Greedfall 2 - a bit of poison on my blade, then LET'S GO

For discussing role-playing video games, you know, the ones with combat.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Greedfall 2 - a bit of poison on my blade, then LET'S GO

Post by Oyster Sauce »

Prequel set 3 years before the first one, which I liked a lot. Stylish game, very dumb choice to have the small native tribes be an equal mix of white/black/Chinese. As an avid AA RPG enjoyer, Spiders has yet to let me down (unless Steel Rising sucks, didn't play that one)

Last edited by Oyster Sauce on January 2nd, 2024, 17:27, edited 1 time in total.

Tags:
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

Things are about to get dicey!
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

I wanted to get into the first game so bad but some of the characters being ugly browns and the omnipresent anglo accents kind of killed it for me. I would have hoped a French game would have had a French dub...

Post by 1998 »

New trailer, and it's not looking good.

I liked the first one more than I should, but damn why....

Post by 1998 »

A brand new trailer was broadcasted and revealed that GreedFall 2 is going to be released this Summer 2024 in early access.
Breathe

Post by Breathe »

First one was plain and garbage anyway. Crazy they even made a sequel.
Roguey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Roguey »

rusty_shackleford wrote: March 5th, 2024, 17:55
looks like yet another studio ruined by libtard garbage
Doesn't look any different from the first one.
logincrash

Post by logincrash »

I tried to finish the first game because I saw a gif of handholding with your cousin but not even breaking the game with the OP firearms build make it any less tedious to run back and forth doing fetch quests.
Also, the goddamn native merchant screeching ON OL MENAWI! at you every time you passed by was way too annoying.
Oyster Sauce wrote: December 18th, 2023, 07:53
very dumb choice to have the small native tribes be an equal mix of white/black/Chinese
I heard an explanation that kinda made sense in-game. Every faction has at least a somewhat believable reason to be so mixed. The Merchant Republic is full of happy merchants from all countries, the Arabs only really care for progress and recruit only the brightest, the Catholics only care about the religion. And the natives aren't actually native but a bunch of shipwrecked normalfags that have gone feral over the course of years of living on the island. That's why there are ruins of familiar continental architecture scattered about the place.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

logincrash wrote: March 5th, 2024, 19:01
I tried to finish the first game because I saw a gif of handholding with your cousin but not even breaking the game with the OP firearms build make it any less tedious to run back and forth doing fetch quests.
Also, the goddamn native merchant screeching ON OL MENAWI! at you every time you passed by was way too annoying.
very dumb choice to have the small native tribes be an equal mix of white/black/Chinese
I heard an explanation that kinda made sense in-game. Every faction has at least a somewhat believable reason to be so mixed. The Merchant Republic is full of happy merchants from all countries, the Arabs only really care for progress and recruit only the brightest, the Catholics only care about the religion. And the natives aren't actually native but a bunch of shipwrecked normalfags that have gone feral over the course of years of living on the island. That's why there are ruins of familiar continental architecture scattered about the place.
So every faction is a bland mixture of the same handful of people copy pasted around the world. Epic worldbuilding...
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Vergil wrote: March 5th, 2024, 19:04
So every faction is a bland mixture of the same handful of people copy pasted around the world. Epic worldbuilding...
haha it's not weird at all how every video game uses this exact same template haha
Element

Post by Element »

1998 wrote: March 5th, 2024, 17:20
New trailer, and it's not looking good.

I liked the first one more than I should, but damn why....

Impressive to have an execution via firing squad in the middle of the work yard

On a more serious note, thematically its not all that different to what they shared last year
Last edited by Element on March 5th, 2024, 19:10, edited 1 time in total.
logincrash

Post by logincrash »

Vergil wrote: March 5th, 2024, 19:04
I didn't say it was a foolproof explanation, only that it was somewhat plausible. We all know that they can't really do ethnically homogenous factions because of the modernvitch politicalberg climatestein.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

logincrash wrote: March 5th, 2024, 19:01
I love their stupid accents so much, could listen to them all day.
Shillitron
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Shillitron »

The first one was so boring.. I keep trying to play it and I just can't enjoy it.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Shillitron wrote: March 5th, 2024, 20:21
The first one was so boring.. I keep trying to play it and I just can't enjoy it.
You wouldn't get it.
Xenich

Post by Xenich »

I thought the first was ok, I actually played it to the second city, but started to get tired of it after a while. The mechanics reminded me a bit of DA. This trailer already has the "Strong woman teaching an army of solider cucks a lesson" start, so I will certainly be avoiding it until release, reviews, and mods.
jebacdrkac

Post by jebacdrkac »

first game was pretty decent, it was obvious that it was made by studio with low budget so i am curious how the second one will look now when they have more money (this should be the case unless if they are idiots which is a big chance considering they are french)
De Vespe dlc was complete garbage though, i felt robbed even though i pirated it
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

The first game felt like slop. It seemed... ugly, both aesthetically and thematically, and I can't tell exactly why.
Roguey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Roguey »

Nammu Archag wrote: March 5th, 2024, 22:00
The first game felt like slop. It seemed... ugly, both aesthetically and thematically, and I can't tell exactly why.
That's just the French condition.
TKVNC

Post by TKVNC »

Prequel set 3 years before the first one, which I liked a lot. Stylish game, very dumb choice to have the small native tribes be an equal mix of white/black/Chinese. As an avid AA RPG enjoyer, Spiders has yet to let me down (unless Steel Rising sucks, didn't play that one)

I didn't realise they were making a 2nd game. The first one was decent, but I quickly got tired of the whole 'Religion = Bad' and 'White Man = Bad' they had going on.

Thélème is fundamentally based, and I am disappointed you couldn't side with the Inqusition more directly.
Roguey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Roguey »

TKVNC wrote: March 16th, 2024, 21:08
The first one was decent, but I quickly got tired of the whole 'Religion = Bad' and 'White Man = Bad' they had going on.
I didn't really get that impression at all. Every faction has both bad and good people in it. There are good people within the religious organization and some really awful ones among the natives.
TKVNC

Post by TKVNC »

Roguey wrote: March 16th, 2024, 21:25
TKVNC wrote: March 16th, 2024, 21:08
The first one was decent, but I quickly got tired of the whole 'Religion = Bad' and 'White Man = Bad' they had going on.
I didn't really get that impression at all. Every faction has both bad and good people in it. There are good people within the religious organization and some really awful ones among the natives.
I feel you - but you get little to no option to oppose the Natives, but you get a lot of options to oppose the White people.
Roguey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Roguey »

TKVNC wrote: March 16th, 2024, 21:28
I feel you - but you get little to no option to oppose the Natives, but you get a lot of options to oppose the White people.
Give the crown to Ullan at the end and he sells out the whole island to the colonists.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

@Roguey the natives of america were violent cannibals, there wasn't an equal mix of good and bad natives.
TKVNC

Post by TKVNC »

Roguey wrote: March 16th, 2024, 21:46
TKVNC wrote: March 16th, 2024, 21:28
Give the crown to Ullan at the end and he sells out the whole island to the colonists.
I'm going to be honest, I never finished it, so I had to watch an editing on Youtube.

It looks as though you still have to leave an islander as 'high king'. Rather than just kill or enslave them all. Which is rather disappointing. It's also heavily implied to be the 'bad ending'. Rather than just an 'ending'.

I could be wrong on this, since well, I never finished the game. I got as far as the camp by the lake, then stopped.