We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

NSFW - Post Random Images

Something not gaming related? Discuss it here!
Shillitron
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Shillitron »

rusty_shackleford wrote: February 8th, 2024, 16:31
Pixel art is expensive.
Not my problem.

Can't produce pixel artwork as good as Metal Slug? Indie junk.
aweigh
Turtle
Turtle

Post by aweigh »

Shillitron wrote: February 8th, 2024, 16:34
Pixel art is expensive.
Not my problem.

Can't produce pixel artwork as good as Metal Slug? Indie junk.
they can't even equal pixel art from SNES/PS1 days.
aweigh
Turtle
Turtle

Post by aweigh »

looked for the thread and it got nuked in both reddit and the repost at bodybuilding Misc. Jannies went DEFCON 1.
Last edited by aweigh on February 8th, 2024, 16:41, edited 1 time in total.
aweigh
Turtle
Turtle

Post by aweigh »

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... 235819558/
Wil Wheaton Rages at Larry David for Elmo Attack: “Appalling, Unforgivable, Despicable”
The 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' actor says he was abused as a child similar to how the 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' star attacked the 'Sesame Street' icon and sparks a viral debate about the stunt.

BY JAMES HIBBERD

Plus Icon

FEBRUARY 8, 2024 11:00AM
Wil Wheaton Elmo Larry David
Wil Wheaton, Elmo and Larry David ALBERT L. ORTEGA/GETTY IMAGES; CRAIG BARRITT/GETTY IMAGES; KEVIN WINTER/GETTY IMAGES
Share this article on Facebook
Share this article on Twitter
Share this article on Flipboard
Share this article on Email
Show additional share options
Wil Wheaton has unloaded on Larry David for the Curb Your Enthusiasm star’s on-air Elmo attack.

The Star Trek: The Next Generation actor posted an intense 900-word essay on Facebook about the viral stunt, where David throttled the ever-cheerful and child-like Sesame Street icon live on NBC’s Today during a segment on mental health, and then told viewers “somebody had to do it.” David was prodded into apologizing for the incident, but he did so seemingly reluctantly and with a smile.

Wheaton had a strong reaction to the footage and revealed he was abused in a similar way growing up. His rant has made some re-examine last week’s incident — which was largely greeted with amusement online — while others are mocking the actor as “profanely oversensitive.”

Related Stories
From left Susie Essman, Larry David, Cheryl Hines and J.B. Smoove.
TV
Critic's Notebook: Enthusiasm Waxed and Waned, but 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' Played a Long Game
Larry David
TV
Why 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' Is Ending and the Story Behind Season 12's Premiere Kicker
“When I was growing up, my dad would grab me by the shoulders and shake me while he screamed in my face,” Wheaton wrote. “He choked me more than once. He was always out of control, always in a furious rage, and always terrifying. I’m a 51-year-old man and my heart is pounding right now, recalling how I felt when I was a little boy who loved Grover the way today’s kids love Elmo. So this appalling, unforgivable, despicable act hits more than one raw nerve for me, and I’m going to say what I wish I’d been able to say when this sort of thing happened to me.”

And then Wheaton really went off on David.

“What the fuck is wrong with that guy?” he wrote. “Elmo is, like, the best friend to multiple generations of children. In the Sesame Street universe, ELMO IS A CHILD, who is currently putting mental health and caring for others in the spotlight. What an asshole. What a stupid, self-centered, tone deaf asshole … Larry David strikes me as a person who mocks and belittles people who are vulnerable and sensitive, and enjoys being cruel, because he feels untouchable … First of all, you aren’t even in the segment, but you just decided to barge in and draw focus because … why? You couldn’t stand that a puppet brought people together in a meaningful way that you can’t? You couldn’t stand that your appearance on national television to promote your wildly successful series was delayed for a few seconds while the adults talked about mental health? You wanted to manufacture a viral moment where everyone gets to see what an asshole you are, so they’ll tune in and watch you portray an asshole in the last season of your show that celebrates how great it is to be an asshole without ever experiencing the consequences of being an asshole?”

