We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Fallout: New Vegas

For discussing role-playing video games, you know, the ones with combat.

Is Fallout: New Vegas a Good Successor to the Classics? (and why?)

Yes
78%
No
22%

Total votes: 54

Vergil

Post by Vergil »

maidenhaver wrote: January 29th, 2024, 20:35
What bothered me was Ulysses was a nigger.
I thought it was pretty essential to the theme of him being a retard who doesn't understand what he's talking about and blames others for his problems.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Le epic tranny new vegas meme xddd
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

I think I'd rather troon out than play this game again to be fair
Wretch

Post by Wretch »

Oyster Sauce wrote: February 6th, 2024, 21:19
I think I'd rather troon out than play this game again to be fair
If you play this game and stellar blade back to back you just might…
Shillitron
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Shillitron »

Reminder:

Too bad both companies are cratering.
Anon

Post by Anon »

Shillitron wrote: February 7th, 2024, 02:37
Reminder:

This guy is a retard anyway

Bet he browses this forum btw, among many others, to steal content for his "articles"
Last edited by Anon on February 7th, 2024, 02:42, edited 2 times in total.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Reminder:

Who is this jew and why should I believe anything he says.
Wretch

Post by Wretch »

Reminder:

People forget NV did poorly on release and got mainly low 7s across the board compared to FO3’s 9 and 10s. There were tons of problems on consoles which was Bethesda's bread and butter money maker.

Any frustration with Obsidian would be over the poor reception and sales on launch.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Wretch wrote: February 7th, 2024, 02:43
Reminder:

People forget NV did poorly on release and got mainly low 7s across the board compared to FO3’s 9 and 10s. There were tons of problems on consoles which was Bethesda's bread and butter money maker.

Any frustration with Obsidian would be over the poor reception and sales on launch.
That doesn't fit the soyim narrative that New Vegas was always a beloved game that Todd was personally sneaking into the Obsidian offices to sabotage and when it came out he used his illuminauti contacts to make sure it was one point below the score needed to get their hecking promised bonus!
Anon

Post by Anon »

Reminder:

Chris Avellone recently said that Bethesda both didn't like FNV's bads (like being a buggy mess at release like you mentioned) and goods (like getting a cult following that Bethesda has never achieved since morrowind).
Wretch

Post by Wretch »

Normally don’t like “heckin” or “soy” in posts but I’m making an exception for this one.
Wretch

Post by Wretch »

Anon wrote: February 7th, 2024, 02:47
Reminder:

Chris Avellone recently said that Bethesda both didn't like FNV's bads (like being a buggy mess at release like you mentioned) and goods (like getting a cult following that Bethesda has never achieved since morrowind).
Bethesda couldn’t get “cult followings” since morrowind because their games set the bar for the industry and won GOTY whenever they released until they face-planted hard with fallout 4. There’s no way Todd cares about what people think of NV when he can just sell Skyrim 45 times.

I doubt anybody relevant at Bethesda cares at all about Obsidian besides thinking the poor reception of their newly acquired cash cow ip would damage their own ability to make money with it.
Anon

Post by Anon »

Wretch wrote: February 7th, 2024, 02:52

Bethesda couldn’t get “cult followings” since morrowind because their games set the bar for the industry and won GOTY whenever they released until they face-planted hard with fallout 4. There’s no way Todd cares about what people think of NV when he can just sell Skyrim 45 times.

I doubt anybody relevant at Bethesda cares at all about Obsidian besides thinking the poor reception of their newly acquired cash cow ip would damage their own ability to make money with it.
Eh they're rich AF but are still vain and jealous. You can see that with Starfield, they tried to do something "revolutionary" that turned out even more mediocre than their previous mediocre slops. I'm pretty sure they are jealous about this particular aspect in FNV and they really wish they could produce a modern cult classic as well.

