We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Cold climate gear

I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that
Red7

Cold climate gear

Post by Red7 »

as most of u should know, ice age and global cooling is impending upon goyim

(neprane vs wool socks)

i recently tested cheap neoprane socks (around 15 usd in euro kukland), 2,5 maybe 3mm thick, and they did seem to keep warmth way better than ~30 usd very thick wool hunting socks in around -15 celsious for about 4 hours walking and cycling. i recall wool feeling way worse even at -10c, especially if u cycle/with strong wind.

it seems the non breathability of rubber is what makes it better, beside water proofing the wind not going thru like it does with breathable wool (unles u use full eva foam boots i guess but those got other drawbacks than low profile rubber socks*).

downside would be getting feet wet from condensation but;
-i think it would be warmer than wool even if my feet were wet (could be wrong not tested)
-how much will your feet sweat in -20c, probably not much unless u running
-could be partly solved by moisture absorbing socks underneath that would be changed

i guess for long walks 20km+ moisture retention could give u blisters faster also rubber will likely fail faster than woven wool.
but they do seem warmer insulant especially in windy enviroment.

post any experience/opinions.

*reminder of that guy from survival russia who compared western 500 usd cold climate boots to 20 usd eva foam/rubber boots
guess which one is warmer and more practical
Last edited by Red7 on January 8th, 2024, 09:34, edited 1 time in total.
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

What kind of wool are we talking about? Merino, cashmere, camel?

I've never been in true survival situations, but my dad, who was an avid hiker doing treks deep into forest to pick berries and to find better fishing spots, loved apparel made of camel wool. He had a ton of socks made of camel wool, lots of camel wool gloves, sweaters, blankets, etc. Supposedly it's more durable that sheep wool, better at keeping you warm, and doesn't bobble.
Red7

Post by Red7 »

wndrbr wrote: January 8th, 2024, 10:32
What kind of wool are we talking about? Merino, cashmere, camel?

I've never been in true survival situations, but my dad, who was an avid hiker doing treks deep into forest to pick berries and to find better fishing spots, loved apparel made of camel wool. He had a ton of socks made of camel wool, lots of camel wool gloves, sweaters, blankets, etc. Supposedly it's more durable that sheep wool, better at keeping you warm, and doesn't bobble.
im not sure but if i recall survival definition is when your ass is in direct danger so it means u fucked up.

i think merino wool. its supposedly warmest beside alpaci or whatever wool.
i heared camel wool is best for like undergraments like shirts cause it absorbs sweat better, very expensive tho. i never had problems with keeping core warm with just layers of cheap fleece; the hands and feet are issue cause limits of volume to be practical.

that guys from survival russia like camel shirt over synthethics. but i dont sweat much even in summer.
Last edited by Red7 on January 8th, 2024, 13:24, edited 1 time in total.
Red7

Post by Red7 »

socks joke is not even a joke at around -30c
Hauberk

Post by Hauberk »

I haven't tried neoprene socks, but my wetsuit experience tells me I'd rather not get cooked wearing socks made from the same material. It's a stifling kind of heat.

I often wear wool socks, even in the summer. My "standard type" consists of around 40% merino wool and are about as thin as regular cotton socks. They're warmer, even when wet (but you'll still be just as miserable). One thing I have noticed though is that wool socks won't last very long.

I guess that the thing with wool in general is that you need another layer to counter the wind if you want to be be comfortable.
herkzter

Post by herkzter »

one of the best things i've bought for cold weather is this yak-wool hat i bought from some retailer from mongolia. kept my ears warm even with windchill of up to minus 30-40

i also got these thick work socks that my grandmother gave me. they keep out moisture and retain heat excellently

the jacket i got is some no-name hunting coat i bought from Tractor Supply Company's online catalog, but it keeps me warm and it has a waterproof coat on the outer fabric layer; if it gets really bad i can just wear a sweater underneath it
Last edited by herkzter on January 16th, 2024, 06:26, edited 5 times in total.
Red7

Post by Red7 »

Hauberk wrote: January 13th, 2024, 20:24
I haven't tried neoprene socks, but my wetsuit experience tells me I'd rather not get cooked wearing socks made from the same material. It's a stifling kind of heat.

I often wear wool socks, even in the summer. My "standard type" consists of around 40% merino wool and are about as thin as regular cotton socks. They're warmer, even when wet (but you'll still be just as miserable). One thing I have noticed though is that wool socks won't last very long.

