We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Stellar Blade

No RPG elements? It probably goes here!
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Breathe wrote: February 14th, 2024, 03:22
Fucking Skull and Bones number 3... Retards fill this world.
looks fun to me

Tags:
Anon

Post by Anon »

Hope the game becomes successful. That'll incentivize/force western developers into making attractive women again. If the game's ultimately crap, that only shows how people are willing to forgive significant design flaws for the sake of cooming, even more incentive for all developers.
Breathe

Post by Breathe »

rusty_shackleford wrote: February 14th, 2024, 03:53
Breathe wrote: February 14th, 2024, 03:22
Fucking Skull and Bones number 3... Retards fill this world.
looks fun to me
I watched Lobos' stream trying it out, and in this first few minutes it was a woman captain with a bunch of women mates yelling shit. No thanks.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

Pay Station wrote: February 14th, 2024, 03:37
I guess @aweigh probably pre ordered the $80 Stellar Blade Digital Deluxe Edition.
He doesn't even have the fucking console it's exclusive to
KnightoftheWind

Post by KnightoftheWind »

It took them 11 whole years to copy the pirate ship mechanic from Assassin's Creed IV into it's own game, 11 years. If it's even halfway decent it would be a miracle, and still not worth buying. Reminder to never support Ubislop with a dime of your money, especially seeing as it's an online only game and you wouldn't be able to own it anyway. Just rent.
BobT

Post by BobT »

Oyster Sauce wrote: February 14th, 2024, 04:28
I guess @aweigh probably pre ordered the $80 Stellar Blade Digital Deluxe Edition.
Exclusives need to be taken out back and put down. (If they're not by the company that made the console itself).
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

BobT wrote: February 14th, 2024, 05:02
Exclusives need to be taken out back and put down. (If they're not by the company that made the console itself).
They basically have been https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Categor ... only_games
BobT

Post by BobT »

Good. Fuck exclusives.
Even the very short ones are needless. I can understand say, Nintendo wanting to promote its own hardware (for a time), but for anyone else? Give everyone the game.
And especially fuck consoles (even as an ex console gamer). Games should be released on as many platforms as feasibly possible, so people can enjoy it on the one they own or prefer.
KnightoftheWind

Agreed. Exclusives are defended as a way to entice you to buy one console over the other, but I consider that to be corporate manipulation and strong arming, especially if those titles aren't developed in-house as is the case with companies like Square. Which often chooses to make their games exclusive to the PlayStation for one reason or another. The people that are okay with such practices are delusional fans, through and through.

The success of the PC has finally forced companies like Sony and Microsoft to bend the knee, and I hope Nintendo will soon follow. Their situation is different of course given how well the Switch is going and how rabid their fans are, but who knows. Ideally all developers and publishers would make native Linux games, seeing as it's the most open software platform and gives the user the most control over their PCs. But as much of a pipe dream that may be, one can dream.
Pay Station

Post by Pay Station »

People who hate the game obviously won't buy it. Those who like it but don't have a PS5 won't buy it either. So who will buy it and can give a review here? I'm looking forward to the exclusive RPGHQ Stellar Blade review.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

Aweigh is a pirate.
Breathe

Post by Breathe »

BobT wrote: February 14th, 2024, 05:15
Good. Fuck exclusives.
Even the very short ones are needless. I can understand say, Nintendo wanting to promote its own hardware (for a time), but for anyone else? Give everyone the game.
And especially fuck consoles (even as an ex console gamer). Games should be released on as many platforms as feasibly possible, so people can enjoy it on the one they own or prefer.
While I agree in part, exclusives (good ones) are necessary to sell your hardware. Look what's happening to xbox since they couldn't release a good exclusive for 10 years and now everything is available on PC. There became no reason to buy the console. I think PS is behind xbox a decade or so in having less relevant hardware now that they're releasing on PC. Switch has been dominating in their niche, but with others trying to compete now (Steam Deck and others) they may have to produce a more up to date handheld (which the Switch 2 won't be). It'll be interesting to see how it all plays out.
BobT

Post by BobT »

