We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

NYTimes confirms female character to tranny pipeline is REAL

No RPG elements? It probably goes here!
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

NYTimes confirms female character to tranny pipeline is REAL

Post by rusty_shackleford »

NYTimes accidentally wades into a years old argument to confirm that yes, playing as a woman in a video game does make you a tranny
https://archive.is/Fp8G7
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

Technically this only confirms that trannies play female characters, not that everyone who plays a female character is a tranny. This part was funny, though:
Managers at Larian Studios credited transgender and nonbinary employees for improving the character creator that contributed to the success of the role-playing game Baldur’s Gate 3. One of this year’s most celebrated releases, the game was praised for its customizability and branching story lines that capture the spontaneity of tabletop Dungeons & Dragons games.

“We definitely learned that we needed to be very open-minded and not restrict ourselves,” said Alena Dubrovina, an art director at Larian who oversaw the character creator. “A huge design pillar was allowing players to live their ultimate fantasies.”

An important step toward that goal was the decision to include genitals among the physical traits that could be customized, with different shapes available.
Gender expression makes little difference to the game’s narrative, which some transgender players celebrated. “Those decisions are just for us,” Vind said. “You choose those options, and everyone will treat your character normally.”
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Imagine if Christians were 1/10th as outspoken as trannies are, every game would feature characters praying to Jesus.
Last edited by rusty_shackleford on January 1st, 2024, 15:01, edited 1 time in total.
J1M
Turtle
Turtle

Post by J1M »

Genital slider was dumb because the game features no reactivity related to it.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Some of the comments in the data files make me wonder how much creative control Swen had, and why.
For example, there's a comment stating Swen specifically said to exclude the genital slider for the 'person you dream of at night' character.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

rusty_shackleford wrote: January 1st, 2024, 14:59
Imagine if Christians were 1/10th as outspoken as trannies are, every game would feature characters praying to Jesus.
Troons are outspoken because corpos are using them to wage proxy war against the White Man. That war just happens to involve them and Christians, it has nothing to do with their antics or money.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

Genital sliders are abelist against blown out vaginas with big meaty curtains.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

maidenhaver wrote: January 1st, 2024, 17:57
rusty_shackleford wrote: January 1st, 2024, 14:59
Troons are outspoken because corpos are using them to wage proxy war against the White Man. That war just happens to involve them and Christians, it has nothing to do with their antics or money.
You underestimate how flooded all communications channels would be if Christians were anything like trannies in regards to complaining. They're a bunch of complacent sloths.
Dead
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Dead »

rusty_shackleford wrote: January 1st, 2024, 18:03
Dead wrote: January 1st, 2024, 18:03
Either way the thread title is wrong.
Adding you to my pre-troon list.
The article only states that some transgender individuals play female characters, not that if you play a female character, you will become a tranny.
Segata
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Segata »

American to tranny pipeline is very much real
Segata
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Segata »

Only Americans troon out and then blame foreign media for it
Roguey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Roguey »

Segata Sanshiro wrote: January 1st, 2024, 18:36
Three years ago, Nora Vind published a video essay comparing her experience coming out as transgender to the transformative experience of Madeline, a character in the 2018 game Celeste whose own journey of self-discovery is symbolized by a treacherous mountain climb.
“Even before I knew I was escaping, I was escaping into video games,” Vind, now a 23-year-old university student in Denmark, said in an interview. “And there was a scene in that game where Madeline calls her mom to say she feels overwhelmed. It gave me the courage to talk to my mother about being trans the next time I went home.”
?
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Playing as a female character has always been a massive red flag. Even the cope (lie) answer of "hurr durr Im gonna have to stare at an ass for hours!" still makes someone out to be a massive coomer which is also a path to trooning out anyway. Every person I've known who regularly played as a female in games ended up trooning out in some form or another.
Segata
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Segata »

