We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Indiana Jewns and the Great Kikel

No RPG elements? It probably goes here!
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

I missed when Jones went all over the world and had more than one enemy all the time.
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

I wish more Indiana Jones media was inspired by Temple of Doom. Fighting the nazis again... yawn.
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

The game was first announced in January 2021, and during the first interviews, Machinegames representative said that they don't have anything to show because the development just started. Which means if the game actually comes out in 2024, it'll be one of those rare AAA games that were made in three years.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

wndrbr wrote: January 19th, 2024, 14:28
I wish more Indiana Jones media was inspired by Temple of Doom. Fighting the nazis again... yawn.
Yeah, Temple of Doom took place before the war even started. Now he's in the war or post-war fighting big armies all the time. Pretty lame. I liked how Doom was high stakes but local and pulpy almost. At least he seems to go places. Most games just show a map of his plane flying from point a to b.
Vaako

Post by Vaako »

Not much gameplay to see there, his voice needs some AI work to come closer to Ford, female sidekick could also look better.
Atlantico
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Atlantico »

Todd Howard.

Nazis.

NuLucasfilm.

Oh boy.

Edit: Howard considered MachineGames an ideal company to develop the project because of its work on the Wolfenstein series, which involves a battle against Nazis, like the Indiana Jones franchise

:disgust:
Last edited by Atlantico on January 19th, 2024, 15:59, edited 1 time in total.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

I hope this nigga gets some kind of disease that renders him mute
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

Atlantico wrote: January 19th, 2024, 15:57
Howard considered MachineGames an ideal company to develop the project because of its work on the Wolfenstein series, which involves a battle against Nazis, like the Indiana Jones franchise

:disgust:
Todd Howard was always the worst thing about Bethesda. I didn't want to believe, until now. I had to see what he could do as far removed from his comfortable home.

I hate that guy.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Did you really expect it to be anything else?
...Really?
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

rusty_shackleford wrote: January 20th, 2024, 01:00
Did you really expect it to be anything else?
...Really?
I expected it to be trash, but I wanted it to be more about him and his earlier, pre-university days. Might as well, since Ford isn't lending his talent.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

maidenhaver wrote: January 20th, 2024, 00:57
Todd Howard was always the worst thing about Bethesda.
Wild thing to say in a world with Pete Hines and Emil Pagidkhowtospellhisgayname
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

He can't hide behind them, any longer. Its over, Toddsisters.

I'll bet Emil wanted to tell all sorts of cool stories, bro. But Todd was a cuntbag midget boss and said "I like your drive, but have you seen Avengers? Let's do what you wanted to do, but not that: let's do a multiverse. Oh yeah, make sure everyone's brown or an ugly woman, so we can meet our esg quota. I'll be playing Madden with Pete."
Last edited by maidenhaver on January 20th, 2024, 01:40, edited 2 times in total.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

Bethesda don't go into development, until Todd starts hyping the latest game, so he really has no clue what's in them. I was too harsh, calling him a liar.
Hauberk

Post by Hauberk »

It's called "being economical with the truth".
Atlantico
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Atlantico »

The first Indiana Jones movie was a Jewish revenge fantasy against Nazis.

Arrested development.
Atlantico
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Atlantico »

reminder that this is the blowback to what americans did to germans @rusty_shackleford
gerey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by gerey »

This is the Anglo's just reward from the Jews for moving Heaven and Earth to ensure their continued existence.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

It's crazy how many people exist who basically announce "I have CP on my PC" with their appearance and mannerisms and nothing is done about it.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

Atlantico wrote: January 20th, 2024, 10:15

Arrested development.
And it was great.
KnightoftheWind

Post by KnightoftheWind »

At least we're not being subjected to another Wolfenstein by this developer, they did an awful job with that franchise. I felt I needed a good shower after I played Wolfenstein II, it was horrible. Compared to that, this seems banal.

You'd think with a character like Indiana Jones, we'd see more fantastical locations though. It looks to me like they're just retreading the same scenery as the original movies, with nothing new.

Post by 1998 »

Wolfenstein II sucked of course, but Old Blood was surprisingly good, and New Order at the very least OK.
Emphyrio

Post by Emphyrio »

KnightoftheWind wrote: January 20th, 2024, 17:44
You'd think with a character like Indiana Jones, we'd see more fantastical locations though. It looks to me like they're just retreading the same scenery as the original movies, with nothing new.
There's only four kinds of locales you can do

Jungle ruins
Desert ruins
Ice ruins
Underwater ruins

So the puzzle and trap ruins things gets old fast. You gotta mix it up with exotic cities, towns, wilderness. Boat levels.
KnightoftheWind

Post by KnightoftheWind »

1998 wrote: January 20th, 2024, 17:49
Wolfenstein II sucked of course, but Old Blood was surprisingly good, and New Order at the very least OK.
All of the games were subversive though, just not as 'on the nose' as Wolfenstein II. In The New Order, you aid an old jew and he reveals that the technology of the germans was in fact a jewish invention. And in the Old Blood, a young jewish girl is hinted at being a lesbian, although not outright stated.

The elements were there from the start. And being a game where you fight nazis, all the tropes associated with that are also there. Not being a fan of Hitler myself, it doesn't make me upset in any way, but you can feel the disdain for Europe/Christendom as a whole and not just nazi germany.
Atlantico
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Atlantico »

maidenhaver wrote: January 20th, 2024, 17:14
Atlantico wrote: January 20th, 2024, 10:15

Arrested development.
And it was great.
Point.

You.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

Baker isn't even trying to sound like the character. He's just talking normally. Looked him up and he's an anime dub actor, which explains a lot.
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

Vergil wrote: January 20th, 2024, 01:16
Wild thing to say in a world with Pete Hines and Emil Pagidkhowtospellhisgayname
these bumbling idiots would have been quickly devoured by the corporate environment if not for certain benefactors shielding them, and odds are that benefactor is the commonality between all terrible BGS projects, Todd.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Nammu Archag wrote: January 20th, 2024, 21:06
Vergil wrote: January 20th, 2024, 01:16
these bumbling idiots would have been quickly devoured by the corporate environment if not for certain benefactors shielding them, and odds are that benefactor is the commonality between all terrible BGS projects, Todd.
Corporate environments are where middling parasites/bullshitters like Pete and Emil thrive. Emil managed to talk up his contributions in Oblivion (he'll crow till the cows come home that he did the Dark Brotherhood, but he also did the Arena) into a senior role for Fallout 3 which was a massive success and suits only look at numbers. Even Starfield for as much as the bethesda shield is starting to crack sold immensely well.