We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Screenshot Thread | INCLUDE GAME NAME IN POST

No RPG elements? It probably goes here!
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

No mod tools, so who cares?
Red7

Post by Red7 »

hey its all good if one of dialouge options is "no u stupid whore" and then spit in her face.
Red7

Post by Red7 »

lol are u telling me the dialouge was from the dude?

thats fucking hilarious. i dont play weeb games really unless they got titites. big ones.
Bertram_Tung

Post by Bertram_Tung »

I wonder what the dialogue was before the pozzed localizers got hold of it.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Hmm something tells me the original dialog is a little different from this...
BobT

Post by BobT »

Bertram_Tung wrote: February 12th, 2024, 21:26
If this is the Like A Dragon series, it's possible that it IS the "original" dialogue, in that even the Jap version will have the same.
Jap devs are starting to bend to western demands, and rather than just letting the cunt localizers deal with it, they're changing it in the base game. :( There's at least two big studios who are doing this, possibly more.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

BobT wrote: February 13th, 2024, 00:13
Bertram_Tung wrote: February 12th, 2024, 21:26
If this is the Like A Dragon series, it's possible that it IS the "original" dialogue, in that even the Jap version will have the same.
Jap devs are starting to bend to western demands, and rather than just letting the cunt localizers deal with it, they're changing it in the base game. :( There's at least two big studios who are doing this, possibly more.
The screenshot is from the 2019 remaster of 2009's Yakuza 3. The character is based on a famous Japanese tranny model who also worked as a spokesman for Sega.

This is the cutscene from the original version of the game (hi @WhiteShark) but I believe it's more or less accurate to the remastered localization.

The remaster did cut a side quest from the original where a newhalf/okama chases you down and molests you if you fail to get away.

Last edited by Oyster Sauce on February 13th, 2024, 03:02, edited 1 time in total.
BobT

Post by BobT »

lol fucking hell that's terrifying.
And AHAHAHAHAH "It".
WaterMage

Post by WaterMage »

Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 + Geneforge 3 + Valheim with every magical mod that I could find

maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

The Nigger-Thulean war.
aweigh
Turtle
Turtle

Post by aweigh »

EDIT:

womp womp, all piccies gone. guess I learned to go find a real image host XD
Last edited by aweigh on March 23rd, 2024, 00:10, edited 2 times in total.
BobT

Post by BobT »

lol a little bit *teleports behind you..
Interesting tho. What gaem?
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

This game's aesthetic is wild. I'm starting to miss the extreme bloom era not gonna lie. Peak whimsy and cozy vibes as I use real estate manipulation to snowball myself into the feudal lord of these dirty angloids.
► Show Spoiler
BobT

Post by BobT »

Which one tho????
Such a tease. :mad:
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

Vergil wrote: February 24th, 2024, 06:54
This game's aesthetic is wild. I'm starting to miss the extreme bloom era not gonna lie. Peak whimsy and cozy vibes as I use real estate manipulation to snowball myself into the feudal lord of these dirty angloids.
► Show Spoiler
that energy sword is really pissing me off right now
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Oyster Sauce wrote: February 24th, 2024, 07:23
Vergil wrote: February 24th, 2024, 06:54
► Show Spoiler
that energy sword is really pissing me off right now
Better?
► Show Spoiler
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

Oyster Sauce wrote: February 13th, 2024, 03:01
This is the cutscene from the original version of the game (hi @WhiteShark) but I believe it's more or less accurate to the remastered localization.
Yeah, the lines are there. Translating from JP:
It's different. Homosexuality is about the object of sex; sexual* identity disorder is about one's recognition of his own sex.
*: this is how the word translates literally, but it's meant to be a translation of gender identity disorder, as it is known in English. I chose to render it sexual because he says 'recognition of one's own sex' afterward, which would be confusing if the earlier word were gender.
Last edited by WhiteShark on February 24th, 2024, 08:00, edited 1 time in total.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

:lol:
Oh how bongland has fallen. Making this would be a felony tier hate crime now btw
Nemesis
Director of Synchronous Communication Channels

Post by Nemesis »

Dragon Quest XI
aweigh
Turtle
Turtle

Post by aweigh »

important to note, i am using the Project Rebuild mod which ups the fidelity of the assets. It's a long story and a bizarre one, but i felt I needed to explain that in case someone suddenly went and got the current version of DQ11 that's on Steam and found it looking worse.

for incomprehensible reasons the current "definitive edition" of the game is actually downgraded in terms of assets compared to the original delisted release of the game, this mod pack (about 20gb in total if you also download the upscaled CGI movies, half that if you don't) brings it back up to its high original fidelity and in some instances increases it.

one case where autistic modders really came in clutch and did a good thing. this is very well done and does exactly what it says on the tin.

https://sites.google.com/view/dqxi-comm ... ct-rebuild
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

Thanks for that explanation. I windered why it looked so different, although I only play it in 2D.
aweigh
Turtle
Turtle

Post by aweigh »

Acrux wrote: February 24th, 2024, 17:04
Thanks for that explanation. I windered why it looked so different, although I only play it in 2D.
of course best way is to simply pirate the original release of the game, the one without definitive edition in the title. no need to mess with mods then, game already looks amazing. Good guy Squeenix made sure to delist this version so piracy is literally the only option.

btw, most of the new content in the DE is a whole new 2d section integrated within the regular game, accessible in either 3d or 2d modes. i only ever finished the original release so i'm playing the DE now for the bits of new content.
Last edited by aweigh on February 24th, 2024, 17:21, edited 2 times in total.