We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Greedfall 2 - a bit of poison on my blade, then LET'S GO

For discussing role-playing video games, you know, the ones with combat.
Nooneatall

Post by Nooneatall »

Roguey wrote: September 25th, 2023, 10:09
Suzi's cute, popular, and has a voice that's nice to listen to, simple as.
(in regards to a tranny streamer)

Tags:
Roguey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Roguey »

rusty_shackleford wrote: March 16th, 2024, 21:58
@Roguey the natives of america were violent cannibals, there wasn't an equal mix of good and bad natives.
That first Thanksgiving though. People are alike all over. Good to their family and friends (but sometimes not), bad to outsiders (but sometimes not, establishing trade and such).
TKVNC wrote: March 16th, 2024, 22:14
It looks as though you still have to leave an islander as 'high king'. Rather than just kill or enslave them all. Which is rather disappointing. It's also heavily implied to be the 'bad ending'. Rather than just an 'ending'.

I could be wrong on this, since well, I never finished the game. I got as far as the camp by the lake, then stopped.
A character who wishes to commit genocide is not within the supported range of expression. You're a diplomat, not a warmonger.

And bad for whom exactly? There are worse endings. In this one, a handful of people get enriched and there's no cure found for the sickness, but they're still working on it.

Post by 1998 »

Guess Steelrising didn't sell well enough, who would have thought...
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

lol the devs went away from the actiony combat system in favor of something more tactical, and now they are sitting on a 60/40 likes-dislikes ratio. I guess people wanted the awesome button.

Post by 1998 »

In that case, I would prefer it too. There is only a very slim chance, combat does not suck.
aweigh
Turtle
Turtle

Post by aweigh »

wndrbr wrote: May 16th, 2024, 01:13
lol the devs went away from the actiony combat system in favor of something more tactical, and now they are sitting on a 60/40 likes-dislikes ratio. I guess people wanted the awesome button.
them moving to a more "tactical" combat system is the only reason i plan on playing greedfall 2. very glad they did this. i spent a few minutes downvoting all of the comments asking for "action combat".

Post by 1998 »

Didn't even watch the video, just assuming they cant pull off proper tactical combat
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

aweigh wrote: May 16th, 2024, 01:28
wndrbr wrote: May 16th, 2024, 01:13
them moving to a more "tactical" combat system is the only reason i plan on playing greedfall 2. very glad they did this. i spent a few minutes downvoting all of the comments asking for "action combat".
very funny comments. All of them are just different shades of "why didn't they copy Dragon Age Inquisition???" and "Should've just copied Mass Effect's system".
Mondain

Post by Mondain »

Too bad they're going to ruin the tactical combat in response to feedback because no dev believes in their own vision anymore.

Post by 1998 »

Well, guess it looks OK. Not that the first game's combat was particularly good.

Still, it's an odd choice to follow up their first and so far only real success with a low-effort Souls-clone and then go rtwp with the sequel. Are they trying to piss off all of their two dozen fans?
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

1998 wrote: May 16th, 2024, 04:36
Well, guess it looks OK. Not that the first game's combat was particularly good.

Still, it's an odd choice to follow up their first and so far only real success with a low-effort Souls-clone and then go rtwp with the sequel. Are they trying to piss off all of their two dozen fans?
I'm a loooong time Spiders fan and this makes me happy tbh.
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

I haven't played the first Greedfall, and I think the new combat looks good. It actually made me want to buy the first game to prepare for the sequel.
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

rusty_shackleford wrote: May 16th, 2024, 04:38
I'm a loooong time Spiders fan
how would you rank them?
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

wndrbr wrote: May 16th, 2024, 05:28
rusty_shackleford wrote: May 16th, 2024, 04:38
I'm a loooong time Spiders fan
how would you rank them?
All pretty gud, except for their latest soulsjank which I didn't play. Mars: War Logs is very short but OK.
aweigh
Turtle
Turtle

