We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

RPGHQ stands in solidarity with NexusMods on the topic of offensive content

HQ-related news you should probably read.
Gregz
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Gregz »

Atlantico wrote: February 21st, 2024, 17:10
Gregz wrote: February 21st, 2024, 15:34
"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize."
Trannies, niggers and Juden rule us?
Trannies and niggers are frontline defense (golems) for kikes, yes.
Rand

Post by Rand »

ArcaneLurker wrote: February 21st, 2024, 15:12
It's not legal to host potential "hate speech" in Britain.
Then get a .to website like everyone with a brain.
Why would you host ANYTHING in fallen England?
ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

Rand wrote: February 21st, 2024, 18:37
Go ask them.
Ligrev

Post by Ligrev »

"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize."
Yes.

The "Western" world is just one step away from a reality where you are walking down the street, minding your own business, when all of a sudden a gorilla negro manhandles you, strips your pants down so that his transpansexual, satan worshiping, Judean master can rape you on the spot. In broad daylight. While pink haired Karens are clapping, crying and screaming in ecstasy words of commendation for the brave and diverse transpan Judean while spitting at your vile far right neo nazi cis hetero face. Other men will just walk on by because they are "minding their own business". At the same time congress will be approving a 1000 trillion dollar "aid" package to IsNotReal and putting into law that if you are white, straight and male the CCP police can shoot you dead on the spot.

One step.
Rand

Post by Rand »

ArcaneLurker wrote: February 21st, 2024, 18:56
Rand wrote: February 21st, 2024, 18:37
Go ask them.
I would love to, but I doubt I could get an answer, much less a trustworthy one.
Xenich

Post by Xenich »

Nammu Archag wrote: January 11th, 2024, 23:35
Vaako wrote: January 11th, 2024, 22:58
jcd wrote: January 11th, 2024, 22:09

I bet a lot of that is SREs, not needed at small scale. The website looks pretty simple for 15 years of development. Steam workshop is a lot better, UX-wise. Google has like 300 billion dollars annual income and still in some niches it gets pwned by startups and companies with 10 employees. It's not impossible. Do it and prove that rightoids aren't all bark and no bite.
Sure but one important thing stands in the way, copyright you cant just rip everything from nexus without consent from the creators of the mods. So you would have to have start from the beginning have modders come to you. And nexus is so widely known they would have to fuck up even more and censor even more things before they lose the primary mod hosting position. Thats why buying it would probably be the best option.
Copyright doesn't apply to modded content as they do not own the work that the mod is built upon. For example, if Bethesda wanted to it could change its EULA agreements and sue anyone who continues to publish mods of its game, modders have zero rights whatsoever to the content they publish. Even if it could apply, they wouldn't be able to do jackshit anyways, and even if they could, it could all be circumvented by various methods such as by hosting the website in a truly free country (somewhere where IP doesn't mean shit). So if someone wanted to, they could totally just rip whatever they want from nexus, claim it as their own assuming they had a place to publish it, and it would be completely legal in most cases.
I wonder... is it possible for the studios to proclaim that all mods created must follow an accepted standard (ie be woke as crap and push the "narrative") and then start suing anyone who violates that EULA as you just described?

I know it wouldn't stop it, just like they can't stop people sharing the content already, but it is something I wouldn't put past them, especially as AI to assist people gets better and better. I think that if the means to mod a game AND create those mods became more streamlined for the laymen (or much more accessible to them), then my guess this would become an issue.

This isn't too far off from the future, but I am thinking in terms of having like a Ironman Jarvis like AI that has been trained to branch the technical boundary and through its own ability do most of the work that a modder would do to modify content.

I have been reading about some of the new AI advancements where the AI's can even modify live stream video content on the fly to change elements of the content (mostly what I have seen is things for advertising and the like, but I think it can also replace and modify entire actors as well).

Imagine taking a game like BG3, giving the AI a detailed theme for change and it does it all and reviews the results. If we get to that stage, all of this woke crap is then easily removed and they lose completely control of media pysops in terms of bombarding people who already know the narrative they are pushing. It may be the way to combat this crap, which is why I brought up them playing the legal angle to start controlling "what" gets changed in their content. This is similar to the cases where John Deer sued farmers for modifying their tractors computer systems to upgrade their models due to the fact a lot of difference between some of the higher end models was simply the way the software was implemented.
Last edited by Xenich on February 25th, 2024, 17:02, edited 1 time in total.
Xenich

Post by Xenich »

hilandar777 wrote: February 21st, 2024, 20:13
Yes.