Roguey wrote: January 1st, 2024, 20:43
Segata Sanshiro wrote: January 1st, 2024, 18:36
Three years ago, Nora Vind published a video essay comparing her experience coming out as transgender to the transformative experience of Madeline, a character in the 2018 game Celeste whose own journey of self-discovery is symbolized by a treacherous mountain climb.
“Even before I knew I was escaping, I was escaping into video games,” Vind, now a 23-year-old university student in Denmark, said in an interview. “And there was a scene in that game where Madeline calls her mom to say she feels overwhelmed. It gave me the courage to talk to my mother about being trans the next time I went home.”
?
I blame North American media for this.
J1M
Turtle
Turtle

Post by J1M »

Vergil wrote: January 1st, 2024, 20:51
Playing as a female character has always been a massive red flag. Even the cope (lie) answer of "hurr durr Im gonna have to stare at an ass for hours!" still makes someone out to be a massive coomer which is also a path to trooning out anyway. Every person I've known who regularly played as a female in games ended up trooning out in some form or another.
The friend from college I had that used this reason ended up with a trans girlfriend living in his apartment.

Adjacent indeed.
Last edited by J1M on January 1st, 2024, 23:30, edited 1 time in total.
Vaako

Post by Vaako »

So if you played Horizon Zero Dawn or Metroid you are a tranny now? So what does it make someone if you play a game where you play as an alien/blob or some other monster?
Last edited by Vaako on January 2nd, 2024, 01:13, edited 1 time in total.
aweigh
Turtle
Turtle

Post by aweigh »

rusty_shackleford wrote: January 1st, 2024, 13:55
NYTimes accidentally wades into a years old argument to confirm that yes, playing as a woman in a video game does make you a tranny
I've always despised those people who talk about "i'd rather look at her ass", it sounds like when idiots talk about how "two chicks kissing is sooo hot".

I'm glad my internal instinct to always play as a male character just to own the libs was correct.
aweigh
Turtle
Turtle

Post by aweigh »

WhiteShark wrote: January 1st, 2024, 14:34
“A huge design pillar was allowing players to live their ultimate fantasies.”
No boob slider though because sexist gamers creating big titty women is bad.
aweigh
Turtle
Turtle

Post by aweigh »

Vaako wrote: January 2nd, 2024, 01:12
So if you played Horizon Zero Dawn or Metroid you are a tranny now? So what does it make someone if you play a game where you play as an alien/blob or some other monster?
Horizon, yes. Metroid? No. Context is important. Horizon is propaganda whereas Metroid is just a game.
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

I don't think games in which you can't choose the protagonist's sex count, though there are people who refuse to even play games with a female protagonist.
Mondain

Post by Mondain »

If you played horizon and didn't quit within a couple hours you are on the pipeline
KnightoftheWind

Post by KnightoftheWind »

WhiteShark wrote: January 2nd, 2024, 02:08
I don't think games in which you can't choose the protagonist's sex count, though there are people who refuse to even play games with a female protagonist.
This phenomenon seems to be restricted to anime and RPGs. The former is likely because a lot of anime shows and films feature female protagonists and overall feminine-themes and mannerisms, while RPGs allow you to customize your own digital "avatar". Thus you can end up familiarising yourself with a female version of yourself, and seek to replicate that in real-life. But it may very well be any combination of the two with other factors.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

So if you played Horizon Zero Dawn or Metroid you are a tranny now?
Yes.
So what does it make someone if you play a game where you play as an alien/blob or some other monster?
It makes you a sick and vile traitor to your planet.
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

Not really different than using a female/anime avatar to represent yourself on the internet, which is basically how most troons start out. Seeing yourself represented as a girl on virtual mediums, whether as an image or a player character, and enjoying it is how a lot of, if not most autogynephiles start out. I will seldom finish a game when I am forced to play a woman, it just instantly makes a game less enjoyable for me.
Atlantico
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Atlantico »

trannies play bg3 :scratch:
Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Tweed »

I always picked Tyris Flare when I played Golden Axe in the arcade. :smug: