We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Fallout 4 tv show from Amazon

Movies? TV shows? Books? Comics? Music? It goes here.
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Fallout 4 tv show from Amazon

Post by wndrbr »

An upcoming slop series developed by the creators of Westworld tv show for Amazon Prime Video. According to the first images, it's based on Fallout 4's designs - same power armors, same BoS' zeppelin, same cartoony-looking ghouls. They even copied the shitty watercooled "assault rifle".
► Show Spoiler
aweigh
Turtle
Turtle

Post by aweigh »

best fallout series already existed

honorary mention

Anyway, no hot chicks in the lead cast from what I saw so that means no watch from me.
Last edited by aweigh on November 28th, 2023, 14:55, edited 1 time in total.
gerey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by gerey »

wndrbr wrote: November 28th, 2023, 14:44
developed by the creators of Westworld tv show
Dead on arrival then. Westworld was a shitshow in the most literal sense of the world.

Is the nigger the protagonist?

Hollywood must be really desperate if they've been reduced to video game adaptations, and hailing them as an event.
Emphyrio

Post by Emphyrio »

if kyle maclaclan is the mc it could be good
Nemesis
Director of Synchronous Communication Channels

Post by Nemesis »

Emphyrio wrote: November 28th, 2023, 15:52
if kyle maclaclan is the mc it could be good
The MC is a female vault dweller. MacLachlan is playing her father.
Roguey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Roguey »

It's going to be commie trash.
“The games are about the culture of division and haves and have-nots that, unfortunately, have only gotten more and more acute in this country and around the world over the last decades,” Nolan tells Vanity Fair for this exclusive first look.
In the Fallout universe, the human beings fortunate enough to ride out the apocalypse in underground communities only had that option available to them because they had money.
Fans of the games should know that everything in the series is officially part of Fallout lore, and Bethesda was careful to make sure the scripts could coexist with previous storylines from the gaming titles. “We view what’s happening in the show as canon,” says Howard. “That’s what’s great, when someone else looks at your work and then translates it in some fashion.” He admits to being envious of some of the TV show’s interpretations and additions: “I sort of looked at it like, ‘Ah, why didn’t we do that?’”
Word of Todd is that it's now canon that the Vault Dwellers were not victims of a social experiment they didn't consent to, but affluent persons of privilege who denied others their rightful gibs by keeping them for themselves.
Emphyrio

Post by Emphyrio »

Roguey wrote: November 28th, 2023, 20:42
Word of Todd is that it's now canon that the Vault Dwellers were not victims of a social experiment they didn't consent to, but affluent persons of privilege who denied others their rightful gibs by keeping them for themselves.
it's an improvement
Consul

Post by Consul »

Emphyrio wrote: November 28th, 2023, 20:59
Roguey wrote: November 28th, 2023, 20:42
it's an improvement
Agreed, the whole concept that in the event of a near total extinction a goverment would concern itself with conducting bizzare social experiments on its populace instead of making plans for its survial and recovery is quite far fetched. This came from the mind of Tim Cain, who's a homosexaul, so it's not that strange that he would insert something like that, considering how hard it is for his kind of people to grasp the concept of self preservation.
Consul

Post by Consul »

I always liked the aesthetics of Fallout, even after that retardation in Fallout 3 where they made people wear 200 old clothes straight out of 60 for no good reason. I might watch it out of curiosity some day, but I'm not going to pay for it. Still, the fact that some petty, jealous and envoious commies are responsible for this somewhat lowers my interest.
Roguey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Roguey »

Consul wrote: November 28th, 2023, 21:35
Agreed, the whole concept that in the event of a near total extinction a goverment would concern itself with conducting bizzare social experiments on its populace instead of making plans for its survial and recovery is quite far fetched. This came from the mind of Tim Cain, who's a homosexaul, so it's not that strange that he would insert something like that, considering how hard it is for his kind of people to grasp the concept of self preservation.
The point was to see and prepare for what kind of problems they'd have on a multi-generational starship.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

who could have imagined that a tv adaption of a video game would be bad
Consul

Post by Consul »

