We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Fallout: New Vegas

For discussing role-playing video games, you know, the ones with combat.

Is Fallout: New Vegas a Good Successor to the Classics? (and why?)

Yes
78%
No
22%

Total votes: 54

rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Vergil wrote: March 13th, 2024, 01:19
Beyond that you're getting into personal preferences and changing the game into something far from the original intended experience plus straight enhancements.
the original intended experience is crashing every 5 seconds
Anon

Post by Anon »

Anon wrote: March 13th, 2024, 01:16
I'm also curious about what you consider the "base game". Is it the base version without any bug fixing etc?

If you're taking into consideration all the mods that fixes broken/jank in FNV (which are very numerous) as "base game", then your point is alright.
Base game is Fallout New Vegas plus DLC and mods like tick fix, NVAC etc. to make the game stable. I would also tentatively accept Jsawyer/JSawyer Ultimate Edition.
Beyond that you're getting into personal preferences and changing the game into something far from the original intended experience plus straight enhancements.
I see, I agree then.

Btw I'm looking forward to @loregamer making this wabbajack. I admit it's been some months since I last played fnv and have formatted my PC since then, and I don't want to comb through another 2+ hours of downloading mods again to get it running (or worse, asking here like a mods section newfag)
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

rusty_shackleford wrote: March 13th, 2024, 01:44
I bond burgered your sister
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Vergil wrote: March 13th, 2024, 01:56
I bond burgered your sister
not something you'd want to admit to, she got pretty fat after she had a bunch of kids tbh
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

The only mods you should be using on your first playthrough are bugfixes, and maybe interface mods.

perhaps also JSawyer mod.
Last edited by wndrbr on March 13th, 2024, 02:12, edited 1 time in total.
loregamer

Post by loregamer »

Well, I finished setting up Viva New Vegas for myself and could technically turn it into a Wabbajack installer now. Fuck me though, 124 mods :lol: Hoping I can axe some of this (most of them are patches to work with other mods)

Here's the modlist without the bug fixes & patches incase you guys want to make suggestions on what to add/remove
The only mod I'm 100% going to add is Hit - B42 Interact Animation Pack

rusty_shackleford wrote: March 13th, 2024, 01:10
fnv is like a third of a game without mods
I think you might be right. :scratch:
Last edited by loregamer on March 13th, 2024, 02:34, edited 1 time in total.
loregamer

Post by loregamer »

I think what I'll do is have multiple profiles available depending on how hogwild you want to go with your modding. One for just the bug fixes + essentials (still gonna be around 50 mods LOL), one for VNV Extended, and then one profile for racists (VNV Extended + shit I added).
Last edited by loregamer on March 13th, 2024, 02:48, edited 1 time in total.
Anon

Post by Anon »

I can't suggest anything, but I leave my appreciation
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

loregamer wrote: March 13th, 2024, 02:34
Well, I finished setting up Viva New Vegas for myself and could technically turn it into a Wabbajack installer now. Fuck me though, 124 mods :lol: Hoping I can axe some of this (most of them are patches to work with other mods)

Here's the modlist without the bug fixes & patches incase you guys want to make suggestions on what to add/remove

I'd recommend scrapping anything related to vigor. It's incompatible with jsawyer and jsue because its the VNV's guy version of it, and doesn't really do anything better than jsue besides speeding up leveling (which is stupid for modded nv), plus its neither supported anymore nor has as many patches made as the others. EVEM also adds a lot of random stuff all over the place and can have compat issues tmk
Last edited by Nammu Archag on March 13th, 2024, 03:26, edited 1 time in total.
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

Honestly, the vanilla game with zero interference runs fine. I played it on a 360 back in the day and seldom had issues.
Last edited by Nammu Archag on March 13th, 2024, 03:28, edited 2 times in total.
loregamer

Post by loregamer »

A part of me just wants to scrap JSawyer stuff. I played modded on my first playthrough, but all I remember is that changes from it prevented me from walking out of the Dead Money vault with all gold bars.