The "Western" world is just one step away from a reality where you are walking down the street, minding your own business, when all of a sudden a gorilla negro manhandles you, strips your pants down so that his transpansexual, satan worshiping, Judean master can rape you on the spot. In broad daylight. While pink haired Karens are clapping, crying and screaming in ecstasy words of commendation for the brave and diverse transpan Judean while spitting at your vile far right neo nazi cis hetero face. Other men will just walk on by because they are "minding their own business". At the same time congress will be approving a 1000 trillion dollar "aid" package to IsNotReal and putting into law that if you are white, straight and male the CCP police can shoot you dead on the spot.

One step.
That reminds me of this:
Sodom and Gomorrah Destroyed

19 The two angels arrived at Sodom in the evening, and Lot was sitting in the gateway of the city. When he saw them, he got up to meet them and bowed down with his face to the ground. 2 “My lords,” he said, “please turn aside to your servant’s house. You can wash your feet and spend the night and then go on your way early in the morning.”

“No,” they answered, “we will spend the night in the square.”

3 But he insisted so strongly that they did go with him and entered his house. He prepared a meal for them, baking bread without yeast, and they ate. 4 Before they had gone to bed, all the men from every part of the city of Sodom—both young and old—surrounded the house. 5 They called to Lot, “Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them.”

6 Lot went outside to meet them and shut the door behind him 7 and said, “No, my friends. Don’t do this wicked thing. 8 Look, I have two daughters who have never slept with a man. Let me bring them out to you, and you can do what you like with them. But don’t do anything to these men, for they have come under the protection of my roof.”

9 “Get out of our way,” they replied. “This fellow came here as a foreigner, and now he wants to play the judge! We’ll treat you worse than them.” They kept bringing pressure on Lot and moved forward to break down the door.

10 But the men inside reached out and pulled Lot back into the house and shut the door. 11 Then they struck the men who were at the door of the house, young and old, with blindness so that they could not find the door.

12 The two men said to Lot, “Do you have anyone else here—sons-in-law, sons or daughters, or anyone else in the city who belongs to you? Get them out of here, 13 because we are going to destroy this place. The outcry to the Lord against its people is so great that he has sent us to destroy it.”
Decline

Post by Decline »

This is the real reason.

But instead of Derp0ne doing minimal resistance like 'well i have to take your stuff away because my tyrannical government will throw me in the oubliette when I let you keep your stuff' he goes out of the way to enforce it: "video verification of buttsex is now mandatory to access nexus mod because the government is discussing to enact a law like that in the next 5 years".

Basically everything that's wrong with europeoids.
Mondain

Post by Mondain »

UK gov thing is a cope. Lots of sexual stuff is banned there that is available on Nexus.
BobT

Post by BobT »

Decline wrote: February 25th, 2024, 19:32
This is the real reason.

But instead of Derp0ne doing minimal resistance like 'well i have to take your stuff away because my tyrannical government will throw me in the oubliette when I let you keep your stuff' he goes out of the way to enforce it: "video verification of buttsex is now mandatory to access nexus mod because the government is discussing to enact a law like that in the next 5 years".

Basically everything that's wrong with europeoids.
That's an excuse. Gender swapping a character from female to male isn't "hate speech" even in the UK.
Rand

Post by Rand »

Xenich wrote: February 25th, 2024, 17:01
I wonder... is it possible for the studios to proclaim that all mods created must follow an accepted standard (ie be woke as crap and push the "narrative") and then start suing anyone who violates that EULA as you just described?
EULA is not law. It may not even be legal in any given jurisdiction or in all/none of them.
EULAs in whole or in part are regularly declared unenforcible or not legal by courts.
Because the lawyers that write them make mistakes or deliberately go beyond the law.
All an EULA is is the rights holder telling you why they MIGHT decide to take you to court if you do certain things and they find out.
I treat them (if printed) as less valuable than toilet paper for that reason.