Post by aweigh »

wndrbr wrote: May 16th, 2024, 05:03
I haven't played the first Greedfall, and I think the new combat looks good. It actually made me want to buy the first game to prepare for the sequel.
even though the greedfall 1 is very much a hack and slash with rudimentary mechanics, it still has a kind of hacky RTwP system where you can pause and issue an order. only thing is you'll never need to do that because the game simply wasn't built around it, the game was built around attacking and dodging in real time.

it's obvious they always wanted to do a BioWare-style RTwP since the beginning but they either didn't know how to for greedfall 1, or decided to only do it as a side system thing that is completely optional because they were afraid of losing sales. Either way, greedfall 2 looks like it's ALL in on it and that's good because while greedfall 1 was enjoyable in a janky fashion there's no way that hacky combat would've sustained another game.

edit: btw if i remember right guns are OP, which fits the setting. u can just go guns.
Last edited by aweigh on May 16th, 2024, 05:41, edited 1 time in total.
gerey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by gerey »

Oppressing natives is not even remotely fun if they're not swarthy.

Post by 1998 »

Now they are pumping out those updates

Xenich

Post by Xenich »

1998 wrote: May 16th, 2024, 16:27

More female strong women leader in a world of might makes right garbage!

The complete disconnect in some feminist thinking. On one side they claim themselves to be as strong and as capable as men, but then they get their asses handed to them constantly in physical contests by bottom competition level men with a sports bra and estrogen treatments.

I couldn't get through the first game with the fem-preening and this sneak peak only makes me want to avoid the entire thing.
Breathe

Post by Breathe »

Xenich wrote: May 16th, 2024, 17:37

The complete disconnect in some feminist thinking. On one side they claim themselves to be as strong and as capable as men, but then they get their asses handed to them constantly in physical contests by bottom competition level men with a sports bra and estrogen treatments.
They can't even win against men in non-physical competition. Women just need to be put in their place. It's passed time.
Xenich

Post by Xenich »

Breathe wrote: May 16th, 2024, 20:19

They can't even win against men in non-physical competition. Women just need to be put in their place. It's passed time.
Well, if these "fem-Marxist" break down society like they think they want, they are going to get a first hand experience of what a society without men protecting them looks like. I have no sympathy for those types, I just feel sorry for the women who know the reality of what that means. They shouldn't have to suffer because a bunch of spoiled little teenager mentality types aren't bright enough to see where it is going.
Breathe

Post by Breathe »

Xenich wrote: May 16th, 2024, 20:31

Well, if these "fem-Marxist" break down society like they think they want, they are going to get a first hand experience of what a society without men protecting them looks like. I have no sympathy for those types, I just feel sorry for the women who know the reality of what that means. They shouldn't have to suffer because a bunch of spoiled little teenager mentality types aren't bright enough to see where it is going.
I don't feel sorry for those women because they don't speak up and say "enough." They just take the advantages given and go on keeping their mouths shut while the clown show continues. If only they realized that if they were outspoken against the crazy they'd immediately get male allies and support.
Xenich

Post by Xenich »

Breathe wrote: May 16th, 2024, 20:37
Xenich wrote: May 16th, 2024, 20:31

I don't feel sorry for those women because they don't speak up and say "enough." They just take the advantages given and go on keeping their mouths shut while the clown show continues. If only they realized that if they were outspoken against the crazy they'd immediately get male allies and support.
Some do, but remember that the media is controlled, so they are drowned out. You can go on Gab for instance and see quite a few women who advocate for traditional values and denounce this garbage, but they are only a small voice in a world filled with the money and power that amplifies the narrative. Also, many have just went off the grid so to speak, found a good husband and disappeared into the country to live away from the garbage.
Last edited by Xenich on May 16th, 2024, 20:44, edited 1 time in total.
gerey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by gerey »

Xenich wrote: May 16th, 2024, 20:43
You can go on Gab for instance and see quite a few women who advocate for traditional values and denounce this garbage
That's just the latest female grift. Being the wife/partner of a man that is rich enough to allow the woman to be a housewife is the newest expression of female prestige.

Very few of those women are actually conservative, or give a shit about traditional values.