Breathe wrote: February 14th, 2024, 14:41
BobT wrote: February 14th, 2024, 05:15
Good. Fuck exclusives.
While I agree in part, exclusives (good ones) are necessary to sell your hardware. Look what's happening to xbox since they couldn't release a good exclusive for 10 years and now everything is available on PC. There became no reason to buy the console. I think PS is behind xbox a decade or so in having less relevant hardware now that they're releasing on PC. Switch has been dominating in their niche, but with others trying to compete now (Steam Deck and others) they may have to produce a more up to date handheld (which the Switch 2 won't be). It'll be interesting to see how it all plays out.
So it's a false market, then. If the consoles can't sell their hardware without hogging all the games then maybe they could try being less shit.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

Steam Deck in hotels, phone at the wage cage, and battlestation in mom's basement. That is the optimal gaming fleet.
Pay Station

Post by Pay Station »

BobT wrote: February 14th, 2024, 16:09
So it's a false market, then. If the consoles can't sell their hardware without hogging all the games then maybe they could try being less shit.
It is not a false market.

There is always a market for people who like a simple (or you can say: restricted/dumbed down) device. Some are just too lazy or dumb to build/buy/use a computer. Yesterday, I read a post on a forum where someone wanted to sell his PC to buy a console because he wanted to game on his big TV. WTF? How about moving the gaming setup and connecting it to TV?

You can see this trend in other markets too. People choose inferior quality products for the sake of convenience.
Element

Post by Element »

Anon wrote: February 14th, 2024, 03:56
Hope the game becomes successful. That'll incentivize/force western developers into making attractive women again.
No. The people who pull the trigger on design choices aren't incentivized by money or success
BobT

Post by BobT »

Pay Station wrote: February 15th, 2024, 08:19
BobT wrote: February 14th, 2024, 16:09
It is not a false market.

There is always a market for people who like a simple (or you can say: restricted/dumbed down) device. Some are just too lazy or dumb to build/buy/use a computer. Yesterday, I read a post on a forum where someone wanted to sell his PC to buy a console because he wanted to game on his big TV. WTF? How about moving the gaming setup and connecting it to TV?

You can see this trend in other markets too. People choose inferior quality products for the sake of convenience.
I meant false market as in that it's artificially propped up by exclusives, rather than letting them stand on their own two feet. I understand that there is some demand, just that level can't be accurately assessed when people are FORCED to buy them to play certain games, rather than just choose to.
WaterMage

Post by WaterMage »

That'll incentivize/force western developers into making attractive women again
Larry Fink's money matters more to them than costumer money.
Rand

Post by Rand »

WaterMage wrote: February 15th, 2024, 15:29
Like the people that make costumes for cosplayers?
aweigh
Turtle
Turtle

Post by aweigh »

hopeful tidings for the PC port, the Stellar Blade account on X has been 'liking' posts that ask for a PC port:

KnightoftheWind

I'm certain a PC version is inevitable, depending on the success of the game that is. I think it'll do quite well.
Metalhead33

Post by Metalhead33 »

You vill play ze game viz ze ugly vomen, and you vill like it.

For some reason, I keep confusing Larry Fink and Klaus Schwab for each other, or conflating the two.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Metalhead33 wrote: March 7th, 2024, 08:28
You vill play ze game viz ze ugly vomen, and you vill like it.

For some reason, I keep confusing Larry Fink and Klaus Schwab for each other, or conflating the two.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

aweigh wrote: March 7th, 2024, 04:57
hopeful tidings for the PC port, the Stellar Blade account on X has been 'liking' posts that ask for a PC port:

It's a PS5 game, no shit it's getting a PC pirt
OnTilt

Post by OnTilt »

Pay Station wrote: February 15th, 2024, 08:19
Those people don't deserve nice things anyway.
Segata
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Segata »

Demo went prematurely up for a while by error

Last edited by Segata on March 9th, 2024, 01:58, edited 1 time in total.
Segata
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Segata »

This is why Sweet Baby Inc. is needed. This video game is EXTREMELY PROBLEMATIC. Do better.

Anon

Post by Anon »

Lacking ugly dykes and body types, won't play
Segata
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Segata »

It's over. Korea has fallen.

BobT

Post by BobT »

Well, that's the end of that.