"B-but the DLC is about letting go!" :ugeek:
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

loregamer wrote: March 13th, 2024, 03:53
A part of me just wants to scrap JSawyer stuff. I played modded on my first playthrough, but all I remember is that changes from it prevented me from walking out of the Dead Money vault with all gold bars.

Maybe Jsawyer does that but I don't think JSUE does that

https://file-metadata.nexusmods.com/fil ... 5-5-2.txt

All it seems to change is the base value of gold bars
Last edited by Nammu Archag on March 13th, 2024, 05:31, edited 1 time in total.
loregamer

Post by loregamer »

What the fuck, who cucked me out of my gold bars then?
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

loregamer wrote: March 13th, 2024, 06:01
What the fuck, who cucked me out of my gold bars then?
Maybe games built on this engine have a vengeful spirit that prevents the acquisition of gold bars. I got into a vault of gold bars in Enderal and then the game started consistently crashing when I tried to leave with them. The only solution was to return to a previous save.
gastovski

Post by gastovski »

can you make big overhaul similar to nostalgia list? almost every aspect of game changed on that
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

The DLC is about the importance of developers giving players as many reasonable tools as possible to overcome challenges, problems, and obstacles put in their path in ways the developer never foresaw or intended. It is the unique advantage gaming has over other mediums yet game developers attempt to discard it at every turn.
Humbaba

Post by Humbaba »

Lib mod, nobody here would ever salute Lincoln.

-Humbaba
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

I play with Jsawyer Ultimare and I don't recall it being any harder to grab gold bars than it was on Xbox back in the day.
Theres so many massive improvements JSUE brings tossing it out for that reason is pretty goofy
Also people are way too obsessed with those stupid gold bars youre clearly not intended to take them all and the exonomy is busted and easy enough as is.
Last edited by Vergil on March 13th, 2024, 12:53, edited 1 time in total.
loregamer

Post by loregamer »

You've convinced me, boys. I'll take out Vigor and put in JSUE. :pirate:
Vergil wrote: March 13th, 2024, 12:53
Also people are way too obsessed with those stupid gold bars
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

loregamer wrote: March 13th, 2024, 14:35
You've convinced me, boys. I'll take out Vigor and put in JSUE. :pirate:
Good boy.
You're not safe.
TKVNC

Post by TKVNC »

New Vegas was a pretty good entry for a 3D Fallout.

But then, I liked Brotherhood of Steel, so maybe my opinion shouldn't matter if you listen to the bozos who just parrot others views.

Tactics might still be the best, and not just because the Mid-Western Power Armour looks cool.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

TKVNC wrote: March 13th, 2024, 15:50

But then, I liked Brotherhood of Steel, so maybe my opinion shouldn't matter if you listen to the bozos who just parrot others views.

Tactics might still be the best, and not just because the Mid-Western Power Armour looks cool.
Can't tell if this post falls under cringe but redpilled or based but bluepilled. :scratch:
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

WhiteShark wrote: March 13th, 2024, 15:52
Tactics might still be the best
Paging @Acrux!!!!
He's correct but for the wrong reason.
TKVNC

Post by TKVNC »

Vergil wrote: March 13th, 2024, 16:00

Can't tell if this post falls under cringe but redpilled or based but bluepilled. :scratch:
If I posted it, 100% cringe.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

This was playing when I was out to brunch. Almost made up for me being sat directly across from a faggot flag :)

Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Oyster Sauce wrote: March 23rd, 2024, 17:49
This was playing when I was out to brunch. Almost made up for me being sat directly across from a faggot flag :)

Couldn't imagine a more quintessentially New Vegas experience than that :lol:
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

New Vegas is a decent RPG, but it's the best Vegas simulator.
Xenich

Post by Xenich »

Why would you eat at a place that displays a faggot flag?
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

Xenich wrote: March 24th, 2024, 13:41
Why would you eat at a place that displays a faggot flag?
You must not be from Kwanzania. They are legally required to be prominently displayed in all restaurants, stores, government offices, churches, and homes in the US.