We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Fallout: New Vegas

For discussing role-playing video games, you know, the ones with combat.

Is Fallout: New Vegas a Good Successor to the Classics? (and why?)

Yes
78%
No
22%

Total votes: 54

Wretch

Post by Wretch »

Element wrote: February 7th, 2024, 09:44
Witcher dislodged Bethesda slop as the standard for triple A stuff, the latter now seen as jank. Todd isn't a visionary, people only know him from crowbcat meme videos. If those didn't exist, normgroids wouldn't have a clue who he is.
Okay bethesda pfp
Element

Post by Element »

Wretch wrote: February 7th, 2024, 12:19
Element wrote: February 7th, 2024, 09:44
Witcher dislodged Bethesda slop as the standard for triple A stuff, the latter now seen as jank. Todd isn't a visionary, people only know him from crowbcat meme videos. If those didn't exist, normgroids wouldn't have a clue who he is.
Okay bethesda pfp
*Obshitian
Mondain

Post by Mondain »

Shillitron wrote: February 7th, 2024, 02:37
Reminder:

Too bad both companies are cratering.
He's never told a truth in his life btw
Mondain

Post by Mondain »

There's total conversions for fo2 that are better than any of the official fallout games btw.
Same thing with enderal, archolos, and so forth. Leagues ahead of most of the best professional rpgs let alone the slop they serve now.

Ignore any fangame that makes constant announcements like most of the TES/Fallout gamebryo fangame slop. Attention whores who will never release anything. If you're making a game like that and spend time making trailers, your priorities are fucked.
Last edited by Mondain on February 7th, 2024, 14:12, edited 2 times in total.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Do people genuinely download and play with these sad rip post on Facebook tier mods installed? Very deranged behavior to me.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

Vergil wrote: February 19th, 2024, 17:22
Do people genuinely download and play with these sad rip post on Facebook tier mods installed? Very deranged behavior to me.
Idk but imagining some retard RP walking up to a grave for a YouTuber, crouching to simulate kneeling, and opening the Pipboy to drop bloc flowers makes me very happy
Last edited by Oyster Sauce on February 19th, 2024, 19:33, edited 1 time in total.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Oyster Sauce wrote: February 19th, 2024, 19:33
Idk but imagining some retard RP walking up to a grave for a YouTuber, crouching to simulate kneeling, and opening the Pipboy to drop bloc flowers makes me very happy
Going to pay tribute at the sloptuber monument and getting jumped by a Legion death squad.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

Vergil wrote: February 19th, 2024, 19:38
Oyster Sauce wrote: February 19th, 2024, 19:33
Going to pay tribute at the sloptuber monument and getting jumped by a Legion death squad.
When I succumb to AIDS please create an essential securitron companion who plays my FNAF Let's Play on its monitor forever
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

If they really wanted to tribute Matthew Perry they should have had their character take every chem in the game and then drown in lake mead.
loregamer

Post by loregamer »

Every game I ever try is just me trying to cope with having already played New Vegas so many times.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

loregamer wrote: March 9th, 2024, 14:57
Every game I ever try is just me trying to cope with having already played New Vegas so many times.
Avowed isn't available for pre-order yet but you can wishlist it on Steam now :)
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Oyster Sauce wrote: March 9th, 2024, 15:43
loregamer wrote: March 9th, 2024, 14:57
Avowed isn't available for pre-order yet but you can wishlist it on Steam now :)
He said New Vegas not the Outer Worlds.
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

Does anyone know what happened with Viva New Vegas? The VNV discord was deleted, the Wabbajack vanished, Vish (I think that's what they called him, the guy in charge of it VNV) deleted his Nexus account, and the remaining list on moddinglinked has a bunch of changes from when I last used it in 2023.

Probably just retarded drama, but it's still weird considering that this was largely seen as the best framework for a stable and modern NV just a few months ago.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Good retards should learn how to install mods and figure out a stable load order themselves.
loregamer

Post by loregamer »

Nammu Archag wrote: March 11th, 2024, 09:39
Does anyone know what happened with Viva New Vegas? The VNV discord was deleted, the Wabbajack vanished, Vish (I think that's what they called him, the guy in charge of it VNV) deleted his Nexus account, and the remaining list on moddinglinked has a bunch of changes from when I last used it in 2023.

