We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Woke Wolverine game by the Spider-Man devs (leaked videos/images)

No RPG elements? It probably goes here!
aweigh
Turtle
Turtle

Post by aweigh »

lol it has crafting

throw knives to distract the enemy and sneak around!

Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Not even released and already turbo mogged by the Origins movie tie in game insomniac I KNEEL
Emphyrio

Post by Emphyrio »

aweigh wrote: December 21st, 2023, 22:02
lol it has crafting

throw knives to distract the enemy and sneak around!

You can already tell exactly how this game is going to play and feel. Like every other game coming out now with crafting, 3rd person combat, glowy prompts, batman vision, crouch-stealth with enemies who can't see further than 10 feet away. Another "monogame".
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

Game is now synonymous with a thing that does all those things, and as shit as possible.
Slavic Sorcerer

Post by Slavic Sorcerer »

aweigh wrote: December 19th, 2023, 16:22
Before even looking at the videos, here's your new "beautiful" Jean Grey:

the cast:

I expected Wolverine's musculature to be a bit...bigger, more defined and toned to be quite honest
He's a close combat fighter after all

Already lost interest
Last edited by Slavic Sorcerer on December 21st, 2023, 23:03, edited 1 time in total.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

Out of the 100s of X-Men running around imagine basing a game on the guy who shares his superpower with every Call of Duty protagonist.
Last edited by Oyster Sauce on December 22nd, 2023, 02:19, edited 1 time in total.
gerey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by gerey »

Imagine if modern Western devs were actually competent - instead of this slop the game would have been inspired by Metal Gear Revengance and you'd be running around as an angry Canadian manlet cutting everything into chunky bits, trying to be stylish as possible, while a badass metal soundtrack was playing the background.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Wolverine is well known for his stealth abilities and willingness to distract enemies.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

gerey wrote: December 22nd, 2023, 12:25
Imagine if modern Western devs were actually competent - instead of this slop the game would have been inspired by Metal Gear Revengance and you'd be running around as an angry Canadian manlet cutting everything into chunky bits, trying to be stylish as possible, while a badass metal soundtrack was playing the background.
Playing out the war montage scene would be cool

Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Oyster Sauce wrote: December 22nd, 2023, 13:11
gerey wrote: December 22nd, 2023, 12:25
Playing out the war montage scene would be cool

People despise this movie but it's better than every MCU film since like 2010.
Segata
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Segata »

Millions of devs killing themselves because of this. Hope you're proud, chuds.

Vergil

Post by Vergil »

DOZENS of female diversity hires and HR employees are crying while their male coworkers continue to do all the real work you damn dirty trolls... Insomniac has fallen...
J1M
Turtle
Turtle

Post by J1M »

Segata Sanshiro wrote: December 22nd, 2023, 14:50
Millions of devs killing themselves because of this. Hope you're proud, chuds.

Weird decision to make it publicly known that they were storing employee and other sensitive information unencrypted on the same servers as their source control system.
gerey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by gerey »

Imagine if the Rockstar hadn't been a faggot and had released the source-code for GTA 5 and 6, imagine how much damage that would have done to Rockstar.
aweigh
Turtle
Turtle

Post by aweigh »

here's a screenshot from an Insomniac dev, apparently they posted this to their twitter to brag and then took it down actually seems it was part of the recent Sony hack:

Last edited by aweigh on December 25th, 2023, 23:21, edited 1 time in total.
aweigh
Turtle
Turtle

Post by aweigh »

LOL apparently they force their devs to have mandatory Clockwork Orange-style sessions of indoctrination watching these kind of videos:

J1M
Turtle
Turtle

Post by J1M »

aweigh wrote: December 25th, 2023, 23:29
Here are the full slides:

"It's obvious when characters are created from outside the community", yep, and yet they continue to (illegally?) target hiring queers and women instead of neckbeards that actually read comic books.
Last edited by J1M on December 29th, 2023, 15:51, edited 1 time in total.
Bertram_Tung

Post by Bertram_Tung »

Gotta hand it to companies like Insomniac, Sweet Baby Inc, & Sony, they are saving me a lot of money these days.
Breathe

Post by Breathe »

Bertram_Tung wrote: January 2nd, 2024, 13:07
Gotta hand it to companies like Insomniac, Sweet Baby Inc, & Sony, they are saving me a lot of money these days.
Very much so. The last new game I purchased was Elden Ring, and before that Death Stranding. Besides that, nothing. I've ended up becoming a retro gamer just from disgust.
GhostCow

Post by GhostCow »

I honestly never thought I'd say this, but I'm getting closer and closer to quitting gaming every day
KnightoftheWind

Post by KnightoftheWind »

I wonder how many times people can play the exact same game before getting sick of it.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

KnightoftheWind wrote: January 2nd, 2024, 19:02
I wonder how many times people can play the exact same game before getting sick of it.
I'm playing Oblivion for the millionth time. Its just been at least ten years since the last game.
KnightoftheWind

Post by KnightoftheWind »

maidenhaver wrote: January 2nd, 2024, 19:25
KnightoftheWind wrote: January 2nd, 2024, 19:02
I'm playing Oblivion for the millionth time. Its just been at least ten years since the last game.
That's not what I meant, I mean the same Sony Cinematic Slop that looks and plays the same. The only difference is the character models being swapped. I would gladly play a game like Oblivion a dozen times, because it isn't regurgitated under a different name every few years. But these AAA consoomers have been playing what amounts to the exact same experience many times over.
Breathe

Post by Breathe »

GhostCow wrote: January 2nd, 2024, 18:09
I honestly never thought I'd say this, but I'm getting closer and closer to quitting gaming every day
I feel the same. I've got my guitar sitting next to me and it's looking better each and every day. Just got a few new pedals too. :D
aweigh
Turtle
Turtle

Post by aweigh »

technically i guess this is mainly Sweet Baby Inc related but it's also from the new Wolverine game's lead writer so...

Last edited by aweigh on March 7th, 2024, 04:52, edited 2 times in total.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

aweigh wrote: March 7th, 2024, 04:45
technically i guess this is mainly Sweet Baby Inc related but it's also from the new Wolverine game's lead writer so...
It's exactly what I've previously said: These devteams are 100% on board with it.
Nothing will get done until publishers and/or investors force them to all be fired.