I guess that the thing with wool in general is that you need another layer to counter the wind if you want to be be comfortable.
yea i think its air blocking the key at least when u are not exerting too much. i tried woolen socks next day it was even warmer around -13c and after 4 hours it felt really bad, huge difference; in neoprane i was almost comfortable. its very distracting when your feet hurts that much its hard to think about shit you try to do. runnning etc to increase blood flow is not always option if u are constrained on calories etc.

i guess as emergency one could wrap feat in tin foil or even plastic bag on top of socks to limit air flow. neoprane and/or eva foam boots seem best solution except fur boots which are expensive, wore out fast and hate moisture.
Red7

Post by Red7 »

herkzter wrote: January 16th, 2024, 01:02
one of the best things i've bought for cold weather is this yak-wool hat i bought from some retailer from mongolia. kept my ears warm even with windchill of up to minus 30-40

i also got these thick work socks that my grandmother gave me. they keep out moisture and retain heat excellently

the jacket i got is some no-name hunting coat i bought from Tractor Supply Company's online catalog, but it keeps me warm and it has a waterproof coat on the outer fabric layer; if it gets really bad i can just wear a sweater underneath it
fur/wool ushatka type hat is a must under -20c imo. especially in windy enviroment.
Goth-Girl-Supremacy

Post by Goth-Girl-Supremacy »

Just don't be one of those fags who wear scarfs. No goth girl wants to associate with that.
Red7

Post by Red7 »

does balaclava counts as scarf?
Goth-Girl-Supremacy

Post by Goth-Girl-Supremacy »

No, that's essential for kidnapping and holding video decapitation examples.
Red7

Post by Red7 »

yes but u still need to fully cover eyes and have some padding to change shape skull to defeat ai face reconstruction algos.
somerandomdude

Post by somerandomdude »

-15c = 5f = not that cold.

For 5f weather, I can get by with a work coat, sweater, jeans, gloves, toboggan, boots and normal socks.

5f is T-shirt weather for Alaskans. Men are out chopping wood shirtless in those temps because their bodies are conditioned for the cold.

The coldest temp I've been outside in for hours was -18F, and to me that was cold because I'm a pussy who's more used to a warmer climate. Even with this being the case, I just wore 2 pairs of socks, tall lace-up boots, long underwear with sweat pants, a sweater with a carhart bib over top of that, along with a work coat, gloves, toboggan and I was perfectly fine for several hours.

Cold is like -50f, with the wind howling, as soon as you walk outdoors the wind finds its way through your clothes and up your pussy slit where you yelp like a bitch and say "no". You're going to need specially suited clothing for that, arctic grade thermal attire. What I wore in -18f wouldn't work.
Last edited by somerandomdude on January 17th, 2024, 00:53, edited 1 time in total.
Norfleet

Post by Norfleet »

If you really want good cold-weather gear, I recommend wearing dead animals. Wearing a dead animal from the environment you wish to withstand is generally a safe bet.
Red7

Post by Red7 »

Norfleet wrote: January 17th, 2024, 08:41
If you really want good cold-weather gear, I recommend wearing dead animals. Wearing a dead animal from the environment you wish to withstand is generally a safe bet.
true but furs are are expensive, hard to get these days and moisture sensitive. also synthetics dry insanely fast.
Red7

Post by Red7 »

somerandomdude wrote: January 17th, 2024, 00:40
-15c = 5f = not that cold.

For 5f weather, I can get by with a work coat, sweater, jeans, gloves, toboggan, boots and normal socks.

5f is T-shirt weather for Alaskans. Men are out chopping wood shirtless in those temps because their bodies are conditioned for the cold.

The coldest temp I've been outside in for hours was -18F, and to me that was cold because I'm a pussy who's more used to a warmer climate. Even with this being the case, I just wore 2 pairs of socks, tall lace-up boots, long underwear with sweat pants, a sweater with a carhart bib over top of that, along with a work coat, gloves, toboggan and I was perfectly fine for several hours.

Cold is like -50f, with the wind howling, as soon as you walk outdoors the wind finds its way through your clothes and up your pussy slit where you yelp like a bitch and say "no". You're going to need specially suited clothing for that, arctic grade thermal attire. What I wore in -18f wouldn't work.
there is no such thing as being conditioned to the cold.
during workout i got no problem with -20c in thirt or with no tshirt as long as there is no strong wind and i got gloves. hey where the calories go? into the fucking air
unless u got infinite access to calories u just die faster. cold climate is calorie game first and frostbite/circulation game second.

btw cycling in -20c is way worse than walking in -40c.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

If you aren't exercising in strong gales without gloves, you will never be a man.
Norfleet

Post by Norfleet »