Some jurisdictions, like mine, have a system where the loser is usually required to pay the court costs of the other party.
This, as you can imagine, makes litigants think twice about launching loser lawsuits.
So I wouldn't expect to see this happen unless they can convince the Americans or EU to write laws to cover their asses that they can use to then bully the rest of the world with.
Last edited by Rand on February 26th, 2024, 04:36, edited 3 times in total.
Goblin_Hammer

Post by Goblin_Hammer »

Rand wrote: February 25th, 2024, 22:25
EULA is not law. It may not even be legal in any given jurisdiction or in all/none of them.
EULAs in whole or in part are regularly declared unenforcible or not legal by courts.
Because the lawyers that write them make mistakes or deliberately go beyond the law.
All an EULA is is the rights holder telling you why they MIGHT decide to take you to court if you do certain things and they find out.

Some jurisdictions, like mine, have a system where the loser is usually required to pay the court costs of the other party.
This, as you can imagine, makes litigants think twice about launching loser lawsuits.
So I wouldn't expect to see this happen unless they can convince the Americans or EU to write laws to cover their asses that they can use to then bully the rest of the world with.
I just watched this video yesterday about the game The Crew, and for the US, the EULA is legally binding, we Americans really have no ownership of any games we purchase unless the EULA give us the exclusive right. We're pretty much fucked in a lot of ways.

We had rights for software and games we purchased until the court case ProCD, Inc. v. Zeidenberg in 1999, and after that EULA are considered enforceable contracts that we the end users are bound too.
► Show Spoiler
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Goblin_Hammer wrote: February 26th, 2024, 08:57
and for the US, the EULA is legally binding,
EULAs are generally considered contracts of adhesion and therefore typically thrown out of court.
The real issue is, neither you nor I have the money to sue Ubisoft. The letter of the law is actually on the side of the consumer, but the court system is slanted heavily against.
Last edited by rusty_shackleford on February 26th, 2024, 09:08, edited 1 time in total.
ANONYMOUS_FRI3ND

Post by ANONYMOUS_FRI3ND »

jcd wrote: January 11th, 2024, 23:50
Vaako wrote: January 11th, 2024, 23:42
So guess if you host it in russia maybe not.
Russia has the most stringent internet censorship laws in the world. Anything resembling a swastika is censored by Roskomnadzor.
It's a lie. Here's an example of a mod that adds SS uniforms to Fallout 4:

https://www.playground.ru/fallout_4/fil ... voj-961119

I couldn't find this mod on the Nexus. It is quite possible that it was removed from there.
jcd

Post by jcd »

ANONYMOUS_FRI3ND wrote: February 26th, 2024, 09:31
Just because you can find one random mod doesn't mean it's not their policy. They just don't have the resources to reach the entire internet. Anyone hosting a website for longer periods of time will get their emails at some point. They lack enforcement powers outside of Russia though.
ANONYMOUS_FRI3ND

jcd wrote: February 26th, 2024, 10:59
ANONYMOUS_FRI3ND wrote: February 26th, 2024, 09:31
Just because you can find one random mod doesn't mean it's not their policy. They just don't have the resources to reach the entire internet. Anyone hosting a website for longer periods of time will get their emails at some point. They lack enforcement powers outside of Russia though.
Dude, I live in Russia) There is no censorship here. Yes, public demonstration and approval of Nazi symbols is prohibited in Russia. These prohibitions apply to real life and social media. But I do not know of a single case where Roskomnadzor would censor mods for games. There are a huge variety of mods for strategy games that add the Third Reich to the game.

In Russia, you can say almost anything you want. There will be problems with the law only if you approve of Nazism, extremism or terrorism. Show me a country where you won't have a problem approving something like this.
ANONYMOUS_FRI3ND

jcd wrote: February 26th, 2024, 11:45
ANONYMOUS_FRI3ND wrote: February 26th, 2024, 11:26
Show me a country where you won't have a problem approving something like this.
India.
If you are ready to swim and shit in the water, which you will then drink, then India is a good option for life (no).
ANONYMOUS_FRI3ND

Irenaeus wrote: February 26th, 2024, 11:59
There is no censorship here. Yes, public demonstration and approval of Nazi symbols is prohibited in Russia.
This is not censorship.

upd: In Russia, you can use Nazi symbols not for propaganda purposes. I probably should have clarified that right away.
Last edited by ANONYMOUS_FRI3ND on February 26th, 2024, 12:13, edited 1 time in total.
Slavic Sorcerer

Post by Slavic Sorcerer »

It's easy to say "make your own mod website" but lets face this
Nexus is way too convenient

I still can find "more skin tones" mods for my character to reflect my moonlight ass, cause game studios seem to often forget pale people and goth aesthetic enthusiasts exist
Dude, I live in Russia) There is no censorship here. Yes, public demonstration and approval of Nazi symbols is prohibited in Russia. These prohibitions apply to real life and social media. But I do not know of a single case where Roskomnadzor would censor mods for games. There are a huge variety of mods for strategy games that add the Third Reich to the game.