But yeah I agree that most of it is probably financial reception.
Last edited by Anon on February 7th, 2024, 02:57, edited 1 time in total.
Wretch

Post by Wretch »

Anon wrote: February 7th, 2024, 02:55

Eh they're rich AF but are still vain and jealous. You can see that with Starfield, they tried to do something "revolutionary" that turned out even more mediocre than their previous mediocre slops. I'm pretty sure they are jealous about this particular aspect in FNV and they really wish they could produce a modern cult classic as well.
I don’t see todd as being capable of jealousy. The guy is so rich and successful it’s pretty funny to even imagine.

Seems like MCA just said that to excuse his own shortcomings. His games always turn out as buggy unfinished over ambitious messes. It’s always someone else’s fault for rushing his misunderstood masterpiece, regardless of what company he is contracted by.

It’s a hard blow to take losing access to the fallout ip and the ability to keep making sequels due to mismanagement and incompetency leading to poor sales on launch. Much easier to blame corporate greed or jealousy.

People also dislike MCA because his contracted sequel games are deconstructive subversive commentaries on the previous games and nobody involved in the former games appreciates that.
Anon

Post by Anon »

Wretch wrote: February 7th, 2024, 03:03

I don’t see todd as being capable of jealousy. The guy is so rich and successful it’s pretty funny to even imagine.

Seems like MCA just said that to excuse his own shortcomings. His games always turn out as buggy unfinished over ambitious messes. It’s always someone else’s fault for rushing his misunderstood masterpiece, regardless of what company he is contracted by.

It’s a hard blow to take losing access to the fallout ip and the ability to keep making sequels due to mismanagement and incompetency leading to poor sales on launch. Much easier to blame corporate greed or jealousy.

People also dislike MCA because his contracted sequel games are deconstructive subversive commentaries on the previous games and nobody involved in the former games appreciates that.
That's the definition of jealousy though, you ignore your own conquests to desire what belongs to others.

Todd is rich but deep down he knows all his products are mediocre. He's rich, but he wished he could be seen as a genius and visionary by the community, and that's something he definitely doesn't have.

And yeah he's a vain and arrogant person and puts his profits in first place, and that's why he won't ever achieve any product that's not mediocre that's directed by himself.

Btw I think you have a pretty unfair view of Chris Avellone. And I don't think he's excused, he's explicitly admitted that FNV was indeed a buggy mess at release and that they could've done better at it. But alright, I get that he's a controversial figure.
Last edited by Anon on February 7th, 2024, 03:10, edited 2 times in total.
Wretch

Post by Wretch »

Anon wrote: February 7th, 2024, 03:08

That's the definition of jealousy though, you ignore your own conquests to desire what belongs to others.

Todd is rich but deep down he knows all his products are mediocre. He's rich, but he wished he could be seen as a genius and visionary by the community, and that's something he definitely doesn't have.

And yeah he's a vain and arrogant person and puts his profits in first place, and that's why he won't ever achieve any product that's not mediocre that's directed by himself.

Btw I think you have a pretty unfair view of Chris Avellone. But alright, I get that he's a controversial figure.
Todd is seen as a visionary. He’s the most recognized face of the gaming industry. Even the jap devs with cults of personality like miyazaki or kojima pale in comparison to Todd’s fame.

Nobody outside of a few low user forums on the internet see bethesda games as “mediocre” or todd as a hack.

Bethesda games have not only been genre defining but set the bar for the entire industry for nearly two decades before their massive failure with starfield. Regardless of if you or I think they’re slop or dislike them the rest of the gaming community, journos, and cashcows all love them.

Every AAA game now has to be an open world game and copy either the Bethesda or Rockstar format to even try and compete, it’s hilarious.