Red7 wrote: January 17th, 2024, 09:35
true but furs are are expensive, hard to get these days
Not really: If you're going to where they are, there are already animals. They also conveniently serve as a food source while you're there. If you find them expensive to get, you might just be a terrible shot.
and moisture sensitive. also synthetics dry insanely fast.
Some are more moisture-sensitive than others. Seal, for instance, resists water quite well, as one might expect from an aquatic animal.
Red7

Post by Red7 »

Norfleet wrote: January 18th, 2024, 02:52
true but furs are are expensive, hard to get these days
Not really: If you're going to where they are, there are already animals. They also conveniently serve as a food source while you're there. If you find them expensive to get, you might just be a terrible shot.
and moisture sensitive. also synthetics dry insanely fast.
Some are more moisture-sensitive than others. Seal, for instance, resists water quite well, as one might expect from an aquatic animal.
that impractical suggestion
where i live i only find deer and boars, occasional fox. that shit is not adequate for proper -40c shoes which i would need. for shoes i would need wolverine and beaver. maybe i could get beaver but thats it. plus i would need to buy all the shit for taxidermy and preservatives to treat leather. altho to be fair taxidermy gear could be used on vaginas as well.

then i would have to invest ton of time to sewing them shoes and learning how to do it right on the way. thats like 3000 usd in my time even if i could get all the hides i need.
by the way seal is also not availible but thats worthless for low temps. seal keeps warmth by being fat, unless its baby seal to some degree

as for getting them being expensive or not, its not as much about being good shot but about if u stumble on something with window of clean shot or waste day of frozing your ass off and wasting time and calories.

where i live u cant find wildlife in day. they active almost only during night which adds requirment of nightvision and makes your as freeze even more. skinning is lot of work u have to do it with flashlight which can attract hostile attention etc, its not just cut off some meat and go home.
Red7

Post by Red7 »

maidenhaver wrote: January 17th, 2024, 09:51
If you aren't exercising in strong gales without gloves, you will never be a man.
i do hit concerte wall with naked knuckles to mineralize bones tho. need gloves for pullups cause cant do pull up when i dont feel my hands.
ice on metal bar is great for grip exercise addition tho, good for forearm
Norfleet

Post by Norfleet »

Red7 wrote: January 18th, 2024, 11:08
plus i would need to buy all the shit for taxidermy and preservatives to treat leather.
Every animal has enough brains to preserve its own hide.
Red7 wrote: January 18th, 2024, 11:08
then i would have to invest ton of time to sewing them shoes and learning how to do it right on the way. thats like 3000 usd in my time even if i could get all the hides i need.
I blame your parents for not teaching you the basic skills you actually need to get through life.
Red7

Post by Red7 »

Norfleet wrote: January 19th, 2024, 00:58
Every animal has enough brains to preserve its own hide.
lol tell it to the 6 year old vagina that hillary clinton cutt face off u retard.
the whole tanning business is full time job u cretin, im not a kuk willing to do full time job that would be worse than death.
Red7

Post by Red7 »

wonder how many jewkranians trench foot killed
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by Red7 on January 31st, 2024, 16:41, edited 1 time in total.
Red7

Post by Red7 »

furry bear fuckers should watch this
Red7

Post by Red7 »

i was wondering about those mammoths that were frozen so rapidly the content in their stomach had not decayed. jew run normie retarded kukientists could not figure that shit out.

as it turnS out its COLD PLASMA STORM

during magnetic pole shift of planet induced by micronova solar event the cold plasma storms occurs on at last some parts of planet surface. its how atlantis flooded by by tsunami waves was frozen instantly into antarctica and how mammoths were frozen to bone in couple seconds. if i recall when ihve read about it temeperatures of mutiple negative thousands of C. even if its only near jewish notion of absolute zero (which btw i think wouldnt freeze ocean instantly) u need some well insolated bunker to survive in affected areas, nothing unprotected can survive this on surface.
Red7

Post by Red7 »

im reading cashmere is mutiple times better than wool (per weight i suppose cause i wouldnt care much about volume)
not much products from that goat woll bullshit tho

also i hate goats, jews fuck em

Last edited by Red7 on March 1st, 2024, 08:52, edited 2 times in total.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

I wear fingerless gloves to type during the winter because it makes me feel cool and warm.
Red7

Post by Red7 »

rusty_shackleford wrote: March 1st, 2024, 08:45
I wear fingerless gloves to type during the winter because it makes me feel cool and warm.
i like to wear fingerless gloves under winter gloves so when i have to ake em off for dexterity i still got something protecting my palms