In Russia, you can say almost anything you want. There will be problems with the law only if you approve of Nazism, extremism or terrorism. Show me a country where you won't have a problem approving something like this.
Considering anti-gay policies I don't think you can say anything you want, but feel free to correct me, cause ever since Ukro-Rus war true colors come out everywhere, and I have personal and historical beef with Ukros
IIRC LoL's Varus lore was stuck in limbo cause Russia didnt allow for the new lore and new VO to exist. Suddenly it does, and knowing Riot, they pulled out of Russia (also, correct me if I'm wrong) after the war started
India.
Japan too. Have you seen Ichigo's bankai and fullbring from Bleach? That's some meme material

ANONYMOUS_FRI3ND

Slavic Sorcerer wrote: February 26th, 2024, 12:14
It's easy to say "make your own mod website" but lets face this
Nexus is way too convenient

I still can find "more skin tones" mods for my character to reflect my moonlight ass, cause game studios seem to often forget pale people and goth aesthetic enthusiasts exist

Considering anti-gay policies I don't think you can say anything you want, but feel free to correct me, cause ever since Ukro-Rus war true colors come out everywhere, and I have personal and historical beef with Ukros
IIRC LoL's Varus lore was stuck in limbo cause Russia didnt allow for the new lore and new VO to exist. Suddenly it does, and knowing Riot, they pulled out of Russia (also, correct me if I'm wrong) after the war started
India.
Japan too. Have you seen Ichigo's bankai and fullbring from Bleach? That's some meme material

About the anti-gay policy. Non-traditional relationships are not welcome in Russia, especially public ones (in Soviet times, gays were imprisoned for sodomy for up to 5 years). Until the end of 2022, Russia banned LGBT propaganda among children. At the end of 2022, LGBT propaganda was completely banned in Russia, even among adults. And at the end of 2023, LGBT was recognized by the Supreme Court as extremist. Apparently, the government finally had the brains to see what kind of hell is going on in the West because of LGBT people.
You can say whatever you want about LGBT people. You can even approve, but you shouldn't encourage people to become gay or anything. Almost all Russians agree with this, because if you (just an example) kill one person, then one person will suffer, but if you say "go kill", then as many people will suffer as many fools will listen to you.

I don't watch anime.
Kalarion
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Kalarion »

I'm not going to argue Russian life with a Russian obviously, but this:

Is just as retarded as an American or Western European making the same claim. You have it, you just don't feel it. Most likely because you're not (yet) worth paying attention to. See JCD's post re: companies not always actively enforcing their "rights", for when you might suddenly receive unexpected pressure.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

There is no censorship here. Yes, public demonstration and approval of Nazi symbols is prohibited in Russia
Most intelligent slav(e).
ANONYMOUS_FRI3ND

Kalarion wrote: February 26th, 2024, 15:53
I'm not going to argue Russian life with a Russian obviously, but this:

Is just as retarded as an American or Western European making the same claim. You have it, you just don't feel it. Most likely because you're not (yet) worth paying attention to. See JCD's post re: companies not always actively enforcing their "rights", for when you might suddenly receive unexpected pressure.
Think as you want. I shared my observation.
ANONYMOUS_FRI3ND

Vergil wrote: February 26th, 2024, 16:05
There is no censorship here. Yes, public demonstration and approval of Nazi symbols is prohibited in Russia
Most intelligent slav(e).

Rand

Post by Rand »

Goblin_Hammer wrote: February 26th, 2024, 08:57
Rand wrote: February 25th, 2024, 22:25

I just watched this video yesterday about the game The Crew, and for the US, the EULA is legally binding, we Americans really have no ownership of any games we purchase unless the EULA give us the exclusive right. We're pretty much fucked in a lot of ways.

We had rights for software and games we purchased until the court case ProCD, Inc. v. Zeidenberg in 1999, and after that EULA are considered enforceable contracts that we the end users are bound too.
► Show Spoiler
It's not legally binding, though.
I can dig up and show you American courts declaring American EULAs legally invalid or unenforceable.
It's the court that is the actor, the EULA is nothing but the company's demands. And those demands are often beyond what the law allows.