We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Dogshit Localizations

No RPG elements? It probably goes here!
Xenich

Post by Xenich »

ArcaneLurker wrote: February 11th, 2024, 00:54

Troon fragility tbh
Wait, I always thought these games were an RPG with more of a social dialogue focus in play, are they a sex sim or something?
ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

Xenich wrote: April 1st, 2024, 14:28
Wait, I always thought these games were an RPG with more of a social dialogue focus in play, are they a sex sim or something?
:goldfish: I assume this is bait.

I looked up what they were talking about because I've never played it.
Xenich

Post by Xenich »

ArcaneLurker wrote: April 1st, 2024, 14:32
Xenich wrote: April 1st, 2024, 14:28
:goldfish: I assume this is bait.

I looked up what they were talking about because I've never played it.
Ah, ok.. I had picked some of them up in various platforms over the years, never played them, just assumed they were typical FF style RPGs. From watching that video, it is definitely something I don't want in my collection, so trash bin it goes.
ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

Xenich wrote: April 1st, 2024, 14:35
Ah, ok.. I had picked some of them up in various platforms over the years, never played them, just assumed they were typical FF style RPGs. From watching that video, it is definitely something I don't want in my collection, so trash bin it goes.
Atlus also made Catherine, which is some kind of romance-sex-sim-puzzle-game, so it wouldn't surprise me if they were more along those lines than something like Final Fantasy.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

https://careers.nintendo.com/job-openin ... =SNS-10380
https://archive.is/pdx4T
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
LOCALIZATION:
Maintains awareness of culturalization- and DE&I-related topics, identifying issues and proposing solutions as needed
hey it's that thing that doesn't happen
Last edited by WhiteShark on April 2nd, 2024, 19:11, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added archive link
logincrash

Post by logincrash »

Ooh, I love reading this kinda stuff when I need a dose of rage directly in my veins. The fact that they have the gall to do this kinda shit and it all goes unpunished boils my fucking blood. And I don't even play nip games.
Thank God they're starting to lose jobs to AI.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

:what:

In what world would this be an acceptable translation
Last edited by rusty_shackleford on April 9th, 2024, 12:00, edited 1 time in total.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

rusty_shackleford wrote: April 9th, 2024, 12:00
:what:

In what world would this be an acceptable translation
According to Gayming Mag she's the leader of a gang of actual homos. The localizer, probably gay himself, decided to insert American super flamboyant gay/woman lingo.
The guy is actually saying leader in Engrish, so he could have went with something like honcho if he wanted to keep it as a loan word.

https://gaymingmag.com/2021/07/neo-twew ... abeauties/ (worth clicking for the picture of the author)

Edit: I don't even know if they're gay in the Japanese version. Could be fanfiction localization.
Last edited by Oyster Sauce on April 9th, 2024, 12:21, edited 1 time in total.
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

Oyster Sauce wrote: April 9th, 2024, 12:17
I don't even know if they're gay in the Japanese version. Could be fanfiction localization.
The summaries I could find online of the team and its leader make no mention of it being a fag team, but I would have to see the original scenes to be sure.
Also, is it any good? I loved the original TWEWY.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

WhiteShark wrote: April 9th, 2024, 18:15
Oyster Sauce wrote: April 9th, 2024, 12:17
I don't even know if they're gay in the Japanese version. Could be fanfiction localization.
The summaries I could find online of the team and its leader make no mention of it being a fag team, but I would have to see the original scenes to be sure.
Also, is it any good? I loved the original TWEWY.
I dunno. Played a bit of the first one and it wasn't for me. I'm told it could be because the dual touchscreen gameplay doesn't translate very well to an emulator.
Faceless_Sentinel

Post by Faceless_Sentinel »

Looks like Japan decided to reject the reason why gamers like their games and go for dei money.
Oh well, one more publisher whose games aren't worse even pirating.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

Standard release date is the 23rd, but the Deluxe Edition gets 48h early access and if you backed it on Kickstarter you get 72h early access. Shit's insane. Expecting more from this in a few days.

rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Oyster Sauce wrote: April 21st, 2024, 12:13
Standard release date is the 23rd, but the Deluxe Edition gets 48h early access and if you backed it on Kickstarter you get 72h early access. Shit's insane. Expecting more from this in a few days.

I like how you can tell when something is written by a terminally online leftist because they've shaped their entire vocabulary around the censorship of the platforms they use.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

also feel like @Oyster Sauce is purposely using PNG to upset me
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

rusty_shackleford wrote: April 21st, 2024, 12:37
also feel like @Oyster Sauce is purposely using PNG to upset me
The only image format that matters is the one MS Paint defaults to
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

Obviously infuriating qualities aside, the 'muscle-brained' bit really vexes me despite being the only part even minimally related to the original script. Why? There's a word in Japanese that means exactly 'muscle-brained', 脳筋 brain muscle, and it's not the word used in the Japanese line. He's 'used up' that translation now, so if 脳筋 comes up in the script later, he must either translate it the exact same way despite it being a different word (likely), translates it differently despite it having that exact meaning (very likely), or write something completely unrelated (maximally likely).
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

WhiteShark wrote: April 21st, 2024, 13:22
Obviously infuriating qualities aside, the 'muscle-brained' bit really vexes me despite being the only part even minimally related to the original script. Why? There's a word in Japanese that means exactly 'muscle-brained', 脳筋 brain muscle, and it's not the word used in the Japanese line. He's 'used up' that translation now, so if 脳筋 comes up in the script later, he must either translate it the exact same way despite it being a different word (likely), translates it differently despite it having that exact meaning (very likely), or write something completely unrelated (maximally likely).
*sigh* another slant-brained incel
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

Rub-a-dub-dub, thanks for the grub!

Last edited by Oyster Sauce on April 22nd, 2024, 14:06, edited 1 time in total.
Faceless_Sentinel

Post by Faceless_Sentinel »

Oyster Sauce wrote: April 22nd, 2024, 14:05

If only there was a way to make them pay for this dogshit.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

Faceless_Sentinel wrote: April 22nd, 2024, 14:34
Oyster Sauce wrote: April 22nd, 2024, 14:05

If only there was a way to make them pay for this dogshit.
It's interesting to see how incestuous the industry is as more games get added to the list and we get to connect the dots. For example, Sam Burton, a lead at Dragonbaby, is in the credits for Eiyuden Chronicles even though it was localized by 8-4.

aweigh
Turtle
Turtle

Post by aweigh »

this one is breaking my heart. i've been waiting years for this game.