Todd isn’t some skulking jealous miser. The guy is Icarus flying above the clouds and he got a little too ambitious and close to the sun for his own good. If he wasn’t so distracted with his absurd wealth and fame he would have spotted his dev teams trooning out and acted accordingly.
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

Vergil wrote: February 7th, 2024, 02:43
Who is this jew and why should I believe anything he says.
This Jew is one of the people that backed the mob cancelling Chris Avellone with his dumbass articles. You shouldn't believe anything he says, and you should probably dislike him and anything involving him.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

Todd isn't above 5'4 let alone jealousy. When somebody asks where the dwemer disappeared to, I want to pick Todd up and wiggle him in the air. I want to buy one of those big bounce floats, sit him and Avalloni on one side, and show Todd there's no loading screen in space.
Anon

Post by Anon »

Wretch wrote: February 7th, 2024, 03:16
Anon wrote: February 7th, 2024, 03:08

Btw I think you have a pretty unfair view of Chris Avellone. But alright, I get that he's a controversial figure.
Todd is seen as a visionary. He’s the most recognized face of the gaming industry. Even the jap devs with cults of personality like miyazaki or kojima pale in comparison to Todd’s fame.

Nobody outside of a few low user forums on the internet see bethesda games as “mediocre” or todd as a hack.

Bethesda games have not only been genre defining but set the bar for the entire industry for nearly two decades before their massive failure with starfield. Regardless of if you or I think they’re slop or dislike them the rest of the gaming community, journos, and cashcows all love them.

Every AAA game now has to be an open world game and copy either the Bethesda or Rockstar format to even try and compete, it’s hilarious.

Todd isn’t some skulking jealous miser. The guy is Icarus flying above the clouds and he got a little too ambitious and close to the sun for his own good. If he wasn’t so distracted with his absurd wealth and fame he would have spotted his dev teams trooning out and acted accordingly.
Eh Todd being widely seen as a visionary? Doubt that, you're overestimating it. Seen as a guy capable of making profitable games sure, as a genius visionary, no.

And yeah they define the genre because these games are a financial success, never questioned it. And it influenced the entire genre for the worse, because that's what bad influences do.
Anon

Post by Anon »

Wretch wrote: February 7th, 2024, 03:16
Todd isn’t some skulking jealous miser. The guy is Icarus flying above the clouds and he got a little too ambitious and close to the sun for his own good.
lmao
Wretch

Post by Wretch »

You seem to have OD’d on video essay youtube content.

Bethesda and Rockstar have been the event at E3 and gameshows for well over a decade. Their games define what other AAA games imitate in an attempt to be successful. Even to this day most gamers are constantly talking about the next tes game or gta.

Nobody even cares anymore about MGS and while miyazaki is on the rise he’s still not at that level of fame.

I don’t care about todd one bit and I don’t like most open world games either or the industry’s sad attempt to copy beth/rockstar. But making him the boogeyman in the MCA sob story is a hilarious level of cope.
KnightoftheWind

Post by KnightoftheWind »

New Vegas is extremely overrated, I always considered it to be on par with Fallout 3. Yes the dialogue is better, and there are multiple endings, but the difference is not significant enough to warrant any jealousy from a man like Todd Howard. If anything, it should have spurred him and his team on to do a better job. That's how competition is supposed to work, even young children playing sportsball learn that lesson at a young age.

New Vegas is like the Earthbound of modern RPGs. A small, vocal minority paints a certain picture via endless forum posts and YouTube "essays", and everyone starts to shift accordingly. Most fans of New Vegas don't care that it links more to the original games, because they've never played them. At best they only watch some lore videos and see a walkthrough, that's the extent of their interest.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

He isn't a boogeyman, he's what happens when the coffee guy becomes the lead dev through just surviving.
Last edited by maidenhaver on February 7th, 2024, 04:26, edited 1 time in total.
Emphyrio

Post by Emphyrio »

Wretch wrote: February 7th, 2024, 03:33
Their games define what other AAA games imitate in an attempt to be successful.
i wish
Element

Post by Element »

Witcher dislodged Bethesda slop as the standard for triple A stuff, the latter now seen as jank. Todd isn't a visionary, people only know him from crowbcat meme videos. If those didn't exist, normgroids wouldn't have a clue who he is.