Roguey wrote: November 28th, 2023, 22:26
The point was to see and prepare for what kind of problems they'd have on a multi-generational starship.
Really? Didn't know that. Was there some information about this in Fallout 2 where the concept of vault experiments was introduced?
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Entire story of Fallout is about how capitalism is good and communism is bad.
Capitalism wins the resource wars by inventing a new type of fuel, communists nuke the world because they lost and are flipping over the chess board in a fit of butthurt.
Last edited by rusty_shackleford on November 28th, 2023, 23:18, edited 1 time in total.
Roguey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Roguey »

Consul wrote: November 28th, 2023, 23:00
Roguey wrote: November 28th, 2023, 22:26
Really? Didn't know that. Was there some information about this in Fallout 2 where the concept of vault experiments was introduced?
Tim Cain talked about it in one of his recent videos.
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

Death of the author. Not stated in the game = not real. Don't care what Tim Cain has to say on the matter.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

wndrbr wrote: November 29th, 2023, 00:40
Death of the author. Not stated in the game = not real. Don't care what Tim Cain has to say on the matter.
You can't separate the author from the work.
The vaults exist because they were meant to be for a generation ship. That is what they were originally designed for(in out-of-universe), and is the way they're rationally explained.
The reason social experiment vaults seem so stupid is because if you remove this element, they become bethesda oh-so-whacky nonsense.
Rand

Post by Rand »

I only accept Fallout 1 and 2 as canon.
Fuck Bethshite.
NV is okay, but I reject the vault experiment BS.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

You forgot Tactics.

Fallout Tactics > FNV

(Not officially canon, but it should be.)
Roguey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Roguey »

Rand wrote: November 29th, 2023, 01:54
Fuck Bethshite.
Vaults as experiments comes from Fallout 2 though.
Rand

Post by Rand »

Roguey wrote: November 29th, 2023, 10:52
Rand wrote: November 29th, 2023, 01:54
Fuck Bethshite.
Vaults as experiments comes from Fallout 2 though.
AFAICT, this is the correct info on that:

Only vaguely, and (in-game) only in reference to one vault.
Vault 15.
And experiments are never referenced in any way in-game in Fallout or Fallout 2.

The majority of it comes from the "fallout bible". Which, since it's an ancillary source and not an in-game resource, I don't take seriously, despite the authors.
If they wanted this to be the case, then they strangely put virtually nothing of it into the games they made.
Last edited by Rand on November 29th, 2023, 17:28, edited 2 times in total.
Emphyrio

Post by Emphyrio »

This is what Fallout 2 actually says. (Cain is asspulling the spaceship thing)

{216}{prs32}{We were winning, too. And then those damn Reds launched everything they had. We barely got our birds up.}

Icon sound trigger.png
{217}{}{Doesn't seem as though it helped us much.}

{218}{prs33}{Well, no it didn't. But at least it knocked the damn Red menace back into the stone age.}

Icon sound trigger.png
{219}{}{And us with it.}

{220}{prs34}{Well, no. No... not quite. You see, we had planned ahead. We were ready. }

Icon sound trigger.png
{221}{}{What do you mean?}

{222}{prs35}{We had a number of sanctuaries that would enable the glorious American civilization to endure. These facilities - the vaults - were part of the great plan.}

Icon sound trigger.png
{223}{}{Those damn vaults didn't work the way they were supposed to. A lot of people in them died.} {224}{prs36}{Actually, they worked almost exactly the way they were supposed to. You might call it a social experiment on a grand scale. }

{225}{}{An experiment?}

Icon sound trigger.png
{226}{prs36a}{The vaults were set up to test humanity. Some had not enough food synthesizers, others had only men in them, yet others were designed to open after only 6 months. They each had a unique set of circumstances designed to test the occupants.}

Icon sound trigger.png
{227}{}{What about Vault 13? What was it's purpose?}

{228}{prs37}{Ahh. Vault 13 was a special case. It was supposed to remain closed until the subjects were needed. Vault 13 was, in scientific parlance, a control group.}

Icon sound trigger.png
{229}{}{But they would all have died if my ancestor didn't get them a replacement water chip. That doesn't seem to fit in with your plan.} {230}{prs38}{An unfortunate, and unforeseen, accident. However, as it turns out, a rather fortuitous one.}

