We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Fallout: New Vegas

For discussing role-playing video games, you know, the ones with combat.

Is Fallout: New Vegas a Good Successor to the Classics? (and why?)

Yes
78%
No
22%

Total votes: 54

Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

Acrux wrote: March 24th, 2024, 15:15
Xenich wrote: March 24th, 2024, 13:41
Why would you eat at a place that displays a faggot flag?
You must not be from Kwanzania. They are legally required to be prominently displayed in all restaurants, stores, government offices, churches, and homes in the US.
Unironically true. I would not be able to buy groceries if I turned away from every building with gay shit on it.
Xenich

Post by Xenich »

You must not be from Kwanzania. They are legally required to be prominently displayed in all restaurants, stores, government offices, churches, and homes in the US.
Yeah, it seems that way at times, though I guess it depends on where you live. If I had to choose between going to a business that promotes such or eating at home, well... eating at home.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Xenich wrote: March 24th, 2024, 15:32
Yeah, it seems that way at times, though I guess it depends on where you live. If I had to choose between going to a business that promotes such or eating at home, well... eating at home.
Unless you're raising your own animals and slaughtering them, you're buying those groceries at Fags R Us grocery store. Small grocery store chains don't really even exist anymore because globohomo shit like Walmart forced them all to close.
Last edited by rusty_shackleford on March 24th, 2024, 15:37, edited 1 time in total.
Xenich

Post by Xenich »

Oyster Sauce wrote: March 24th, 2024, 15:18
Unironically true. I would not be able to buy groceries if I turned away from every building with gay shit on it.
It is hard, depending on where you live, but a lot of it can be avoided (at least for leisure activities like eating out and the like). If you live away from the cities, it is much easier (especially if you buy a lot of your food from local farmers).
rusty_shackleford wrote: March 24th, 2024, 15:36
Xenich wrote: March 24th, 2024, 15:32

Unless you're raising your own animals and slaughtering them, you're buying those groceries at Fags R Us grocery store. Small grocery store chains don't really even exist anymore because globohomo shit like Walmart forced them all to close.
Mom and pop's have been run out, but smaller chains in some states usually don't advertise as such. My point wasn't about so much that they have some back alley connection to it, but that they openly display it.
Last edited by Xenich on March 24th, 2024, 15:42, edited 1 time in total.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

Xenich wrote: March 24th, 2024, 15:37
Oyster Sauce wrote: March 24th, 2024, 15:18

It is hard, depending on where you live, but a lot of it can be avoided (at least for leisure activities like eating out and the like). If you live away from the cities, it is much easier (especially if you buy a lot of your food from local farmers).
Walking out of a restaurant after being seated with visiting international in-laws would have been a bit of a social faux pas unfortunately. I do make an effort to avoid the worst offenders when I'm on my own.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

This seems pretty neat even though I'm still in most total conversions are NEVER EVER status until release.

Also I guess this thread should be nuked to be more in line with the official canon now :D
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

If you want Fallout with Mexicans, then you should play Fallout Sonora. The translated version will come out one day.
gerey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by gerey »

wndrbr wrote: April 17th, 2024, 08:00
The translated version will come out one day.
Isn't there a few "unofficial" translations floating around made with ChatGPT and the like?

Also, after New California and the Frontier I don't trust any Western dev team not to fuck it up.
Last edited by gerey on April 17th, 2024, 08:03, edited 1 time in total.
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

I don't really follow the translation because I already played the game without it :smug:
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

gerey wrote: April 17th, 2024, 08:02
Isn't there a few "unofficial" translations floating around made with ChatGPT and the like?
I just rented a TPU and trained an AI to translate russian to english then translated it for myself
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

Why don't you translate the latest version and release it as an HQ exclusive?
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

wndrbr wrote: April 17th, 2024, 09:03
Why don't you translate the latest version and release it as an HQ exclusive?
Because it was a stupid amount of work just to play a game.
Especially since it intersperses the illegal alien language with the russian so I had to filter all that out first
gerey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by gerey »

Why not release the old version regardless? Even if it's not for the latest version of the mod, you can still play through Sonora regardless. I don't think the patches added all that much new content.
WaterMage

Post by WaterMage »

Not as great as clasics but much better than bugthesda ones.
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

gerey wrote: April 17th, 2024, 10:20
Why not release the old version regardless? Even if it's not for the latest version of the mod, you can still play through Sonora regardless. I don't think the patches added all that much new content.
there's a pretty hefty expansion called "Dayglow".
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

wndrbr wrote: April 17th, 2024, 08:00
If you want Fallout with Mexicans, then you should play Fallout Sonora. The translated version will come out one day.
I really don't want Falllout with Mexicans I want more New Vegas content :lol:
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

rusty_shackleford wrote: April 17th, 2024, 15:37
sonora is actually good so if you like fnv you'd probably hate it
- Show him the error of his ways.
Rand

Post by Rand »

loregamer wrote: March 12th, 2024, 15:25
Vergil wrote: March 12th, 2024, 15:21
You should never heavily mod a game for your first playthrough.
Based.

loregamer

Post by loregamer »

I have this downloaded, at least.

Rand

Post by Rand »

Faceless_Sentinel wrote: April 17th, 2024, 20:43
What are you thoughts about this?
Fallout and Fallout 2 don't work as an open world first person game.
Element

Post by Element »

What's even the point? Just make an overhaul mod like Enderal, new story, new characters, new quests etc.
Also, I've grown to hate how all promo for new stuff in this franchise pulls the usual trick of playing music from the 50s/60s whilst juxtaposing it with footage of someone/thing getting gibbed. It's gotten old.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Has an even lower chance of coming out than the New Vegas one.
https://www.youtube.com/@MoltenClouds/featured
Anon

Post by Anon »

Just go play the originals bro, why try to fix something that isn't broken
boot

Post by boot »

Op is a literal faggot, and New Vegas is orange Fallout 3.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Anon wrote: April 17th, 2024, 21:54
Just go play the originals bro, why try to fix something that isn't broken
Because I like New Vegas' gameplay and don't enjoy isometic CRPGs :)
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

those mods are mere vehicles for their creators to show off and fill their portfolio. None of them will come out.