Probably just retarded drama, but it's still weird considering that this was largely seen as the best framework for a stable and modern NV just a few months ago.
It's still being maintained by someone else. The Viva New Vegas resources are still getting updated on Nexus. It's just the original guy disappeared.

Don't worry, once I am done with Baldur's Gate 3, I'll remake the wabbajack installer and post it here. And then we can watch all the Nexus crybullies complain that they have to come here for it.
loregamer

Post by loregamer »

Also real talk about the actual game, what companions are actually worth picking up? That's the last bit of content I have left from this game. I only ever did lone wolf playthroughs.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

loregamer wrote: March 11th, 2024, 17:11
Also real talk about the actual game, what companions are actually worth picking up? That's the last bit of content I have left from this game. I only ever did lone wolf playthroughs.
They're all pretty boring, whiny, or gay. I liked Rex and ED-E the best.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Everyone besides Rex and ED-E are some flavor of retarded/annoying. Raul is okay though, for a spicaroo. Shame nobody has made any good companion mods but there's literally never been a companion mod for a bethesda style game worth downloading.
loregamer

Post by loregamer »

Damn, I was excited to pick up Arcade Gannon and finally do that Enclave quest, but I did not recruit him since he immediately annoyed me. If it's not worth it then I'll just skip it. I'll get Raul next playthrough.

Also rest in peace Lonesome Road ED-E :salute: Glorious bastard
Last edited by loregamer on March 11th, 2024, 17:34, edited 1 time in total.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

loregamer wrote: March 11th, 2024, 17:33
Damn, I was excited to pick up Arcade Gannon and finally do that Enclave quest, but I did not recruit him since he immediately annoyed me. If it's not worth it then I'll just skip it. I'll get Raul next playthrough.
You can scoop him up and run through his approval points really fast and get his quest over with. The best ending to take too is one where it makes him disappear for the rest of the game until Hoover Damn anyway so it's a win win.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

loregamer wrote: March 11th, 2024, 17:33

Also rest in peace Lonesome Road ED-E :salute: Glorious bastard
Guides are nearly essential to start some of the companion quests. It's easy to mess up by hitting triggers while they're not in your party.
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

modded or vanilla
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

Vergil wrote: March 11th, 2024, 12:48
Good retards should learn how to install mods and figure out a stable load order themselves.
Manually downloading 60 or so bug fixes and patchers via Nexus just to start the actual modding is so tedious, especially after you've done it once or twice, so having a wabbajack that automates it in like 10 minutes is a boon
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Nammu Archag wrote: March 11th, 2024, 20:25
Vergil wrote: March 11th, 2024, 12:48
Manually downloading 60 or so bug fixes and patchers via Nexus just to start the actual modding is so tedious, especially after you've done it once or twice, so having a wabbajack that automates it in like 10 minutes is a boon
My pain is constant and sharp and I do not hope for a better world for anyone. In fact, I want my pain to be inflicted on others. I want no one to escape.
Anon

Post by Anon »

Viva New Vegas was always regarded as kinda shit, r/fnv has a comprehensive guide on how to make the game work properly. Yeah it's a bit laborious but not hard at all.
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

Anon wrote: March 11th, 2024, 21:37

Viva New Vegas was always regarded as kinda shit, r/fnv has a comprehensive guide on how to make the game work properly. Yeah it's a bit laborious but not hard at all.
If it wasn't before it definitely is now. VNV even plug's the (former?) creators mods over stuff like JSUE lmao. I understand NV fairly well but I'll go cross-reference what I have with theirs, thanks
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

Anon wrote: March 11th, 2024, 21:37

It's all cyclical...
Anon

Post by Anon »

Oh, then forget anything that I said. Good luck m8
gastovski

Post by gastovski »

Last great modlist was Nostalgia but it has been taken down sadly, also another one modlist named Wasteland Prospects but in very broken situation right now.