your unit around and find clever ways to position them, aim your attacks/abilities with the thumbstick. Good mission design that keeps you looking forward to the next one. Great aesthetics, charming magitek/steampunk settings, likeable characters, character designs by Kousuke Fujishima, Hidenori Matsuraba, and RAITA, and great music by Kohei Tanaka and Hitoshi Sakimoto.

It's hard for me to pick an absolute top favorite from these games. I quite liked the timed dialogue options in Sakura Wars, as they made the visual novel parts more engaging and helped ramp up the tension, and the spontaneous questions that gave a buff or a penalty during combat was also interesting. SW1 had the most likeable cast out of the SW franchise. Sakura Wars 5 had very memorable enemy mech designs, and the game was very challenging from chapter 7 onward, and I really liked the boss fights. Valkyria Chronicles 1 had the stronger cast of the VC franchise, but VC4 had far and away the best levels, and I got the most invested in the story towards the end.

I hope the team makes a new SRPG, though that seems unlikely at this point. It's been six years since their last SRPG, VC4, and five years since the Sakura Wars reboot, which was an action game for some reason.

As for Sonic games, I've played a lot. 3D Blast, Heroes, Adventure, Advance, Shadow the Hedgehog, Riders... I think my favorite was probably Heroes. Had a lot of fun playing that co-op with a friend, and I liked the aesthetic look.
Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss on January 24th, 2024, 19:29, edited 1 time in total.
Hauberk

Post by Hauberk »

Why is it always Sonic?
Last edited by Hauberk on January 24th, 2024, 20:17, edited 7 times in total.
Ratcatcher
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Ratcatcher »

Segata Sanshiro wrote: January 24th, 2024, 14:22
How do I rate a post 'prestigious'?
You and me both bro.

This:

Was also good. It's what made me search for proper pnp and tabletop as a hobby.