Wheaton added: “Elmo is an avatar for children all over the world. Children who are too small to understand Elmo is a puppet will know that a man attacked someone they love for no reason, and that will frighten and confuse them … Elmo and the Muppets teach and model to children all over the world that kindness and empathy aren’t weak or stupid or any of the things people like Larry David and my dad think they are … Elmo and the Muppets offer comfort and friendship and support to a world that is starving for it.”

Wheaton’s achingly sincere post has drawn support from some corners of the Internet, with one user noting, “If you’re mocking Wil Wheaton for having his PTSD triggered by watching Larry David assault Elmo — who just brought many, many people together in a moment of emotional healing — find that unfollow button and hit it. Go find your fellow garbage people, bond with them.”

Opined another, “Wil Wheaton’s post was definitely overwrought, but… he’s right. Larry David is an asshole and it was an asshole thing to do *especially* considering the context of why Elmo was on the show in the first place.”

While journalist Glenn Greenwald was one of those mocking the actor, writing, “The Star Trek actor and intrepid liberal activist Wil Wheaton posted a screed on Facebook full of rage toward Larry David for viciously assaulting the puppet named Elmo. I debated if it were satire for the first 4 paragraphs. When I realized it wasn’t, I didn’t want it to end.” While another wrote, “Wil Wheaton needs to calm down. My Dad was also an alcoholic and I grew up watching and experiencing abuse, it was total dysfunction. If Larry David grabbed Rainbow Brite and beat the 💩 out of her, that would actually be therapeutic for me. Because I would laugh my ass off. Sit tf down, Wil.”

Wheaton has publicly criticized his parents previously, having claimed during last year’s Writers Guild strike that they squandered his Next Generation earnings. “My parents stole nearly all of my salary from my entire childhood,” he wrote. “My Star Trek residuals were all I had, and they kept me afloat for two decades while I rebuilt my life.”

After the Today incident, David went onto Late Night With Seth Meyers and further explained, “Elmo was talking. I was waiting to be interviewed. And Elmo was (in Elmo voice) going on about mental health. And I had to listen to every word. And I was going, ‘Oh my God! Oh my God! I don’t think I can take another second of this!’ (In normal voice) And I got off my chair and I approached him. And I throttled him. There you go. I couldn’t take it … And you know what, I would do it again.”
Last edited by aweigh on February 9th, 2024, 02:18, edited 1 time in total.
Red7

Post by Red7 »

how men see kuks
Last edited by Red7 on February 9th, 2024, 16:40, edited 1 time in total.
Red7

Post by Red7 »

i mean, i know lot of under 6 feet tall white men go to japan to feel superior to 90% of male population there. its kinda like being 7 feet tall basketball player in murica. except not a nigger, asians hate niggers. vagina primitve brain be like "this guy taller, i must swallow his sperm"
Vlajdimir Ermenović

Post by Vlajdimir Ermenović »

Red7 wrote: February 9th, 2024, 16:47
i mean, i know lot of under 6 feet tall white men go to japan to feel superior to 90% of male population there. its kinda like being 7 feet tall basketball player in murica. except not a nigger, asians hate niggers. vagina primitve brain be like "this guy taller, i must swallow his sperm"
Save money and go to Italy. You will get extra points with the women for being the only white person around.
Segata
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Segata »

Shillitron wrote: February 8th, 2024, 16:24
It's depressing that we have never seen 2d / "pixel art" this good since.

Now everything is just "lol-kek" indie pixel trash that makes me vomit. We have regressed so far in gaming.
Pixel art is expensive. Difficult be good at, and a rare skillset for a game artist to even have.
I suspect a couple more years of AI improvements will make all that moot tho.
Until then, you will get le quirky indie game with realistic environments, quirky 2D pixelart characters and tons of bloom. I'm soyfacing so hard!

Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

I have like 10 PS4 games and I hide them away because I'd be ashamed to display video games
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

Oyster Sauce wrote: February 11th, 2024, 20:30
I have like 10 PS4 games and I hide them away because I'd be ashamed to display video games
I don't know, I think displaying a complete collection of the PS4 library would be pretty cool.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

Without gay marriage, he would still have a collection.