We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Screenshot Thread | INCLUDE GAME NAME IN POST

No RPG elements? It probably goes here!
DemoGraph

Post by DemoGraph »

rusty_shackleford wrote: March 24th, 2024, 02:01
Manny V wrote: March 24th, 2024, 01:19
It's funny cause you can tell the devs intended to make them this 'heckin ebil mysoginist patriarchy' faction,
Did they?
I never played the game for that long, but I didn't feel like the devs made a political statement in any form.
They did. It's even more obvious in dialogue and books of Flotsam ninjas faction. It's a nonstop rage against the patriarchy with a vocabulary typical for last wave feminism. And their sole schtick is that they're women that escaped the oppression and are somehow able to fight a military cult on equal terms.
The same is true for anti-slavers.
Kenshi lore is full of social commentary unfit for postapoc.
aweigh
Turtle
Turtle

Post by aweigh »

DemoGraph wrote: March 30th, 2024, 12:31
Manny V wrote: March 24th, 2024, 01:19
It's funny cause you can tell the devs intended to make them this 'heckin ebil mysoginist patriarchy' faction,
Did they?
I never played the game for that long, but I didn't feel like the devs made a political statement in any form.
They did. It's even more obvious in dialogue and books of Flotsam ninjas faction. It's a nonstop rage against the patriarchy with a vocabulary typical for last wave feminism. And their sole schtick is that they're women that escaped the oppression and are somehow able to fight a military cult on equal terms.
dang that's disappointing to hear.
Manny V

Post by Manny V »

aweigh wrote: March 30th, 2024, 12:52
DemoGraph wrote: March 30th, 2024, 12:31

Did they?
dang that's disappointing to hear.
it's all good though, one of the default starting options lets you begin in Holy Nation territory, and as long as you're a white male and don't bring any disgusting bugs/horned freaks/robots/foids/people with robotic limbs you're gravy!
honestly a fun self imposed challenged to play as a purist based boi in kenshi
DemoGraph

Post by DemoGraph »

Manny V wrote: March 30th, 2024, 15:32
as long as you're a white male
Not white, greenlander. You can make a greenlander with dark skin. Of course there're no dark skinned greenlander oppressors in Holy Nation, maximum they get is tan.
Though I think that only greenlanders are allowed to be racist. HN obviously, but even in United cities all the racists are mono greenlanders and 80% male. I don't remember any actively racist scorchlanders (black skinned elves for those who didn't play Kenshi).
Also, only white males, Turks (shek) and bugs are sexist.
There're many dark skinned oppressors in other places, but it's primarily economic - slavery. Also, I've checked and of course anti-slavers are equal mix of all the races, despite the fact that greenlanders and scorchlanders are majority populations and probably should be a majority in this group as well.

I guess, there's some wiggle room for devs. But I still find Kenshi to be heavily loaded with social commentary.
TKVNC

Post by TKVNC »

DemoGraph wrote: March 31st, 2024, 08:40
Manny V wrote: March 30th, 2024, 15:32
as long as you're a white male
Not white, greenlander. You can make a greenlander with dark skin. Of course there're no dark skinned greenlander oppressors in Holy Nation, maximum they get is tan.
Though I think that only greenlanders are allowed to be racist. HN obviously, but even in United cities all the racists are mono greenlanders and 80% male. I don't remember any actively racist scorchlanders (black skinned elves for those who didn't play Kenshi).
Also, only white males, Turks (shek) and bugs are sexist.
There're many dark skinned oppressors in other places, but it's primarily economic - slavery. Also, I've checked and of course anti-slavers are equal mix of all the races, despite the fact that greenlanders and scorchlanders are majority populations and probably should be a majority in this group as well.

I guess, there's some wiggle room for devs. But I still find Kenshi to be heavily loaded with social commentary.
Scorchlanders are Humans, not Elves. That said - the Holy Nation do not differentiate between Scorchlander and Greenlander Humans, and you are considered ostensibly, identical.

I concede that the Flotsam Ninjas are completely unrealistic in a Post-Apoc world, but they're easily enough dispatched - and ARGUABLY - they're just a branch of the Cannibal Hunters. As for the Anti-Slavers? I'm sure such a faction could theoretically exist - they're in game very heavily implied to be agents of Cat-Lon anyway, with Tinfist purposefully weakening the United Cities, since Skeletons have absolutely not given up on burying their crimes and working against Humanity at large.

Nevertheless - playing Holy Nation purist is the truly good path in Kenshi as they realistically have the highest likelihood of saving the World (or Moon) from the Skeleton menace, and establishing an actual lasting society.
Last edited by TKVNC on April 1st, 2024, 14:32, edited 1 time in total.
TKVNC

Post by TKVNC »

Fallout: New Vegas

More Screenshots though.

Paying a visit to our friends in the NCR.
boot

Post by boot »

Siege of Acre... My first battle as Prince of Navarre! I road straight for Jerusalem, when hearing word Acre was under siege we embarked on boats and arrived at the siege, finding all but 200 men slain, facing an army of 2000. We joined the siege and fought them down to 250 men. I slew 40 in melee combat before being surrounded and captured. They stole my boots!

After killing a slew of Arab princes we reclaimed Acre. The battle for the holy land continues...
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

boot wrote: April 9th, 2024, 16:32

Siege of Acre... My first battle as Prince of Navarre! I road straight for Jerusalem, when hearing word Acre was under siege we embarked on boats and arrived at the siege, finding all but 200 men slain, facing an army of 2000. We joined the siege and fought them down to 250 men. I slew 40 in melee combat before being surrounded and captured. They stole my boots!

After killing a slew of Arab princes we reclaimed Acre. The battle for the holy land continues...
going to have to insist you get off imgur and onto the vault
Manny V

Post by Manny V »

boot wrote: April 9th, 2024, 16:32

was this the 'Crusades and Jihad' mod for Warband or something else?

Warband's a GOATed game btw

Crusader gang crusader gang
Manny V

Post by Manny V »

boot wrote: April 10th, 2024, 17:24
Was 1257 AD. Crusader gang on the set
ah yeah just looked that up, neat

the Crusades & Jihad one was good but pretty scuffed, made by some Turks lol

didn't include Europe but had Central Asia & Mongols n shit
WaterMage

Post by WaterMage »

Geneforge 2 Infestation + Dark Souls 3 with convergence mod + UnderRail
junior

Post by junior »

Shipwrecked...
Last edited by junior on April 25th, 2024, 10:13, edited 1 time in total.
Manny V

Post by Manny V »

Think i might have found a message from @Red7 in Elden Ring
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

junior wrote: April 25th, 2024, 10:12
Shipwrecked...
I recognize everquest water when I see it!
Because the animation of it gives me motion sickness…