{231}{}{What do you mean?}

Icon sound trigger.png
{232}{prs39}{As it turns out we needed test subjects from untainted, pre-war, human stock - your ancestors in Vault 13 - and some freshly mutated stock - the villagers from Arroyo.}

Icon sound trigger.png
{233}{}{Why?}

{234}{prs39a}{For the Project. It's almost ready. Humanity's salvation is almost at hand and the United States of America will be the progenitor of that rebirth.}

Icon sound trigger.png
{235}{}{Rebirth? What do you mean?}

{236}{prs40a}{The only way for true humans, and democracy, to be safe is to cleanse the mutants from the globe. We humans will take back that which is rightfully ours.}

Icon sound trigger.png
{237}{prs40b}{The Project will cleanse all the mutants from our fair land - and the rest of the globe. Once again, America will be the world's policeman.}
Roguey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Roguey »

Emphyrio wrote: November 29th, 2023, 18:09
This is what Fallout 2 actually says. (Cain is asspulling the spaceship thing)
The spaceship was his intent. The Fallout 2 devs ultimately went in a slightly different direction (one he didn't really approve of).
Humbaba

Post by Humbaba »

The Fallout series is about survival and rebuilding and how humanity has to reexamine itself in order to achieve either. Every single real Fallout game asks the player what course of action he agrees with. This theme started with 1 and was perfected in New Vegas. Sounds like this series is disregarding all of this and instead aims to produce goyslop.

-Humbaba
Rand

Post by Rand »

The "logic" on display here.

"We need Americans to survive the war."
"Let's make shelters where people can live for a generation until it's safe to go back up to the surface."
"Okay, but let's fuck with most of them so they're gonna fail in some way, often catastrophically."
"But, that would make it much less likely that we could restart America."
"Hey, I'm a homo, so I like people to put their penis in my butthole, so I'm totally behind people doing couterproductive shit."

Tim Cain, everyone.
gerey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by gerey »

Fallout 1's (implied) take on the vaults remains the superior one - the vaults failed because of logistical and manufacturing mishaps caused by the chaotic nature of the last years before the bombs fell, supply shortages, human error and stupidity and simple misfortune.

Fallout 2's take was completely moronic. A corporation with enough money to build hundreds multigenerational underground habitats decided to use them for social experiments despite the high chance the war was going to end in a nuclear exchange that would wipe them, and the country they were in, into oblivion.

Most of the social experiments described were also completely fucking retarded too - what if we made a vault where there was only one man? What if we made a vault where there is only one woman? What if there was a vault with only one water chip? What if we made a vault with a faulty door?

Tim Cain's excuse about a colony ship is equally retarded. He's basically saying that they put the fate of the human race into a single ship traveling to parts unknown and hoping it completes the journey successfully, and then hoping the system they're traveling to has a planet that is habitable, or can be made such.

Naturally, modern libtards had to go one step above and inject Marxist class struggle bullshit into it. Can't wait for the leader of the Enclave to turn out to be a Trump expy.
Last edited by gerey on November 30th, 2023, 07:58, edited 1 time in total.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Emphyrio wrote: November 29th, 2023, 18:09
{216}{prs32}{We were winning, too. And then those damn Reds launched everything they had. We barely got our birds up.}
rusty_shackleford wrote: November 28th, 2023, 23:18
Capitalism wins the resource wars by inventing a new type of fuel, communists nuke the world because they lost and are flipping over the chess board in a fit of butthurt.
Really makes you think.
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

President wasn't someone you could trust, he could've been trying to feed you the propaganda to make US government/Enclave look more sympathetic.

Also don't forget about Boyarski. He said that it doesn't matter who started the war and what was the reason for it. And Provolone later said he regretted putting explanations into Fo2 (GNN holodisk), and that this part is no longer canon.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

wndrbr wrote: November 30th, 2023, 09:05
President wasn't someone you could trust, he could've been trying to feed you the propaganda to make US government/Enclave look more sympathetic.

Also don't forget about Boyarski. He said that it doesn't matter who started the war and what was the reason for it. And Provolone later said he regretted putting explanations into Fo2 (GNN holodisk), and that this part is no longer canon.
Cope, the US had power armor troops in Beijing. America would have had no reason to start a nuclear war, they already won.